Options

Emmerdale - why do people dislike Megan?

DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like her so just wondering what people's problem is with her?

Comments

• Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    She came onto the show with a huge chip on her shoulder, is quite opinionated, and wan mean to my sweet Katie. ;)

I am starting to warm upto her, after she has toned down her attitude with Katie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok but I dislike Katie sorry I don't think she's sweet at all. If any one has a chip on their shoulder it's here she annoys me so much. Tonight kind of proved that when she had to be asked to leave the room so that megan and her son could be left alone.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is nothing but a turd. Remember when she brought up her son as a way to win a argument with Declan, and then proceeded to never shut up about wanting people to shut up about it. yet she is the one who raked it up.

She is just a piece of work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That every scene she is drinking alcohol, sorry if that sounds stupid but it just bugs me :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really her face belongs on a horse what hell. I think she was raped and that's the issue she has with her son. Nd maybe at the time Declan wasn't supportive which is why he is so protective of her now. I don't know but I think there's an underlying reason that she acts the way she does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    She is just a piece of work.

That's why I love her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it very hard to like her.

She's smug, controlling, rude, opinionated ............................................ hang on a minute ........ she's me!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I love her character :)
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Megan's initial contempt for Katie was her best quality..a shame that that has been toned down:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike Katie she annoys the hell out of me!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    We're beginning to see a more human side to her and so I am softening to her as she is softening on screen.
  • Options
    ScottHarrisScottHarris Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate her voice , it does my head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I hate her voice , it does my head.

This is annoying. She pronounces some words really posh (like she's putting it on) and the rest are normal West Yorkshire... but maybe it's just how her accent has merged with others.

I love her character. People always warm to characters more when they show an emotional, weaker side (ala Amy)... she's still got great potential. Better than Natasha or Faye ever were.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I thought she was rude and quite hard faced at first, but I'm beginning to like her a little now. Interested to see what the deal is with Robbie's father.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    She has issues, we all have issues of some kind. Good to see Gaynor Faye back on our screens, I hope she stays.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A horse is a horse of course of course..............:p
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    DrPepper wrote: »
    Ok but I dislike Katie sorry I don't think she's sweet at all. If any one has a chip on their shoulder it's here she annoys me so much. Tonight kind of proved that when she had to be asked to leave the room so that megan and her son could be left alone.

Well, I guess you like Megan then, I take Katie any day of the week over her. Megan has been rude to Katie from the start for no reason at all, other than some sort of immature ongoing battle with Declan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I do lol. I find Katie annoying and immature so that's my issue with her.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Firstly, I do not see the point of her character and secondly, I don't think the actress was a good casting. I find the whole storyline with the kid so yawn worthy as well - seen it before time and time and time again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, I do not see the point of her character and secondly, I don't think the actress was a good casting. I find the whole storyline with the kid so yawn worthy as well - seen it before time and time and time again.

Absolutely spot on.

I'll be filling my glass when this is on too!! :);)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely spot on.

I'll be filling my glass when this is on too!! :);)

Lol, like you need an excuse, Q! :D:D:D

(Not that I can talk - my bottle of Merlot is already open and 'breathing' in readiness). :o
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People dislike Megan, because they dislike every new character that enters the village.

I'm waiting for the vendetta to start against Robbie next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the village needed a feisty bitchy new character.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DrPepper wrote: »
    I think the village needed a feisty bitchy new character.

Another one?!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Lol, like you need an excuse, Q! :D:D:D

(Not that I can talk - my bottle of Merlot is already open and 'breathing' in readiness). :o

That bottle of Merlot sounds very nice OJ .... Mmmm.

The missus gets upset when we have a nice bottle of wine, on account of my insistence on having pint chasers!

I'm a 'philistine' apparently. :)