Options

World Cup Trailer

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    So many explosions and amazing lines already. This could be a series I love to bits.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here! :)

Looks good :cool:
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The CG Tyrannosaurus actually looks pretty good (aside from its arms being too long). Far far better than the sleeping T-Rex model from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (which was actually worse than the stop motion dinosaurs in Invasion of the Dinosaurs, IMO)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What does the Dalek say?

Life returns.... life prevails?
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oohhh yes.

I shall return after the footie and watching the expletive deleted out of the trailer. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The doctor over 2000 years old? Have I missed something?

He spend about a thousand years on Trenzalore in Time of the Doctor for some reason.
  • Options
    Don't BlinkDon't Blink Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    What does the Dalek say?

Life returns.... life prevails?

that's what I heard like
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat. Writing for Capaldi. Talk about an open goal. But that trailer! Oh. My. Gosh.

'into darkness'

About time to.

This could be the best one yet. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y&feature=youtu.be

Official trailer from the BBC's Youtube channel.
    My advice is to not look at the comments. I decided to read them and within 10 seconds, I came across an annoying spoiler from someone who has read the leaked scripts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strange thing for a Dalek to say considering they are mutants in a gold case.
  • Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That.was.brilliant. 23rd August cannot come quickly enough!
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was 300 years on trenzalore. Must pay more attention.
  • Options
    John_Smith62John_Smith62 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    He spend about a thousand years on Trenzalore in Time of the Doctor for some reason.

He spent around 900 years there.

We have to bear in mind that 400 years passed between "Rose" and "The Day of The Doctor" from the Doctor's perspective, so he could have already been 1300 or so before his stay on Trenzalore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We have to bear in mind that 400 years passed between "Rose" and "The Day of The Doctor" from the Doctor's perspective, so he could have already been 1300 or so before his stay on Trenzalore.

We don't actually know how long he spent on Trenzalore. I just rounded it up to ~1000
  • Options
    Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I had a feeling that there'd be a full trailer during halftime, but I never imagined that we'd actually get it...

Fantastic :)
  • Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was 300 years on trenzalore. Must pay more attention.

We don't actually know how long he spent on Trenzalore. I just rounded it up to ~1000

And we thought his age was confusing before. :o:o

200 or so years around the 'Impossible Astronaut' time
    600-1000 years on Trenzalore
    600 (or 700 I forget) years stranded on Orbis in the Big Finish plays (they've acknowledged the BF companions in Night of the Doctor so I guess it's a valid timeline now)
    900 or so years previously quoted age.

That puts him anywhere around 2500+. Now, admittedly that's more than 2000 years but I think we have to accept these days that even he doesn't know :D:D:D

Good trailer though. Loved the acknowledgement that he's not 900 any more. Really hoping the series has the darker feel to it that the trailer engendered. Liked the "I've made many mistakes, now it's time I did something about that" line.

Looking forward to this. Only 6 weeks to go.