Options

BBC Watchdog - dying Freeview STBs

nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
Forum Member
Yep on tonight's show, Freeview problems.

Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this is it on youtube?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this is it on youtube?

I think it is on BBCi player.
  • Options
    martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    I think it is on BBCi player.

if it is I can't find it either online or on VM.
  • Options
    GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the Split Nit problem that's been known for ages - just this time with a bit of Watchdog sensationalism.
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you check

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=903723&page=2

and http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=853956&page=9

you will see I did mention on the 25 th of October that ' A Watchdog researcher called me up the other day with regards Freeview '

They also were interested to hear from others so after checking with the people concerned I passed on their details to Watchdog.

The story { with film report } is at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/11/freeview_owners_making_their_o.html

By the way the Company they did not name that was making ' some ' free replacements is ' Daewoo ' although recently they have changed their return conditions.

I was only asked for the serial number but recent Customers have been asked for a photograph if they could not find the receipt .

Current claimants are being told if they cant produce a receipt { which is four years old } they will not get a free replacement.

I know someone who does not have receipt but he filled in a guarantee form and it was posted to Daewoo but Daewoo now claim ' they don't keep them after a few years ' which is a bit strange when they expect Customers to keep receipts longer than that.

Daewoo cant shift the goalpost when it suits them -

The winners were Customers who contacted them in August and early September.

The losers were Customers who contacted them in late September and October.

Please appreciate I don't have axe to grind because I have already received a replacement a excellent Daewoo DSD9503TFPB but it really gets to me that other Daewoo Customers are having to jump over so many extra hurdles which me and others { the Daewoo Dozen } did not have to jump.
  • Options
    DX30DX30 Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Current claimants are being told if they cant produce a receipt { which is four years old } they will not get a free replacement.
    Even with a receipt Daewoo refused to replace my SV900 for free, they would only sell me a replacement.

I do wonder how much damage Daewoo's reputation has suffered from their mishandling of the situation. I certainly will never buy a Daewoo product again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DX30 wrote: »
    Even with a receipt Daewoo refused to replace my SV900 for free, they would only sell me a replacement.

I do wonder how much damage Daewoo's reputation has suffered from their mishandling of the situation. I certainly will never buy a Daewoo product again.

You have PM and e-mail switched off so I cant reach you .

send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you instructions - I cant list them in the open forum as I have already been pulled up.

Put it this way you have nothing to lose - I owned a Daewoo SV900 and they picked it up I received a DSD9503TFB which is a twin Freeview tuner with PIP and a 160 GB Hard disk - I paid a cash balance of £ 15 as at first they wanted to give me a cheaper unit.

So if I can do it { and the Daewoo Dozen } then you can do it if you make enough fuss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the offer but I've already replaced it ( and not a with a Daewoo :D ).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the offer but I've already replaced it ( and not a with a Daewoo :D ).

If you still have the old machine I will buy it { with the receipt }

send me a PM with your contact details.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I didn't see any point in keeping it so it went to the local recycling centre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I didn't see any point in keeping it so it went to the local recycling centre.
    Not to worry - I would have offered £ 20 for it but it cant be helped