James Arthur - Recovery Official new video

String9String9 Posts: 12,508
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh: while I don't like the guy, I enjoyed the song!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a really good song.

Three great singles from James :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I play this loud in my car. When the bass kicks in its awesome. Monster tune!
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    tbh: while I don't like the guy, I enjoyed the song!

That's the beauty of music I guess, glad you enjoyed the song.:)
    I play this loud in my car. When the bass kicks in its awesome. Monster tune!

My favourite bit as well.:)
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a plank.

But he's a great singer and I've liked all his songs so far so I'll continue to support him.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just irony that the single is called Recovery considering the fall from grace he's had recently ?

Cheese. Pure cheese.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    Is it just irony that the single is called Recovery considering the fall from grace he's had recently ?

Cheese. Pure cheese.

Considering the song was written before all the recent events happened, I don't get your point. The song is about his struggle with depression, and reading some of the comments on YouTube, it seems quite a lot of people can relate to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's not a bad song tbh, whilst his personality is pretty crap, he's a very decent musician.
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the song .He'll become more confident as his career grows .
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent vid!! brilliant song!! :D:cool:
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok this song is actually amazing!
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I love this Song and The Video is actually quite good as well.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really wanted roses as the next release but seeing the video has made this my new fave song along with new tattoo and roses
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    It looks like radio is giving this one a miss.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »

I wonder why? Bad record or have they backed off owing to his actions in his quest for media attention?
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any James fans know why his team have been so late in releasing the video? The song has been out three weeks and is down to 61 in today's chart.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    This is a really good song.

Three great singles from James :)

His music is great, it's just a shame he's such a git.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »

C listed on radio 1. They have frozen their playlist till the end of the hols, which is good I guess.
    AMS13 wrote: »
    I wonder why? Bad record or have they backed off owing to his actions in his quest for media attention?

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's play listed on radio 1. Keep watching the video though.:p
    Any James fans know why his team have been so late in releasing the video? The song has been out three weeks and is down to 61 in today's chart.

Syco strategy, I guess. It's meant to help the single move up or stay in the charts after a few weeks of release. The video was released Friday, do we will see how much impact it's had in the next chart run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James will be on Top of the Pops Christmas special singing Recovery.:)

He will be joining Vampire weekend, Tinie Tempah, 30 seconds to mars on radio 1 Christmas Day, revealing his personal playlist.:)
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    C listed on radio 1. They have frozen their playlist till the end of the hols, which is good I guess.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's play listed on radio 1. Keep watching the video though.:p

Syco strategy, I guess. It's meant to help the single move up or stay in the charts after a few weeks of release. The video was released Friday, do we will see how much impact it's had in the next chart run.

Why on earth would I want to?
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think he should have released 'Supposed' or ' Get Down' but maybe 'Get Down' would be a better Spring/Summer song
  • YorkshireLass7YorkshireLass7 Posts: 3,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »

That's a very high risk strategy considering the single's chart run: 19 (after a highly publicised X Factor performance) - 38 - 61
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a very high risk strategy considering the single's chart run: 19 (after a highly publicised X Factor performance) - 38 - 61

He's got a few performances lined up over the holidays, should help.:) also seems to be keeping the album in the top 40, which is more of a priority, I believe.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great song but wasted on James (it was written by the same people who wrote Impossible, which is why it's half decent). Bad move on giving it to him IMO when a better artist could have had a massive hit with it.
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same old ear shattering rubbish that seems to be the norm amongst x factor contestants, why is every song a scream fest?