Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy Bragg - lovely lovely guy, extremely friendly and down to earth.
    Suzi Perry - exactly as she seems on tv - friendly and chatty
    Ian Kelsey (Emmerdale) - friendly, if a little bit shy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Oops -double post.
  • Free as a birdFree as a bird Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually meet them, but saw in Tesco at Potters Bar, Emma Bunton, Jade, and their little boy.

Emma is tiny, and looked rough without all her make up on.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Fogle was in the newspaper shop at the Railway Station/Airport. I was a huge fan, said hello to him and he said 'Thank you very much' in a 'now bog off I want to buy a newspaper' kind of way.

I met some of The Osmonds, that was lovely. Had my piccy taken with Peter Crouch before he got really famous and acquired the obligatory WAG, he was shy, but then he was so tall he kept having to bend down to talk to people. He was helping out at a Children Development Centre. At the same Centre, the Twins from the Harry Potter films were signing autographs for everyone. I thought they were lookey-likeys (I'm not a HP fan) but realised they were the real thing when my son's paediatrician was almost hyperventilating over getting her HP book signed!!

I think I may have told you all this before my memory is going!!
  • debutantedebutante Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean Hughes was friendly and chatty and Jarvis Cocker was lovely and very patient when my friend couldn't figure out how to use the camera! He just stood chatting to me while waiting, even though he was on his way out of the building.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have met lots of (sort of) celebrities over the years via TV gameshows and the like. Simon Biaggi was a smashing chap - very warm and friendly.

Least likeable was chef James Martin. He had the ladies fawning over him, while he just sat there smugly holding court, telling filthy jokes, jokes which the fawning women would have eschewed had the teller been anyone else.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Have met lots of (sort of) celebrities over the years via TV gameshows and the like. Simon Biaggi was a smashing chap - very warm and friendly.

Least likeable was chef James Martin. He had the ladies fawning over him, while he just sat there smugly holding court, telling filthy jokes, jokes which the fawning women would have eschewed had the teller been anyone else.

Not surprised - he comes across very well on saturday Kitchen, but I must say that he seemed a total tosspot when he was in that Italian car thing at Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Ooh yeah and John Barrowman - met him at a book signing and he took time to have a chat, and remembered a lot of the fans he had met before and was asking them stuff like 'did you fly over this time?'

I was pretty impressed with him!
  • ladybelladybel Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Eve Pollard (not a huge celebrity now but she is claudia winkleman's mother). An utter bitch who wears clothes at least once size too small and treats people she considers to be less than her great self like Sh**.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Nice:
    The Chuckle Brothers
    Robert Webb
    Mario and Lisa from BB

Not Nice:
    Coleen Nolan
    David Mitchell
    Agyness Deyn (hated her in the first place anyway)
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 25,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice~Phil Olivier,Esther Rantzen,Colleen Rooney,Ralf Little
    Not Nice~John Lydon(smug self important git)..at a Sex Pistols reunion gig years ago a lot of people (me included)waited for Hours to meet him and he swept past us with a face like a babys smacked arse.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    debutante wrote: »
    Jarvis Cocker was lovely and very patient when my friend couldn't figure out how to use the camera! He just stood chatting to me while waiting, even though he was on his way out of the building.

Oh my! Lucky you!

Im very jealous!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ladybel wrote: »
    Eve Pollard (not a huge celebrity now but she is claudia winkleman's mother). An utter bitch who wears clothes at least once size too small and treats people she considers to be less than her great self like Sh**.
    Eve Pollard is Claudia Winkleman's mother? And there was me thinking Claudia had got where she is by talent alone:rolleyes: Is there ANYONE in TV not related to someone who works there?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only ever meet one celeb and that's Tori Amos who our university hall bar had the luck to book just before she became famous. I only exchanged two words with her when she asked me if a child was mine (it wasn't) but it was still good of her to spend time after a show to sign things for everyone there.

A friend of mine works in theatre and has met Alyson Hannigan (of Buffy, American Pie, How I Meet Your Mother and Date Movie) and she is apparently lovely (she offered to take one of the actresses in the play to LA to meet people) and he briefly met her husband (Wesley in Buffy and Angel) who is apparently nice too.

There are a series of tales he tells that are part of theatre legend - Tommy Steele was apparently so up himself that in the production of 'Singing in the Rain' he was in the crew peed in the talk where the rain came out of. Micheala Stratchan was on the opposite end of the scale and the crew who worked with her adopted her as their little sister and wouldn't have a bad word said about her.

Dame Judi whilst performing in one play in the West End had a long gap when she wasn't in it and would apparently use the time to don a costume and appear in the chrous of Les Miserables which was next door.

The same mate of mine was in a production starring her and Dame Maggie Smith and the entire crew were given tons of champagne.

The sandwich place where I used to get my breakfast - one of the blokes had met Cannon and Ball (they used to be costumers) and said they were miserable bar stewards.

A guy who taught me to rollerblade also taught Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise's kids and said they were both lovely. A guy I worked with said Tom Cruise used to make his assistant's lunch for him.

My dad almost ran over Jimmy Greaves - it was by accident but he used to live near my parents where he had a rep as a miserable so and so. From one of my parent's friends I heard a story about Joan Collins being a diva with matching white luggage at an airport whilst not looking that great.

I'm also a member of the Dr Who and Torchwood live journal group and there are lots of positive stories about fans having the stars of those shows. Tennant comes out of this particularly well - having taken time to have a discussion with one fan who'd turned up in their custom made Tenth Doctor outfit which was only terminated when he got called back onto set and there is also a story about him giving an imprompto 10th Doc performance on a mobile for the benefit of some kids. There's an equally lovely story about Johnny Depp giving a Captain Jack performance at a hospital for some kids as a thank you for them treating his daughter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    The sandwich place where I used to get my breakfast - one of the blokes had met Cannon and Ball (they used to be costumers) and said they were miserable bar stewards.
    I've knocked Bobby Ball on his ass but didn't stay around long enough to see what his personality was like. I was running for the last bus and skidded round the corner of the Grand Theatre Blackpool just in time to knock him flying, apologised and then sped off again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    very nicde ones i've met :-

Simion cowell!! - spoke, posed for photos, let some sing for him, called me cheeky thou..i only asked him to take his shirt of LOL...amanda holden got asked where she got her showes from so she took her shoe of to look, and sanswered, so i said simion where you get your top from? can you take it of and look at the label for me? he looked at me and gave me a big smiole and wink and said 'cheeky'
    Amanda - was nice.
    Peter Andre - was nice bloke, he served me a hotdog lol
    Veron kay - he was with a couple of hollyoaks cast, doing a inbetween shot at popbeach, and he got me involed and i on the telly, but he made me feel very welcome to be part of it and he gave me hug and kiss and got a runner to get me a stivck of rock with t4 written throu it. lol
    Two pints cast - were very nice and chatted to us, and had a right laugh with us, even thou susan nickleson (dictoer and writter of two pints) was getting annoyed with them and wanted them to get on with fliming.

other ones i have met have been ok, nice enough.

like... katie price, peirs morgan, davina....

no nasty ones thou.
    Forum Member
    oh i say i never met a nasty one, i stand corrected Jim Davinson what a pr@@k!!!
    so up himself!
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 25,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxmish82 wrote: »
    oh i say i never met a nasty one, i stand corrected Jim Davinson what a pr@@k!!!
    so up himself!
    Poor you..id never want to meet the racist,homophobic plonker.hes horrid.:(
    Forum Member
    minxymoo wrote: »

Yea me and my dad just pulled in to a petrol station, and we got outr, and he was walking to his car, and dad said 'hi' not relising it was jim at first, but because jim was looking at my dad and dad thought he knew the face, then he turned round and said 'hi' back then dad relised who it was, and jim carryed on by saying '..oh if you see in the news that my ex wife is pregant, its not mine...i am seeing someone a lot better looking, think i was blind when i was with my ex wife..'
    then just went on bout himself...dad was just like yes mate wateva...i just left jim chatting on and went and paid for goods...dad got in the car and said 'what a kn@b!'
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine was absolutely LOVELY.

i envy you for meeting girls aloud, i think they're great !

have watched vids on youtube of them meeting fans and nadine, sarah and cheryl seem the most confident (it seems like that all the time anyway) and nicola and kimberley more shy. sometimes it's difficult to tell with shy people,

what were nicola and kimberley like ?
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only celebs i've ever met are the chuckle brothers, in millenium 2000 when they were signing autographs after one of their shows. i was only about 6 at the time and can't remember much and i was probably too shy to do anything but smile as i walked past but i do remember that they were talking to people a lot and generally being nice.

also saw sally taylor (only southerners would know her) in a cathedral service but didn't speak to her so can't say much about that. and colin firth goes to my church occasionaly on xmas day but when he has done i was too young to know who he was at the time. damn !
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Met Celeb chefs Nick Nairn and Clarissa Dickson Wright. Nairn was a total prat, rude, arrogant and right up himself, he seemed to be suffering from amnesia as he kept asking "Do you know who I am?"

Clarissa Dickson Wright was the total opposite, friendly, funny and had time for everyone. She was only supposed to be at a farmer's market for a short time but ended up spending ages chatting to everyone. I was impressed by the fact that she refused to take any freebies from the market holders - she insisted on paying for everything.

Also met Ricky Ross from Deacon Blue and author Ian Rankin. Both nice.

And finally I had this conversation with Bobby Charlton

BC: Excuse me, can you tell me where the toilets are?
    Me: Down the corridor, last door on the left.
    BC: Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »

He's also sexist... very.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met a few'

I had dinner with Gary Linneker in 1986 - utterly charming and pretended to play golf with his desert spoon while we were waiting for desert.
    Nik Kershaw - lovely, but seemed shy in a way that he was surprised that people wanted to meet him
    Midge Ure - lovely bloke, very friendly and chatted for ages
    Timothy Spall and Jimmy Nail - were filming in my village for Auf Wiedersein Pet (sp??) both really nice and friendly
    I saw the guy who played Bomber in the pub but I wasn't old enough to go in
    Pavel Aubrecht (DOI professional Ice skater) - lovely, friendly and also shocked we recognised him.

Not so nice
    Kevin Whately (sp) couldn't be bothered to come off the bus to meet people and everyone could just see him sat there looking glum.
    Dennis Taylor (snooker player) - a total pr1@k. Very rude - even though he was doing a publicity day signing autographs (in 1985).

Have met more but can't remember off the top of my head
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    Gilbert O'Sullivan - I took a client to his concert which was superb - then met him afterwards - he was lovely, and the concert itself was just amazing - it was strictly a duty thing for me but turned out to be one of the nicest nights I have ever had - I've been youtubing him ever since!!:D