BBC promoting the myth - again

penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Claudia said to Sid 'You were very emotional on Saturday.'

It WAS Saturday. That may not be an untruth but it is certainly 'being economical with the actualite.'

Comments

• moose82moose82 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it doesn't really bother me everyone knows its recorded on Saturday night
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I thought you meant the myth that Dionne Warwick can still sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Its very sad. A great great singer reduced to performances like that.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better than using "last night" which would be a lie. :confused:

And it's better than the cost of dragging everyone back to do it live, they're there anyway, record it whilst you're there. I don't get the problem. :confused:
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    It's better than using "last night" which would be a lie. :confused:

And it's better than the cost of dragging everyone back to do it live, they're there anyway, record it whilst you're there. I don't get the problem. :confused:

It is.

But why pretend at all?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Its very sad. A great great singer reduced to performances like that.

The dancing was brill though.Yes, The BBC are still perpetrating the myth and taking the pyth!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is.

But why pretend at all?

So what was she supposed to say? You can't say "tonight" because we're all watching it a day later so "on Saturday" would be the correct term. :confused:

I know it aggravates the life out of you, but there are way more things that aggravate me about Strictly than that. ;)
  • bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is.

But why pretend at all?
    Kristina still had that fig leaf on;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what was she supposed to say? You can't say "tonight" because we're all watching it a day later so "on Saturday" would be the correct term. :confused:

I know it aggravates the life out of you, but there are way more things that aggravate me about Strictly than that. ;)

Does it? Not really, just a thought. Couldn't she just say 'You were emotional?'
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moose82 wrote: »
    it doesn't really bother me everyone knows its recorded on Saturday night

I wish I could agree with you, but the amount of people I know who are still convinced it's live on a Sunday evening, even when I can predict the result for them, they still do not believe it's recorded after the main show.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that they move the crowd about is just stupid. The fact that I am help to pay paying for Tess to have another dress annoys me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I think the BBC do the right thing, to make the show seem like it's happening there and then. How odd would it be if Tess said "On the show that you watched last night, but actually happened for us 20 minutes ago..."

All other programs that are recorded don't say when they were recorded, and for the casual viewer, surely it seems much more correct for the presenters to be talking about last night?

Saying this, I'd much prefer the results show to be on the Saturday evening, but it was so tough for me today to not look at the spoiler thread!
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

I was so disappointed, such a fabulous lady in her hey day but now time to retire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it? Not really, just a thought. Couldn't she just say 'You were emotional?'

You bring it up every year. :confused: or it feels like you do, but it might not be you in fairness but someone does. :confused:

It doesn't really bother me, but then I drift in and out of the results show.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    penelopesimpson should really raise this topic a bit more often.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the topics we've rehashed over the years, this is surely the most tedious.
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very annoying - and maybe also annoying for it to be discussed so often too - but there's another good reason to : the farce is costing tax payers money. Look at the change in outfits for the ladies for starters. And this extra cost is simply to let viewers think it really is all filmed on a different day. Which some people still believe; hence this crops up every year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You bring it up every year. :confused: or it feels like you do, but it might not be you in fairness but someone does. :confused:

It doesn't really bother me, but then I drift in and out of the results show.

I don't mind taking the blame but actually it isn't me. It isn't a big issue - you are right - but it just seems all a bit silly for a broadcaster as big and important as the BBC.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacko2h wrote: »
    I think the BBC do the right thing, to make the show seem like it's happening there and then. How odd would it be if Tess said "On the show that you watched last night, but actually happened for us 20 minutes ago..."

All other programs that are recorded don't say when they were recorded, and for the casual viewer, surely it seems much more correct for the presenters to be talking about last night?

Saying this, I'd much prefer the results show to be on the Saturday evening, but it was so tough for me today to not look at the spoiler thread!

Exactly... I really don't know why this is brought up EVERY year
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »
    It's very annoying - and maybe also annoying for it to be discussed so often too - but there's another good reason to : the farce is costing tax payers money. Look at the change in outfits for the ladies for starters. And this extra cost is simply to let viewers think it really is all filmed on a different day. Which some people still believe; hence this crops up every year.

The alternative is to show the results on Saturday which would mean they would be on very late.
    Or they actually film it on Sunday which would be an even bigger waste of money.

I can't get over how "outraged" people get about this.
    It's an entertainment programme, not a political scandal
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly... I really don't know why this is brought up EVERY year

I am sorry but there are thousands of new people join DS every year that might want to discuss the matter. By typing a word in bold shows a lack of respect to the OP imo. Manners cost nothing.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I am sorry but there are thousands of new people join DS every year that might want to discuss the matter. By typing a word in bold shows a lack of respect to the OP imo. Manners cost nothing.

I guess so - and I apologise, I had no idea typing a word in bold was disrespectful? I have seen much worse behaviour on these boards imo. I just don't get what the big deal is about the presenters saying 'last night' or 'on Saturday' . Any recorded programme refers to when it's broadcast and not when it's filmed.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl423 wrote: »

Do you not think it would cost far, far more to have all the crew and performers back for a half an hour of a show the next night?
    I certainly do
    I also think it would be pretty difficult to get an audience in for the results show; half an hour of a show where you only get to see the two worst dances.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    They should go back to having the results show live on Saturday.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should go back to having the results show live on Saturday.

Which, as 2009 showed, is a bad idea as the show would go on too long - it'd be on too late, the schedule is already full as is and it'd run into the X Factor.

I don't get why the Sunday results show causes so much "controversy". Nobody is actually claiming it's "live" - it just makes more sense to say 'last night' rather than 'earlier tonight but it'll be last night by the time this airs'.