Team GB are rubbish - 0 golds!!!

Comments

• tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    We've won back the Gold that Gordon Brown gave away
    We Paid for them, and they are made of Silver not gold!
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    OP loking like a prize chump now.:D
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    China already has 9 golds and the host country has zero. We can only barely manage a bronze. Team GB should be ashamed of thermselves!:mad:
    You sure know your stuff.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would the OP kindly give their opinion on our current medal tally....:D
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of my favourite ever threads on DS. It is such an EPIC fail, i do not know where to start :D. This thread must stay bumped indefinitely as a reminder that knee jerk reactions make you look very silly :D.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Heads must roll for this SHAMBLES! :mad:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone should contact our brainy OP to find out their opinion on the current state of affairs.

Maybe we should all follow the OP around en-mass until we have an answer. ;):eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame Seb Coe :)
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laugh a little more every time I see this thread in the list now
  • Sabre92Sabre92 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To make this thread look even more stupid, here's a comparison to where we were after day 8 in Beijing.

Beijing - 7 gold, 3 silver, 7 bronze
    London - 14 gold, 7 silver, 8 bronze
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth; they're still around and posting...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=60125330&postcount=2
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happens from now on its been an amazing games, I cant see any of the other countries behind passing us in the medal table now - suprised at Russia and Australia in particular, they've really been off the pace as far as golds are concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the BBC and their wobbles of 'oh we haven't won a gold medal yet' look a bit pathetic really now doesn't it :rolleyes:
  • hotmat3khotmat3k Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the BBC and their wobbles of 'oh we haven't won a gold medal yet' look a bit pathetic really now doesn't it :rolleyes:
    Was just a little bit of impatience as we did have some hope with Cavendish right at the start. But they're coming along nicely everyday now. Hardly pathetic but expectation was really high and anyone having finals early had a lot of pressure. No surprise there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    Was just a little bit of impatience as we did have some hope with Cavendish right at the start. But they're coming along nicely everyday now. Hardly pathetic but expectation was really high and anyone having finals early had a lot of pressure. No surprise there.

Yes but our best events in this were in the second week so it was always going to be a slow start medal wise, the BBC are suppsoedly journalists so they could have googled this fact like I did :confused:
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get yourself back on this thread you daft opener, and face the music, you silly silly person. I hope you are not always this foolishly premature in life! Who's the loser now?
  • Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Get yourself back on this thread you daft opener, and face the music, you silly silly person. I hope you are not always this foolishly premature in life! Who's the loser now?

It's almost a shame the OP's father wasn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP should have Kept Calm and Carried On....
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a difference 5 days makes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    What a difference 5 days makes :D

Well they've said for decades that a week is a long time in politics. I'd say the same can be applied to sport now too.
  • VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im just glad I never over reacted and knew that it was only a matter of time before we won a stack of golds. :p
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Hey don't forget this joker:
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    We're still behind Kazakhstan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazakhstan, to the old Soviet Union what Buckinghamshire is to the current United Kingdom! :p

And Bucks has it's very own place on the medal table with the long jump gold now. :)
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost a shame the OP's father wasn't.

:eek::):)
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    China already has 9 golds and the host country has zero. We can only barely manage a bronze. Team GB should be ashamed of thermselves!:mad:
    This basically tells me that the UK has virtually no home ground advantage at all, which is disturbing.
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    On a serious note what will "Team GB's" excuse be when we end up with just 1 Gold and end up way down the bottom of the Medals table, even behind Borat Country? not trolling just asking a serious question.

Olympic Failure Excuse Bingo ago-go :p
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says, it is a little disappointing not to be exceeding our performance at Beijing, considering we are hosting, we knew we were hosting, and have therefore been pouring investment into competitors.
    Is there any chance Team GB could fail to win a single gold medal at our own Olympics?

How embarrasing that would be.:o

Fools Gold!