Options

Really Pleased With Mick's reaction

MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was really surprised with Mick's reaction, and I'm so pleased with it, its really boosted up his appeal as a character for me, definitely shot to the top. Really moving scene between the 2 of them.

Comments

• Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a surprisingly touching scene.. Well acted and well handled.. Definatly boosts the caracters appeal..
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very moving and brings home how sensitive young guys are.
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it was brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was worried when I found out about him coming into it, I heard that Dannny Dyer wasn't all that nice, and then he started coming off really cocky that he was going to save EE. But its true, him and the family have saved it. Absolute corker of an episode and brilliant coming out seen.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant, made me cry, i'd do anything to have a parent like that.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the urge to cry but didnt!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mick was amazing with Johnny there. Danny and Sam played it so well.
  • Options
    GoodLuckCharmGoodLuckCharm Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    That was a lovely scene...truly warming
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it. I'm so glad Mick was understanding and quick to correct Johnny's misconception about it. I'm also really glad that Johnny told Mick the truth.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great scene and well acted by Danny and Sam.

I hope many Father's out there with gay children take a look at this scene.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More scenes like that in popular soaps and the barriers will start to be broken down - emotional and so moving. well done to both actors!!
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda made the scene though. Her reaction was spot on. She thought she knew her son but she didnt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I especially liked the part when he corrected him. When he said its wrong to be gay and not natural, and how Mick told him that wasn't right, and then started to highlight the good things about Johnny as a person.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene made the episode.

It was really emotional and like I said in another thread, it was nice to see a parent understanding.

I liked that it ended with a touch of humour. (The Nancy comment).

The family are so natural and work so well together.

Watch this space!
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    I was really surprised with Mick's reaction, and I'm so pleased with it, its really boosted up his appeal as a character for me, definitely shot to the top. Really moving scene between the 2 of them.

Agree with that, refreshing to see a father be understanding (unlike Phil) of his son's sexual preferences regardless of what they are. I really like Mick for this, and what is more refreshing is that Mick seems to be very much a man's man, not like say Ian Beale who i would usually expect this level of understanding from, so not the typical reaction i would normally expect from a guy like Mick so that's really nice to see. Great decision DTC - once again he got it right.

As for Johnny i really felt for him then, i don't agree with him either, a person is a person regardless of sexual preferences, race etc, there is nothing wrong with being whoever you are and being proud of that. Really felt for him tonight, i feel like that is something he has needed to get out in the open for a while

Really emotional, but well done scene at the end with those two characters tonight, what a fantastic dad he seems to his son
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I especially liked the part when he corrected him. When he said its wrong to be gay and not natural, and how Mick told him that wasn't right, and then started to highlight the good things about Johnny as a person.

Well yeah when Mick was saying to him "it's part of who the person is" or something along those lines;

and not that Johnny should be ashamed or anything no matter how hard a parent might find it to be.

It was a very refreshing and poignant attitude from a father's perspective to their son's sexuality and coming-out as gay.
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent scene and I say that as a corrie fan :D.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I hope Linda's tears are from the sadness of her son feeling like he had to hide himself from his parents instead of having the fear of him being gay confirmed. :(
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its nice to see a positive reaction for once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its one of the best scenes I've seen in the show. Definitely one to remember
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its one of the best scenes I've seen in the show. Definitely one to remember

Yeh, for me it's up there with Max breaking down and telling Tanya about Jim locking him in a coffin - I still remember that scene 6 or so years later!