Tom supporters: don't bother voting (Merged)

Comments

• indigomoonindigomoon Posts: 2,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Well, the conspiracy theories have started.

Wot do you think about the fact that people will be voting for Tom tonite thinking they can save him from the dance off ?. Is this misleading the viewer?

Do you think that Lisa danced as well as Rachel tonite?
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    indigomoon wrote: »
    You know it in your heart, the judges have just made it obvious what they've been up to all series. The public vote is pointless it counts for nothing .

We are reading from the same hymn sheet The Judges are so desperate for a Rachel win. I really hope Lisa will go on to win next week.
  • MutintaMutinta Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member
    CALM DOWN

If you dont vote you cant change anything
    vote tom NOW
    You can't change anything by voting for Tom. If he tops the public vote and gets 4 points, one of the girls will get 4 points (bottom of the vote) and the other one 5 (2nd with the public). No matter what, he's in the dance off and out.
  • dobbin231dobbin231 Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Totally agree.
    What a fix.
    I couldn't understand how the judges were going to ensure Tom didn't get to the final. They couldn't know who (Rachel or Lisa) was going to get the 1 or 2 from the public. But very clever they fixed the scores so they were joint top ensuring Tom is in the dance off.
    As someone said "It's pointless voting for Tom". I don't think it would have mattered how well Tom and Camilla had danced their card was marked by the judges (they were the worst tonight tho!). The judges knew that Tom in the Final would win it with the public vote (even if he wasn't the best dancer).
    Len Goodman is a joke with 10 for Lisa'a AT and EIGHT for Rachels AS.
    Complete FIX !!!!!
    Lets all write a complaint letter to the BBC....!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion Tom was the worst tonight and deserves to be in the dance off.

Yep, maybe that's true, but there was a slim chance, I think, that he could have avoided the dance off if the girls weren't tied at the top, so there is no chance that anybody voting for Tom will get him through.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Tom really gets on well with Lisa and not so well with Rachel. Insider knowledge. Anyway, I'm going to vote for Lisa so that Rachel at least has to go in the dance off. It is stupid. Now we are going to have a final where the public clearly do not want either of the dancers in or they would not have kept putting them both in the dance off. THEY HAVE RUINED THE SHOW.

Be honest, you just don't want Rachel to win! I'm sorry but I don't believe you have insider knowledge as tonight's result goes against what you posted earlier in the week - that the PTB want a Tom/Rachel final, IIRC.

But I agree with you - the judges have ruined the show.

I wonder who "persuaded" Camilla to pick the jive?
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should not have 3 points each, every stupid statician knows this. It should be 2.5 or 2nd place. Who the hell is doing their maths?

Well usually it's 3 for top, 2 for second and 1 for third. But as gthe top people tied they both got 3 points.

Maybe they should've done the judges vote 2, 2, 1 and the public vote 3, 2, 1 so at least the public had a say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seymour wrote: »
    We are reading from the same hymn sheet. I really hope Lisa will go on to win next week.

so do the judges, thats why they keep overmarking her and undermarking others who are much better
  • FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I'm voting is that if Tom's supporters don't vote (even though I agree it's pointless) the producers will say that Tom wasn't the public's favourite .. which he clearly is .. so he should be in the final.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :yawn:

no fixes, he was worst tonight, get over it
  • Janine999Janine999 Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the authorities actually looked at the show's setup then the BBC could be prosecuted for defrauding the public as Tom is inevitably in the dance-off, courtesy of the judges "marking".
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Well usually it's 3 for top, 2 for second and 1 for third. But as gthe top people tied they both got 3 points.

Maybe they should've done the judges vote 2, 2, 1 and the public vote 3, 2, 1 so at least the public had a say?

I agree with you, otherwise the voting is a farce, or maybe I had too much beer tonight. I'm serioulsy angry with thist stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wot do you think about the fact that people will be voting for Tom tonite thinking they can save him from the dance off ?. Is this misleading the viewer?

Do you think that Lisa danced as well as Rachel tonite?[/
    QUOTE]

it is a fact that NO SHE DID NOT!
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair voting in my opinion, Lisa had the best dance by miles in the quickstep and Rachel and Vincint's AT had my eyes riveted to the screen (as did Lisa's, WOW what a great pair of legs :D)

To give Tom credit HE had to lead Camilla in the AT but Len was right there were hardly any intricate flicks of the legs and it lacked content, for them to do the Jive as well was very brave of Camilla but the judges got it right.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    The dance-off should be scrapped when we get to the final 5 couples.

The judges have made the public look like fools, because in this scenario voting means practically nothing.
    I don't like being made to look like a fool. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether or not this was a deliberate move by the judges (and I don't know if I think it was), on a point of principle allowing a public vote when one contestant cannot be saved is wrong. I've complained to the BBC via their website, and I suggest that others who feel that this is wrong do the same.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Mutinta wrote: »
    You can't change anything by voting for Tom. If he tops the public vote and gets 4 points, one of the girls will get 4 points (bottom of the vote) and the other one 5 (2nd with the public). No matter what, he's in the dance off and out.

I never do the maths, thanks. Can't stand Tom and he was definately the worst dancer, but none of this can do strictly any good in the future.:(
  • Kez100Kez100 Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have complained because I think it is fraud asking for phone votes that will not count. My young daughter has just told me she has voted for Tom, unaware of the situation.

I don't have a problem with Tom leaving BTW. I just detest fixes.
  • Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eponine121 wrote: »

Do you think that Lisa danced as well as Rachel tonite?[/
    QUOTE]

it is a fact that NO SHE DID NOT!

Going by the scores they are tied so in one way your comment is correct but for me Rachel's AS was not good enough for a Semi-Final and as for spectacular lifts I dont think so...GO LISA ALL THE WAY TO THE FINAL:p
  • teewoodsteewoods Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beanbean wrote: »
    so you think its fair that all us Tom fans dont even get a shot at trying to save him/
    Hes out no matter what. It makes the public vote part of the show a complete farce. :mad:

Justice alas! Its time the best dancers got to the final and not the worst who rely on the public. Did the dance luvies not cry for JS head and demand the best dancer go through? Nice to know people have back tracked :rolleyes:
  • Janine999Janine999 Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel G wrote: »
    A joint top of Lisa/Rachel was the ONLY way to ensure Tom was in the dance off (as he always wins the public vote).

Exactly, they so obviously discussed what to give Rachel in order to ensure Tom is in the dance-off. They must think we are stupid :mad:
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allybee88 wrote: »
    Whether or not this was a deliberate move by the judges (and I don't know if I think it was), on a point of principle allowing a public vote when one contestant cannot be saved is wrong. I've complained to the BBC via their website, and I suggest that others who feel that this is wrong do the same.

I hope many viewers complain. A travesty that they are expecting the fans to vote for him knowing he is the most popular but they will still put him out tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why the dance off thing only works earlier in the competition. At this stage, the maths just doesn't work out sometimes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlackOpal wrote: »
    :yawn:

no fixes, he was worst tonight, get over it

Quite agree - he was the worst and he got the worst scores - however the whole premise of the show is that the public get their say as well and these scores (whether pre-planned, which I doubt, or purely accidental) mean that anyone who spends their money voting for Tom is wasting that money.

Really by this stage it should be public vote only, even X-factor manages that. It's not even lilke x-factor where if the judges tie it goes to public vote - then at least Toms fans calls might mean something but as it stands there is no point Tom's fans calling and wasting their money and they should be aware of that.

*God I never expected to be complimenting X-Factor over SCD!
  • AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, how very clever....tied at the top.....I thought Tom had it in the bag after last week, he was certain to win the final, being the most popular by far....
    But the clever judges managed to fix it for the two least popular to be in the final...Len's clever little rant at Vincent about not having enough foxtrot in the AS....just so he can then drop the points down a fraction and, hey ho, what a surprise, the females are tied at the top !

As someone else has already said, why not just give Rachel the trophy now....:yawn:

At this stage in the competition ( and even last week ) there should be no judges voting...it should all be down to the public....in a sense, this is the final, with the final three couples competing....

What a poor ending to such a good show :(