What do you think of women who have children to different fathers?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In this case I know of a young woman who is pregnant ATM, with her third child and all the children have different fathers, someone in their twenties already having 3 children with 3 differnet fathers, would you say it was careless or extremely selfish? I feel sorry for the kids.

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i would say that it`s not my business.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a girl who is 26 and has 6 kids to different fathers. I'd say it was both careless and selfish.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not something I could be arsed to do (dealing with one man and two kids is quite enough thank you) but it's none of my business what other women choose to do.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of a girl who is 26 and has 6 kids to different fathers. I'd say it was both careless and selfish.

bit of a **** too lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why pick on the women? aren't men who have kids with lots of different women the same surely?
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I know someone who has 3 children by 2 different fathers. She is probably the best mum i know, a fantastic giving person who is always there for others, and all her kids are well adjusted and doing well. (ages 15 - 24 now)
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the children by different fathers thing is the wrong thing to focus on. I thing the negative factor is the complete disregard for any planning and child welfare that some families seem to have (and yes, the fathers are just as responsible, no need to slag off mums purely).

I'm part of my mum's second brood, but my dad was the best thing that could have happened to my half-siblings given how awful their father was (in short: physically abusive to them and my mother, adulterous and alcoholic). My mum made him propose twice and rejected him the first time because they hadn't been together long enough to justify her letting him becomng 'Dad' to her first children.

There are plenty of ways feckless parents mess up their childrens lives - having too many, not giving them good learning experiences, and yes, 'dad-hopping' is one of them, but plenty screw up their children without it.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    In this case I know of a young woman who is pregnant ATM, with her third child and all the children have different fathers, someone in their twenties already having 3 children with 3 differnet fathers, would you say it was careless or extremely selfish? I feel sorry for the kids.

It is neither, you cannot plan your life in advance and there is not a set line that any two lives follow. I have 3 children by 3 different men, I also lost 2 babies and if I would have had them it would have been 5 children by 4 men, so what? you cant force men to stay , you shouldnt put up with abuse, you cannot know what life has in store for you, but what you can do is deal with life when these things are thrown at you.

I look back at my life so far and do not regret a minute of it,least of all ,having my children.

It is none of our business who has how many children and by whom.
    Forum Member
    bit of a **** too lol

That is a very ignorant view to take of someone elses life.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would say that it`s not my business.

This.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't judge everyone in the same way as there are many different circumstances.

My friend fell pregnant at 30 by a guy she'd been with for 3 years. he told her he didn't want to be a dad, packed his bags and left that night. She's never seen him since. She got with her now husband when her son was 4 months old. That was 7 years ago and they've now just had a daughter.

So how could you judge her for having different fathers for her two children?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they are supproting them and not relying on the state I could not give a crap how many kids thay have to how many men.

People can have as many kids as they want, all that bothers me is whether they can afford them or not.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex's sister had 6 kids by 6 different dads and better still, every single one was conceived during a one night stand. One was a bloke who came to buy her mum's car. Another a bloke who came to fix something in the house. And so on. She can't have even known all their surnames.

I have kids to two different dads, so I wouldn't say anything but when someone has so many and every single one to a total stranger...,. that has to be dysfunctional. So far as I know, she was not in a single relationship.

She has never worked since leaving school ( was a teenager with the first baby, I think) and so I am guessing she has the kids to keep the benefits flowing.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    That is a very ignorant view to take of someone elses life.

what 6 kids with 6 dads at 26, no wonder this counties standards have sunk so low with that attitude :rolleyes:
  • NaturalWorrierNaturalWorrier Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To have different dads to 2 children to me is ok, as everyone makes mistakes which is ok as long as you learn from them.However, if it were 3 different dads or more then I would begin to question if she has really thought through having kids properly.

Having kids means you are part of a life time relationship with the person you have kids with, even if you split up with them. Being in a happy, stable, committed relationship is the best environment to bring up a child, and so before you bring children into the world, you would have to be 100% sure that this is a happy relationship for life. Obviously people can make mistakes, but if the same mistake happens more than once and she is in a relationship that is not good for bringing children up time and time again and yet still has chidren, then I would have no respect for her.

Saying that, it really depends on the situation, as she may have been widowed twice, which would mean 3 different dads would be ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose Women
    Forum Member
    what 6 kids with 6 dads at 26, no wonder this counties standards have sunk so low with that attitude :rolleyes:

I think its your attitude that stinks, why is it the woman who always has to be called a ****? men are able to go through life and have children and dump them and women pick up the pieces,we should support these women, not call them petty names.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    A fallen woman.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. We should be able to call women who sleep with more than 1 man sluts all we like!
    Forum Member
    To have different dads to 2 children to me is ok, as everyone makes mistakes which is ok as long as you learn from them.However, if it were 3 different dads or more then I would begin to question if she has really thought through having kids properly.

Having kids means you are part of a life time relationship with the person you have kids with, even if you split up with them. Being in a happy, stable, committed relationship is the best environment to bring up a child, and so before you bring children into the world, you would have to be 100% sure that this is a happy relationship for life. Obviously people can make mistakes, but if the same mistake happens more than once and she is in a relationship that is not good for bringing children up time and time again and yet still has chidren, then I would have no respect for her.

Saying that, it really depends on the situation, as she may have been widowed twice, which would mean 3 different dads would be ok.

So now there is a criteria and if we dont meet it then we are to be frowned upon?? the first two men I had my children with ended up being gits, the first ended up in prison for a crime that no one could forgive, was I supposed to forget it? the second, he got cold feet and ran, should I have tied him up in the basement? the third, he is my husband and is father to all 3 of my children, if it wasnt for him my children would be fatherless so how can you put a 2 child limit on these things???
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the children are well cared for and they are supported by the parents then really people have to be allowed to make these choices. IMO it is making their lives unnecessarily hard but they are free do it to themselves if they wish.

Not something to aspire to though.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about circumstances. As others have said, a relationship can break up and you move on to another relationship and have more children.

Things happen in life and relationships break up. My parents split up and I have a half brother and a half sister, both much younger than me. My parents got together quite young, were not good for each other and have both moved on to other relationships where they're both much happier.

But that is completely different to just having kids by random blokes. But the example above of having 6 kids with men you're not even in a relationship with is shocking imo. And, before I get attacked, the men involved are just as bad.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think they had sex with different men.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's amusing but I don't see anything wrong with it. More than two and it's a bit of a pattern forming isn't it? you can't claim it was accidental.

As counterbalance, my cousin got two girls pregnant more or less in the same month and I told him he was a knobhead and moved on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    As long as they look after the kids and are responsible and supported by the parents.