Glossybox and others

Comments

• loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    zippykins wrote: »
    Collection, as in Collection 2000? Hardly premium! Or is it a different brand?

Yep, that's the one. I was a bit :confused: but I have to say I'm impressed with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wasnt impressed with mine this month, i got a shower gel that smells like it should be for men! TWO perfume samples, facemask, ANOTHER bottle of hair oil! and horrendous massive silver glittery fake eyelashes! :eek:

the perfume samples smell ok but at £65 a bottle i wont repurchase! i'll give the shower gel to my other half and i need to find a drag queen to give the eyelashes to! :D
  • chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    sinead6uk wrote: »
    i wasnt impressed with mine this month, i got a shower gel that smells like it should be for men! TWO perfume samples, facemask, ANOTHER bottle of hair oil! and horrendous massive silver glittery fake eyelashes! :eek:

the perfume samples smell ok but at £65 a bottle i wont repurchase! i'll give the shower gel to my other half and i need to find a drag queen to give the eyelashes to! :D

Haha , If you want to swap the hair oil for any of mine let me know LOL.
  • saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not impressed this month..
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also not that impressed with my Glossybox this month. However, after looking at their Facebook page, I don't think I got the worst box. Some people got yellow eyeliner from Collection 2000, others got HD Brows sets (I didn't get either). There is a huge disparity in the boxes people are getting, it just doesn't seem fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you! Everyone on the forum I frequent was raving about the scent but it smells like Lynx to me!
    I am also not that impressed with my Glossybox this month. However, after looking at their Facebook page, I don't think I got the worst box. Some people got yellow eyeliner from Collection 2000, others got HD Brows sets (I didn't get either). There is a huge disparity in the boxes people are getting, it just doesn't seem fair.

That is very unfair. I was a recipient of the worst box in that respect. There was a Becca item for £20 in the box OR a bottle of liquid soap £2..... I very nearly unsubbed over that.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, I was thinking of signing up for glossybox, but the reviews haven't inspired me, only my friend seems to like them.

Is there any others around the same price range that you would recommend?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She Said Beauty seems like a really good one to go for these days. I can't personally recommend this company as I have never had a box from them, but I have seen reviews online and they seem to have happy customers! My sister subscribes to this company and she is really pleased. They charge £11.95 including P&P, so they are slightly cheaper than other companies out there. I am thinking of unsubbing from Glossybox and going with this company.

Apart from Glossybox, the only other box I subscribe to is Joliebox. I prefer Joliebox to Glossybox, they are much more consistent and they seem to give everyone the same more or less.

Feel Unique used to do a really good box, but they stopped it :(
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The SSD box looks to be the best, will need to wait a few month until my hols are paid, but i think I will sign up to that one.
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Hmm not massively impressed on first glance at this month's box. I got:

Blusher brush, HD Brows tweezers, Caudalie perfume (pink tube), tiny powder bronzer and small samples of dermablend concealer.

What did you all get?
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    DoohDah wrote: »

Blusher brush, HD Brows tweezers, Caudalie perfume (pink tube), tiny powder bronzer and small samples of dermablend concealer.

What did you all get?

I got the same except instead of the Caudalie perfume I got a Paul Mitchell leave-in conditioner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What did you all get?

I got the same as you! the perfume i've got smells like air freshner! not impressed with any of it this month. One more box and then i'm going to cancel i think. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What did you all get?

I got the same, can't remember what Caudalie perfume I got though. I thought the box looked really sparse this month.

Really don't know what I think about getting a brush and tweezers, I'd rather more beauty products to try out.

I've cancelled my Glossybox now and I'm going to try out She Said Beauty instead.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    She Said Beauty seems like a really good one to go for these days. I can't personally recommend this company as I have never had a box from them, but I have seen reviews online and they seem to have happy customers! My sister subscribes to this company and she is really pleased. They charge £11.95 including P&P, so they are slightly cheaper than other companies out there. I am thinking of unsubbing from Glossybox and going with this company.

Apart from Glossybox, the only other box I subscribe to is Joliebox. I prefer Joliebox to Glossybox, they are much more consistent and they seem to give everyone the same more or less.

Feel Unique used to do a really good box, but they stopped it :(

I think this box gave the best value and the boxes were exactly the same. I'm gutted that they stopped....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubbish again this month - i have unsubscribed.

i really dont need a make up brush with glossy box written on it!!!
    Forum Member
    I got the same as you! the perfume i've got smells like air freshner! not impressed with any of it this month. One more box and then i'm going to cancel i think. :(

Eww I know, it's horrible. My perfume smells like something a nan would wear.

The blusher brush is one of the worst items I've received from GB too.

LabelsandLove, the box really did look sparse this month. Such a disappointment to open.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you pay £10+ a month for a bunch of samples of products you don't use? Or is there more to it than that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eww I know, it's horrible. My perfume smells like something a nan would wear.

The blusher brush is one of the worst items I've received from GB too.

LabelsandLove, the box really did look sparse this month. Such a disappointment to open.

the blusher brush did it for me...

bye bye glossy box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, I was thinking of signing up for glossybox, but the reviews haven't inspired me, only my friend seems to like them.

Is there any others around the same price range that you would recommend?

SheSaidBeauty and Joliebox are both good, but keep an eye out for discount vouchers. I got 60% off a 6 month SSB subscription recently. That's expired now, but there are bound to be more deals.

What did you all get?

Believe it or not, you got the 'star' box this month! The tweezers are worth about £20 apparently. Once again I got the crap box - bronzer, Dermablend, brush, 3 samples of Agent Provocateur perfumes that I already own and a small mascara from Yves Rocher.
    So you pay £10+ a month for a bunch of samples of products you don't use? Or is there more to it than that? :confused:

That's it:D The annoying thing is that once in a while you get something really nice. The first Glossybox had a full-size Illamasqua product in it, but they've gone so far downhill now. I'm locked into a 12 month subscription though. That's why they give me the crap box I think, because I'm trapped and can't unsub yet!
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Believe it or not, you got the 'star' box this month! The tweezers are worth about £20 apparently.

No way! I had been meaning to check out some blogs and see what was in the better boxes.

GB really does seem to be hit and miss at the moment. If next month's is crap then I may cancel my subscription too.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow the blog http://www.supergorgeous.co.uk/ and the blogger, Alice always does really thorough reviews of her beauty boxes (she gets a few) and this month's glossybox was the final straw for her apparently. She's unsubscribing.
  • chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I unsubscribed to GlossyBox this month, its been a total joke this year. Besides their Xmas box, wveything else I have not been impressed.

I however joined SheSaid, all their past boxes have looked amazing. They also are doing great deals - boxes from £9 a month, so well worth it.

Usually I am a fan of Joliebox however, I still have not recieved my June box, and my May box was late. So if it does nto come next week (Despite an email sayign it has been dispatched last thursday!) I may unsub. Has anyone received it yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't received my Joliebox yet. I have been told that they have posted a message on their Facebook page saying that they are having problems with third party delivery companies and people should start receiving their boxes either tomorrow or Monday. A bit annoyed about this as I am not a member of Facebook and no email has been sent out. Joliebox are usually so good with delivery and customer service.

I haven't signed up to SheSaid yet, I think I might give these boxes a miss for the next few months, they aren't as good as they used to be and I don't think I've re-purchased anything I have sampled. I'm also accumulating vast amounts of shower gel, moisturisers and eye liners - time to give it a rest I think!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't received my Joliebox yet. I have been told that they have posted a message on their Facebook page saying that they are having problems with third party delivery companies and people should start receiving their boxes either tomorrow or Monday. A bit annoyed about this as I am not a member of Facebook and no email has been sent out. Joliebox are usually so good with delivery and customer service.

I haven't signed up to SheSaid yet, I think I might give these boxes a miss for the next few months, they aren't as good as they used to be and I don't think I've re-purchased anything I have sampled. I'm also accumulating vast amounts of shower gel, moisturisers and eye liners - time to give it a rest I think!

That's what I'm thinking too! But I have a 6 month sub to GB, and a 6 month sub to SSB so the only one that can go is Joliebox. I'm annoyed that they told everyone they'd have their boxes by Friday, then on Friday they say we'll definitely have them by next week. Great way to celebrate their first birthday!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    I think the novelty has passed now, for me certainly. I'll try once more during July and then I will unsub.