Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    3. Couple of candida of Alison, Kym and Marc on set today on DM which are cute though unfortuntaly Ali is partially obscured by a gate. They were poss filming different days today as blue jumper is different to earlier shot in UW, unless that's actress' own. I'm getting a bit too analytical so Imma stop!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Could you please post a link to these pictures, I dont think I have seen them. Thank you :)
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, hello everyone! :-)

Just got back from Manchester with our very own Holly and Leonna!

Had a wonderful time!

On the first day me and Leonna met the beautiful Mr Barlow ;) And one or two others!

Then the next day, after a whole day waiting, a man told us to follow him.. and let us visit the set :o (not the inside) but omg! It was odd! Amazing.. much shorted than I thought!

And then we met Kym (who was utterly lovely!) and Ali, bless Ali, she worried us as she seemed very down, and almost not bothered (but still stopped and took photos).

The next day we luckily met her again, and I appologised for stopping her which said 'Don't be silly!'. She was lovely! Eeeeh! She seemed SO much happier too. And that day I saw a photo of her with my birthday card to her, so super happy.

Then today Holly finally met Chris (and we did too!) My god he is beautiful. He walked out too so Holly got a proper little hug from him ;):D

We missed Ali sadly as we had to go home but a friend of ours met her :D

It was amazing! :-)
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ljohnson13 wrote: »
    3. Couple of candida of Alison, Kym and Marc on set today on DM which are cute though unfortuntaly Ali is partially obscured by a gate. They were poss filming different days today as blue jumper is different to earlier shot in UW, unless that's actress' own. I'm getting a bit too analytical so Imma stop!!! ;)

Could you please post a link to these pictures, I dont think I have seen them. Thank you :)

Here you go http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2299980/Michelle-Keegan-wraps-award-winning-body-named-Cleavage-Of-The-Year.html :)

Had a wonderful time!

On the first day me and Leonna met the beautiful Mr Barlow ;) And one or two others!

Then the next day, after a whole day waiting, a man told us to follow him.. and let us visit the set :o (not the inside) but omg! It was odd! Amazing.. much shorted than I thought!

And then we met Kym (who was utterly lovely!) and Ali, bless Ali, she worried us as she seemed very down, and almost not bothered (but still stopped and took photos).

The next day we luckily met her again, and I appologised for stopping her which said 'Don't be silly!'. She was lovely! Eeeeh! She seemed SO much happier too. And that day I saw a photo of her with my birthday card to her, so super happy.

Then today Holly finally met Chris (and we did too!) My god he is beautiful. He walked out too so Holly got a proper little hug from him ;):D

Ahh CONGRATS to you guys and everyone else who met Ali K & Chris G!!! SO awesome. Saw the fab photos on twitter. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member

Had a wonderful time!

Aww happy for you all. Congrats. I hope Ali is okay bless her. I just love her
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, I've missed so much! Would do a MQ but I'd be here all day, so I'll summarise.

As much as I'd love an engagement, I think it's far more likely this celebratory meal will be for Ken & Deirdre's anniversary/getting back into the house/a happy year etc. Is it a special anniversary? Someone on twitter pointed out that the last time K&D had an anniversary meal Peter was planning to propose to Leanne, so perhaps it's a case of history repeating itself? :p Getting my hopes up far too much but yeah. To be honest though I wasn't expecting or even hoping for a proposal until at least the summer, so I won't be too gutted if this meal turns out to be nothing special. Although the idea of scenes with Carla with all the Barlow's round a table should provide some comic value if nothing else, and it at least means we get some interaction between them which we've all long hoped for. This was obviously what Ali and Bill were filming so late the last time I was there with Lisa.

Such a crap fan, didn't even know about Peter's birthday, but I hope we do get a birthday scene or two, especially if Carla's bought him something nice ;)

No idea what Peter and Rob would fall out over, but like people have said my guess is Tracey is involved somehow. Rob hasn't seemed all that bothered about Tracey lately, so maybe he dumps her and Peter takes offense, although as people said why would he suddenly be so keen to defend Tracey? Peter has seemed so calm and 'chilled out' lately it seems even more strange that he'd seemingly get really angry at someone like that, which makes me think it's something fairly serious. Hmm, odd.

I really hope this summer storyline doesn't involve Peter getting involved with the factory. If nothing else it would be a repeat of usual, with every guy Carla has been with seemingly ending up working there if they didn't before, but I like the fact that they have their own separate lives as well and I just can't see Peter working well in the factory.

Re the DM photos, we saw those ones of Michelle being taken and bless her I felt so bad for her, they were right in her face as she walked up to the gates and she was literally hiding her face by the end. You wouldn't think it though, the happy photos they've used, which goes to show you how things are twisted I guess. The zoom on those lenses as well for the Kym/Ali/Marc photos much have been huge as anyone who's been to the gates will know, it's a fair distance between where they're standing and where the paps were at the gates. For some reason that makes me feel quite uncomfortable, although I'm often to first to jump for joy at new pap shots of Ali, so I can't really judge them too harshly.

The last few days at the gates have been brilliant as Leah said, although by the fourth day there in a row we were pretty embarrassed seeing the same crew/staff leaving and giving us odd looks :o

Going on set was amazing, even if we were only on there about 10 minutes. The street is so much shorter and thinner, and the cobbles felt somehow smoother under foot to what I expected. I completely wasn't expecting it at all, the guy just came out and was like "You three have been here all day haven't you? Come with me" and lead us up there. I nearly passed out!

As stunning as Chris looks on tv, he is genuinely even better in the flesh. He's shorter than I expected as well, although that was no bad thing for me as I'm tiny! He had his arm round me for the photo, and just before my friend took it, he kind of squeezed me more tightly and I honestly nearly died. He was so lovely as well and I could rave about how much I love him forever but I won't bore you all :p Just a small beacon of hope, someone asked Chris how Jane was and he said she was ok as far as he knew because he hadn't really seen her, which can only be a good thing as far as them not filming together goes. Hopefully this means no Petanne scenes for at least the next 6/8 weeks. Jack Shepherd tweeted saying they were filming for June, soo.

Ali was lovely as well as always, although like Leah said she did worry us a bit on Tuesday with how tired/down she looked, hence why we all agreed not to put said photos on twitter just in case something had happened or whatever. But when we saw her the next day she seemed fine so hopefully it was just a tiring day.

I'm pretty sure there was something else I was going to say but it's completely gone out of my head now, so never mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy for you Holz and Madaboutcarla glad you had a good time and nice experience. I went to Granada studios years ago when they did the tours and went onto the street, and it's much smaller than it looks.

I was reading some soap mags in Asda ha. I haven't done that in so long ha. And one says that 'Rob tries to wind up Peter at ken's meal' for the Weds episode. So it might be him just being an idiot for some reason.
    It also says in inside soap at the back for the next week 'Brother's in war.' Rob and Peter are almost family but this week it becomes clear there is no love lost. Who'll come out on top? It might be just a headline, but that sounds like a battle of wills to me and an issue between them, not Tracy yet. She isn't mentioned and it's not the big story of the week in the two week mags, which it would be if there was a proposal or it was anything bigger at this point. It's just mentioned in the episode bit for that day, and then gone again, so maybe just sowing seeds tho still not sure where it's heading.
    I know they plot device for certain stories, and suddenly Peter and Tracy may remember they are brother and sister for this story haha, but it's a little out the blue for Peter suddenly to start caring about Rob messing Tracy around, when he wasn't at all bothered when she miscarried accused Becky of throwing her down the stairs, and went about her wedding to Steve antics.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Holly and Leah i am so happy for you both! Sounds like the pair of them were their usual dreamboat self! And a tour of the set that is the cat's pyjamas! :):)

Sounds pretty cheeky of Rob to be riling Peter in his parents' house.....i really want to like rob, but he is such a twwat so much of the time, especially to Carla and that really grinds my gears!!

Off skiiing tonight so amma miss Corrie next week (though i'm holding out for wifi in the resort!!!!) but hopefully Carla and Peter shall be involved!
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holz and MadaboutCarla - happy for you both. :) It sounds like you had an amazing time.

Re the Rob/Peter spoiler - they don't appear to be building up to anything atm, so that makes me think that it could be over something trivial to begin with but then again, perhaps Rob is trying to take over at the factory and he tries to undermine Carla?

I wonder if Peter steps in and stands up for Carla (or Michelle) or maybe he just points out that it's Carla's business but Rob sees red, goes too far and then it gets out of hand. :confused:

From the few scenes of Peter we've had recently, I think it's fair to say that he's been very calm, relaxed/very chilled out... at times, he's even been the voice of reason, coming across as very wise :eek: it's almost like nothing can phase him and that is why I imagine that if anyone goes too far and starts throwing insults, it will be Rob because I can't see Peter losing his cool easily or overreacting.

It should be an interesting family meal. :p
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Hey Holz and Mad,

It certainly sounds like you both had a fabulous time at the studios - so, congrats! :)

I'm mighty pleased to hear that Chris looks even better in the flesh, 'cause he sure is mighty fine-looking on TV! :) And, you so often hear the opposite - I mean, people in general saying how disappointed they are about a particular celeb, or the like, not being quite so fabulous-looking in the flesh. So, the fact that Chris looks great is excellent! :) I'm not quite sure why, admittedly,...just is,...somehow. :o OK, just humour me, he's just gorgeous! :D

As for future spoilers? I'm not really sure what to make of Ken inviting the "kids" round to celebrate at his place. I certainly agree, if there is any friction between Rob and Peter,...I'm pretty sure it will be Rob's fault. I still quite like Rob, but do think he is exceedingly annoying, selfish and downright immature at times. So, maybe, Peter is pissed off with the way Rob is treating Tracey. Rob does appear to be blowing hot and cold where Tracey is concerned. Not that that would normally bother Peter. Although, I think Tracey and Peter have always got on, I wouldn't personally see them as particularly close. But, at the moment, I agree, Peter is in very chilled-out, wise-man mode. So, maybe he is just being the voice of reason about the way Rob is treating Tracey. Look how reluctant Rob was to have Tracey stay at his place during Rovers fire week. Maybe, Rob turfs Tracey out again, unceremoniously, and Peter isn't impressed with the way Rob goes about it. Who knows! Still, I will be happy to have a few more Carter scenes, now that the Rovers fire is at an end. Although, admittedly, the fire is just the start of what is clearly going to be a long drawn out sl, involving Stella and Karl. But, we've got the Kirsty/Ty sl at a close. So, maybe that will leave room for a little bit more Carter time, before any major sl involving the two of them begins in earnest over the summer. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh forgot to say it said Ken's meal was at the Bistro, not his house. The one were it said in the episode bit that Rob tries to wind up Peter at the meal.
    Forum Member
    Oh, well if the meal as at the Bistro, even better! :) Can't wait! That would surely lead to some interesting dynamics all round. Especially, with Leanne watching on from the Bar. It will be interesting to see how Leanne reacts to seeing Carla and Peter interacting at a Barlow family affair. Perhaps we will see whether she has finally moved on, and over Peter. Leanne is never going to be particularly pleased to see everything going "tickety-boo" between Carter, to pinch one of Carla's sayings. But, it would be good to see Leanne not behaving as though she is still a bit wistful about Petanne. Personally, it would be a relief to bury Petanne once and for all.
  • Karen25!!!Karen25!!! Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Hey u guys! Soz i havent posted 4 ages! have been reading everyone 's posts though! Hope everyone is well! Xxxxxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to these episodes! Should be interesting at the Bistro! But wouldn't it be nice to have some Carla/Barlows scenes without having Leanne lurking in the background? Nothing against Leanne but I wish the writers would go into more depth with Carla's relationship with Peter and his family without always having to bring Leanne into it. It's time to move on. I can't help but think that is this meal is held at the Bistro then Leanne would obviously be involved somehow. I just want to see how Carla interacts with Ken, Deirdre and co without having to focus on hers and Peter's issues with Leanne.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like the scenes in the Rover's recently when Carla and Peter were sat with Deirdre and Tracey without Michelle or Rob about. I think Carla often clings to those she's comfortable with in certain situations and it really did seem as if she felt accepted somewhat with Deirdre and Tracey at least. She wasn't holding off the PDA's which she might have done at this point last year. Will be intrigued into the meal scenes, will Simon and Amy be there as well? Really would like to see some progress with Carla and Simon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone :)

I feel like I've not been joining in so much recently. Think it's because I've stopped reading spoilers and speculating too much. I like discussing what has happened, but not much has happened with them recently.

And finally, my username will have proper meaning, seeing as I've been wanting her to be Carla Barlow for a while now
    :-p

I'm also wondering what colour dress Carla will choose this time... I think she'd look nice in a dark green.

Having said that, that might just be because I've become quite fond of the colour green recently lol!!

I'd like them to get married, and I'm not against a dark green dress, though don't think Carla wears much green, does she?

I must admit if Carla becomes Carla Barlow I'll find it a bit weird that you actually have her name as a username. :p
    I think a few women would love it too. I'd be well happy with Carla draped all over me :-p

If anyone's looking for women to volunteer to have Carla draped over then I'm definitely putting my name down! :D
    *waves* =)
    Yes, I do feel obligated to at least show my face once in a while :D Especially now I'm thinking there'll be some nice Carla/Peter development coming up!
    *waves*
    BIB good :):p
    BIB - I know which episode they're on about I think... where Peter just seemed to be popping up in the background of everyone's scenes? I felt like that episode was "where's Peter now" and didn't actually concentrate on the other stories lol!
    For some reason that's just given me a mental image of a "Where's Wally?" but "Where's Peter?" instead. Now I'd just like some one more arty (or with more time on their hands) to create some pictures. I'm sure it could be done in photoshop.
    Actually that reminded me of a photoshopped picture, I think it was of the crowd from Will and Kate's wedding, where The Doctor was in the crowd. And now I'm just wittering on about nonsense.. :o
    April was quite a good month for them last year too... poppadom, anyone? =D
    *snickers*
    When was this and where are the pics? *gimme* =D
    If they have an engagement meal, maybe there are saucy scenes later? ;-)
    :D
    Ohhhh a Peter birthday scene could be nice.

*imagines it now*

Peter: "There's only one thing I want for my birthday this year,"

Carla: "What's that, darlin?"

Peter: "I want you to marry me."

*squeals*

Yes, yes... that's how it needs to go.
    lol

Had a wonderful time!

On the first day me and Leonna met the beautiful Mr Barlow ;-) And one or two others!

Then the next day, after a whole day waiting, a man told us to follow him.. and let us visit the set :-o (not the inside) but omg! It was odd! Amazing.. much shorted than I thought!

Then today Holly finally met Chris (and we did too!) My god he is beautiful. He walked out too so Holly got a proper little hug from him ;) :-D

We missed Ali sadly as we had to go home but a friend of ours met her :-D

Glad you had a good time. :)

Holz_ wrote: »
    Such a crap fan, didn't even know about Peter's birthday, but I hope we do get a birthday scene or two, especially if Carla's bought him something nice ;-)
    I didn't know either, but I'm not as dedicated as some people on here *ashamed*. I would claim to have a life, but mainly I just have a job, with a fairly long commute.

The last few days at the gates have been brilliant as Leah said, although by the fourth day there in a row we were pretty embarrassed seeing the same crew/staff leaving and giving us odd looks :-o
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    BIB - lol

Karen25!!! wrote: »
    Hey u guys! Soz i havent posted 4 ages! have been reading everyone 's posts though! Hope everyone is well! Xxxxxxx
    Hi Karen, I'm good thanks, hope you're well.

Naaat wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to these episodes! Should be interesting at the Bistro! But wouldn't it be nice to have some Carla/Barlows scenes without having Leanne lurking in the background? Nothing against Leanne but I wish the writers would go into more depth with Carla's relationship with Peter and his family without always having to bring Leanne into it. It's time to move on. I can't help but think that is this meal is held at the Bistro then Leanne would obviously be involved somehow. I just want to see how Carla interacts with Ken, Deirdre and co without having to focus on hers and Peter's issues with Leanne.
    I agree with this.

Edit - annoying smilie police, I thought I had been restrained, but I'm still one over. Grr.
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone :)

I feel like I've not been joining in so much recently. Think it's because I've stopped reading spoilers and speculating too much. I like discussing what has happened, but not much has happened with them recently.

I didn't know either, but I'm not as dedicated as some people on here *ashamed*. I would claim to have a life, but mainly I just have a job, with a fairly long commute.

Hey Ocean, glad you are about. :) I hope all's well with you? I certainly understand how challenging it can be trying to keep up in here,...life or no life. Work certainly gets in the way, as far as I'm concerned. But, as I've said before, I have to admit I try not to spend as much time in here, as I would actually like. I'm trying to restrain myself by not posting as often. Plus there's so much else I have to do as well, in the real world, so to speak. ;) I'm as obsessed with Carter as I've always been. But, something has to give, I guess. :D
    Forum Member
    If anyone's looking for women to volunteer to have Carla draped over then I'm definitely putting my name down! :D
    Get in line, ladies! ;)
    Forum Member
    Get in line, ladies! ;)

:o I need to get in on this too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for future spoilers? I'm not really sure what to make of Ken inviting the "kids" round to celebrate at his place. I certainly agree, if there is any friction between Rob and Peter,...I'm pretty sure it will be Rob's fault. I still quite like Rob, but do think he is exceedingly annoying, selfish and downright immature at times. So, maybe, Peter is pissed off with the way Rob is treating Tracey. Rob does appear to be blowing hot and cold where Tracey is concerned. Not that that would normally bother Peter. Although, I think Tracey and Peter have always got on, I wouldn't personally see them as particularly close. But, at the moment, I agree, Peter is in very chilled-out, wise-man mode. So, maybe he is just being the voice of reason about the way Rob is treating Tracey. Look how reluctant Rob was to have Tracey stay at his place during Rovers fire week. Maybe, Rob turfs Tracey out again, unceremoniously, and Peter isn't impressed with the way Rob goes about it. Who knows! Still, I will be happy to have a few more Carter scenes, now that the Rovers fire is at an end. Although, admittedly, the fire is just the start of what is clearly going to be a long drawn out sl, involving Stella and Karl. But, we've got the Kirsty/Ty sl at a close. So, maybe that will leave room for a little bit more Carter time, before any major sl involving the two of them begins in earnest over the summer. :)

BIB 1: True. Although I guess things can't be that bad between Rob and Tracy if Rob is having dinner with her parents. Unless Rob's lack of gratitude - when he's invited to the family meal - prompts Peter to confront him... :confused:
    Oh well, I guess all will be revealed soon.

BIB 2: That's what I'm thinking/hoping. Fingers crossed. :)

Should we dare hope to see them in the next lot of preview pictures...
    kerry1681 wrote: »
    Oh forgot to say it said Ken's meal was at the Bistro, not his house. The one were it said in the episode bit that Rob tries to wind up Peter at the meal.

Thanks for the heads-up! :)
    xVictoriax wrote: »
    I did like the scenes in the Rover's recently when Carla and Peter were sat with Deirdre and Tracey without Michelle or Rob about. I think Carla often clings to those she's comfortable with in certain situations and it really did seem as if she felt accepted somewhat with Deirdre and Tracey at least. She wasn't holding off the PDA's which she might have done at this point last year. Will be intrigued into the meal scenes, will Simon and Amy be there as well? Really would like to see some progress with Carla and Simon.

BIB: Ditto. I'm still hoping they will go down that road eventually.

Happy Easter everyone. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    So all of this 'locking horns' between Rob and Peter is worsened by Rob teasing Peter for drinking orange juice? :rolleyes: I'm a little disappointed if I'm honest :p but still, it looks like we get some decent amount of Carter next week for a change!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly confused over the spoilers but great to see Carla and Peter back in the preview pictures.

It looks like it's mostly Rob being childish but this must be building up to whatever's happening with them all in May, so it will be interesting to see exactly how the whole thing starts.
  • ElleBelleElleBelle Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just the relevant bits

http://www.corrie.net/kabin/gazette.html

Monday 8 April 2013

Deirdre wishes Ken a happy anniversary and hands him a card. Ken has clearly forgotten but tries to cover by hastily organising a dinner party with Tracy, Peter, Carla and Rob.

Carla and Rob apologise to Fiz for the way she was treated and offer her her old job back.

Monday 8 April 2013

At the anniversary party, Rob flirts with Deirdre who's in her element. But when he insists they all try his home-made punch, how will an uncomfortable Peter react?

Wednesday 10 April 2013

In the bistro, Rob tries to wind Peter up over the fact he's drinking orange juice. Peter puts him in his place, his dislike of Rob is evident.
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Carla being caught in the middle of the two.
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the spoilers.
    Next week is looking good. Although, I also already feel sorry for Carla being stuck in the middle.