wanting sky bb back but other company changed line at exchange

Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
Forum Member
Back in may I took on sky broadband and after a month my then partner tryed changing to another company whilst I was still in contract, the other company sent out an engineer and they changed it over at the exchange so that I now have another number, I recieved a letter saying that I can cancel my contract for a fee, but I want to go back to them.

I want to pay off my outstanding bill on wednesday, but do to whats mentioned above am I right in thinking that I wouldn't recieve broadband and that they would have to send an engineer out to the exchange to sort it out? If so would there be a cost involved?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly did you sign up to? If indeed you signed up to anything.And in whose name is the Sky line rental? If it is in your name only and you did not agree to being moved to a new provider then you might have some comeback.

Depending on what exactly took place you might have fallen victim to what is known as slamming. See this...

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/slamming_what_to_do
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did your ex partner take out the contract with the non-Sky provider under your name? If they have taken out a credit agreement under your name that is fraud.

If it is under their name they would be responsible for all charges.