Future replacements for Brucie and Tess

welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
Forum Member
Any ideas?
I would like Anton and Natasha Kaplinsky.
What say you.

Comments

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graham Norton to take Bruce Forsyth's role. I think Claudia would work well off him.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dale Winton and Lorraine Kelly
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Graham Norton to take Bruce Forsyth's role. I think Claudia would work well off him.

Claudia doesn't work with Bruce! She works on the results show when Bruce is having a lie down!:D
  • Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't replace Tess, she is good at presenting SCD - but Bruce needs to be replaced - preferably by Anton du Beke : Tess and Anton would make a good team
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Anton because at least he represents the purpose of the show in the same way that Bruce represents the era when ballroom dancing was an integral part of socializing.

John Barrowman would have to be the worst choice - overly camp, in your face and over bearing. I can't see Tess going anywhere and she may work better with someone not doddery.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Anton because at least he represents the purpose of the show in the same way that Bruce represents the era when ballroom dancing was an integral part of socializing.

John Barrowman would have to be the worst choice - overly camp, in your face and over bearing. I can't see Tess going anywhere and she may work better with someone not doddery.

I'm for Anton too, when Sir Bruce decides to retire.
  • SpotcatSpotcat Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I think Graham Norton and Claudia.

If we were going for a like for like replacement, then Anton and a piece of polystyrene.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas?
    I would like Anton and Natasha Kaplinsky.
    What say you.

That would be my worst nightmare, she is a great news presenter, but that is it in my opinion.

I love the idea of Graham Norton and Claudia.:)
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I would say this but Terry Wogan, he did the Come Dancing thing, he is diplomatic, can help peeps with their nerves and can actually step up to the plate if the Judges are a bit harsh and out of order (or the Pro Dancers in fact, which is what Bruce lacks in.

He is a good allrounder and stern professional

Tess, she is hopeless, just a wooden top, I would like Claudia or Zoe Ball
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham Norton no way! he says "Erm" way too often he is awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I never thought I would say this but Terry Wogan, he did the Come Dancing thing, he is diplomatic, can help peeps with their nerves and can actually step up to the plate if the Judges are a bit harsh and out of order (or the Pro Dancers in fact, which is what Bruce lacks in.

Wogan might be a good solid choice.

Being able to read an autocue and tell jokes are other things that Bruce lacks in.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Craham Norton and Zoe Ball, I wouldn't let Claudia present dinner to my dog...:p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess i great, leave her alone. I would actually keep Bruce (for the time being) but reduce his airtime, and definitely update his jokes. He interacts well with Len and the other judges.

Replacing him is easier sad than done. What has Wogan got to do with Dancing, the guy is about 10 stone overweight ???
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seymour wrote: »
    Craham Norton and Zoe Ball, I wouldn't let Claudia present dinner to my dog...:p.

Only after Sir Bruce decides to retire though.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Claudia, please. I've had enough of the owl blinking in the headlights look
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You'd move the whole show to Scotland then, would you? It is a well known fact that La Kelly must be with Rosie at the weekends, her being eighteen and that.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aaargh, Noooooooooooooooo:eek:
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Brucie and cant think of anyone to replace him. But, Zoe Ball, yes good replacement for Tess.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe no one's mentioned Paul O'Grady!:eek:

I would partner him with Lisa Tarbuck.

(PS: If ANYONE so much as mentions the monstrosity that is Keith Lemon anywhere near this thread, I swear, I'll swing for 'em!!!)
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would cut out Brucie scripted jokes. He is actually ok & interacts really well with judges & has a quick wit. Unscripted it is Brucie of old & can be quite funny. Compare him with the judges with Holly/Christine on DOI. That segment is always so stale on DOI. The comedy comes from the interaction between judges/Brucie & gives a light-hearted feel to the show. If judges get a bit too vicious he is able to defuse it well & is 'on the side' of the dancer. On DOI if Jason (in particular) said something outrageous it was left hanging in the air. On strictly if (say) Craig does it Brucie quips back or tells dancer to ignore it in a light-hearted way. It all sounds so easy but it isn't. That is why you need someone who can use humour in the same way to replace Brucie. Has Anton the experience to do it - not sure he has! Graham is the obvious choice but can you imagine him & Tess standing side by side :D