A word to Nicholas..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
Forum Member
Yeah mate, dont slag off the model/dancer who had to pretend to be interested in you at the end of your "singing" (if thats what that was...:rolleyes:)

She is beautiful and the one thing you arent...talented!

Unless she was being paid to be on stage with you, she wouldnt look at you in a million years.

So dont give it the whole "BIlly Big-Baws" act and go "I shoulda telt her tae get tae cos, like I pure fancy Nicole an that, aye man..."

Jog on buddy...:rolleyes:

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well put. He was very full of himself today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Well put. He was very full of himself today.

Typical wee Glesga punter ned...

He is so mediocre and pedestrian too...nothing unique or compelling about his voice in the slightest.

Good karaoke star down the local, but not a star. :sleep:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    viewaskew wrote: »
    So dont give it the whole "BIlly Big-Baws" act and go "I shoulda telt her tae get tae cos, like I pure fancy Nicole an that, aye man..."
    :

It'll probably seem obvious once you say it but I can't work out the 'tae cos' bit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It'll probably seem obvious once you say it but I can't work out the 'tae cos' bit!

Sorry! There should have been a comma in between that - as in "tae, cos,".

My mistake, but I only noticed it AFTER it was too late to edit the post.

Basically the phrase is "get to..(f*ck)" which gets shortened to "get tae" in Glasgow. :D
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walking slowly across a stage = 'talented'? :confused:
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    he was just playing along with the judges comments , give him a break
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Vol wrote: »
    Walking slowly across a stage = 'talented'? :confused:

You have to spend years training for it. Then you move on to brisk walking
  • Vodkafairy75Vodkafairy75 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    he was just playing along with the judges comments , give him a break

^^This^^
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculously uncalled for post. He didn't do anything remotely wrong. He just showed that he has a rather humorous personality, which is something you evidently lack. Walking, talented? Alright, whatever you say. He actually has a bloody decent voice. I'm not a supporter of such, but he can sing, he's one of the best vocalists in the competition. I actually don't think he'd look at her... he seems popular with girls.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another day, another OTT response in an OP.
  • FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone was sitting at home thinking how talented that girl is at walking.
    I was watching thinking that girl is clearly too old for him, surely there will be some point in this story where he is to turn down her advances but no.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst looking sultry. Takes years of training. It's multi-tasking:)
  • callym1980callym1980 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was joking around in an interview, lighten up!
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah mate, dont slag off the model/dancer who had to pretend to be interested in you at the end of your "singing" (if thats what that was...:rolleyes:)

Unless she was being paid to be on stage with you, she wouldnt look at you in a million years.

Yeah we could definitely see her talent in that performance :rolleyes:

Nicholas is very talented and he was clearly just joking around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not trying to defend him, cause I don't like the guy.
    But Wasn't it Sharon that slagged off the dancer? Hardly Nicholas' fault was it?
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, are we already at the stage of claiming someone is arrogant because they show a bit of cheekiness? Good luck with that.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Oh, are we already at the stage of claiming someone is arrogant because they show a bit of cheekiness? Good luck with that.

A fairly desperate attempt from the OP to be honest :eek:
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »
    I'm not trying to defend him, cause I don't like the guy.
    But Wasn't it Sharon that slagged off the dancer? Hardly Nicholas' fault was it?

Never let the facts get in the way of an excuse for a cheap dig aimed at a young guy enjoying himself
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If he is your mate why are you slagging him off.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What did Nicholas say?
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is very mediocre and don't get the hype with him at all. Just because people find him cute doesn't mean he is great. Yes I do think he will be in the final and actually win it BUT he'll go in the same way as Leon Jackson
  • FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    What did Nicholas say?

During Nicholas's song there was a slow approaching blonde female dancer.

Dermot asked him about her and Nicholas said he should have put his arm up to stop her because he likes Nicole but that would have been rude.

On Xtra Factor he did say how beautiful "Jess" was but he agreed her approach looked strange.
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called having a sense of humour. He did nothing wrong. And he can sing.
  • babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This :D
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I think he is very mediocre and don't get the hype with him at all. Just because people find him cute doesn't mean he is great. Yes I do think he will be in the final and actually win it BUT he'll go in the same way as Leon Jackson

Well I guess it depends on what you respond to in a singer.

If you like showboating and riffing then you're going to like a Tamera, a Hannah, or a Sam B.

If you like the current vogue for slightly insipid, whispy female vocalists (such as on every other advert on tv at the moment) you're going to like Abi.

If you like to pretend you're credible while watching the X Factor you might go for Rough Copy.

The reason I rate Nicholas is down to the tone in his voice and his ability to convey emotion. He clearly loves singing because you can see him feeling every note and it's given me goosebumps on more than one occasion.

That's a big differentiator for me - for most of the other contestants, with the exception of Hannah and possibly Sam B, come across as if singing is a means to an end rather than the primary motivator.