If Hayley and Dan do Jai Ho, they will win.

Comments

• IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Hayley couldn't begin to tackle Riverdance :o
    The whole idea is laughable.
    She's done so many routines with 'armography' now that Jai Ho will (I think) lose it's impact. She's probably expecting everyone to be blown away again...and for the judges to say they've waited all the series to see it. (Maybe Jason will?).
    Agree - it was perhaps innovative for it's time - but very tame compared to many more recent routines.
    I think Beth would struggle with Rock Around The Clock too - do we ever see her do toe pick dancing?
    I don't think Rock Around The Clock is Beth's dance though I think she could toe pick dance if required. Fact is she doesn't have to because she can do so much more. Hayley does it because she can't do anything else.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »

In fact thinking about it, it would have be a great idea if for one of the weeks of the show that the contestants could have created a dance for themselves from one of their competitors previous performances. E.g Ray and Maria to skate to the music of Jai Ho, Hayley and Dan to skate to Riverdance, Beth and Lukasz to skate to Rock around the Clock, etc, etc. Would have been interesting to see what they would have done with each others songs.

Ignazio wrote: »

I don't think Rock Around The Clock is Beth's dance though I think she could toe pick dance if required. Fact is she doesn't have to because she can do so much more. Hayley does it because she can't do anything else.

I only mentioned Beth doing Rock Around The Clock because the poster above suggested they do each others routines - I'm not saying they should actually do it ;-):D
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the most memorable routine ever.

Going to be so tense!

Well I hope they dont do it... Hayley is a lot heavier now and is no where near as nimble as she was.. I think it will be a big mistake to try to emulate what they had before with that routine... unless she can shift a few stone pretty quickly !

Unfortunately the extra weight really does show in her routines as all the lifts and her skating is quite laboured and slow to be honest... they just need to get the right routine that suits them...
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I am not sure, depends what happens on night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just posted on another thread that in an ITV clip recorded today during rehearsals Ray is talking about tomorrow and is wearing his Flamenco costume which suggests that is what he and Maria will be skating as their favourite routine!
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Amytigger wrote: »
    I have just posted on another thread that in an ITV clip recorded today during rehearsals Ray is talking about tomorrow and is wearing his Flamenco costume which suggests that is what he and Maria will be skating as their favourite routine!

Depends if people think he looks like a matador...the judges were impressed - I didn't think he was that imposing, Its pretty much a manufactured routine with an obvious character and style flowing from the music - which may mean it works, or people will think its a bit simple compared to a proper story with emotional content.? Jai Ho is a much better routine than that. He may add some tricks though? Beth with some bigger tricks could look impressive against either. I doubt if the judges would say so though.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if people think he looks like a matador...the judges were impressed - I didn't think he was that imposing, Its pretty much a manufactured routine with an obvious character and style flowing from the music - which may mean it works, or people will think its a bit simple compared to a proper story with emotional content.? Jai Ho is a much better routine than that. He may add some tricks though? Beth with some bigger tricks could look impressive against either. I doubt if the judges would say so though.

'A manufactured routine with an obvious character and style flowing from the
    music' perfectly describes Jai Ho too ;-)

I don't know how Ray's Flamenco can be described as simple and Jai Ho not :confused:

There's hardly any skating in Jai Ho.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed she wins today after she performs jai ho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just to reiterate what I have posted before! Ray is NOT supposed to be a matador! The Flamenco has NOTHING to do with bullfighting! It is a Spanish gypsy dance from Andalusia in Southern Spain danced to acoustic guitar music! People may get it confused with a Paso Doble which IS the depiction of a bullfight but other than the fact they are both Spanish they are totally different! So I am pleased you didn't think he looked a bullfighter as he was t supposed to be!!!!

Interesting you think it is a "manufactured" routine and Jai Ho isn't. Rays Flamenco contains all the elements of a genuine Flamenco and is authentic, certainly not manufactured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth and Lucasz are skating to their Scottish routine so it looks quite international with Scottish, Indian and Spanish flavoured favourite routines!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so sick of bloody Jai Ho and she hasnt even skated it yet!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to reiterate what I have posted before! Ray is NOT supposed to be a matador! The Flamenco has NOTHING to do with bullfighting! It is a Spanish gypsy dance from Andalusia in Southern Spain danced to acoustic guitar music! People may get it confused with a Paso Doble which IS the depiction of a bullfight but other than the fact they are both Spanish they are totally different! So I am pleased you didn't think he looked a bullfighter as he was t supposed to be!!!!

Interesting you think it is a "manufactured" routine and Jai Ho isn't. Rays Flamenco contains all the elements of a genuine Flamenco and is authentic, certainly not manufactured.

well said Amytigger - I was just about to post the same thing!
  • cararosecararose Posts: 104
    Forum Member

Well put for pointing that out :)
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    'A manufactured routine with an obvious character and style flowing from the
    music' perfectly describes Jai Ho too ;-)

I don't know how Ray's Flamenco can be described as simple and Jai Ho not :confused:

There's hardly any skating in Jai Ho.

Now Patti Ann, stop being pedantic. :D
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that Jai Ho stands out because it was the only 'stand-out' routine Hayley ever did? ;-)
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I was underwhelmed by Jai Ho first time around but I guess it played to Hayley's 'strengths' which of course don't involve much skating. I thought Hayley might have tried to improve her technical skills for All Stars but I guess she felt she didn't need to bother. Nothing Hayley does impresses me much tbh - I even find her much lauded performance skills 'hammy'.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I found Music laughable when Suzanne did it this series. There was nothing special about it, and Suzanne was struggling all the way through. So the tricks and lifts are irrelevant - it just looked distinctly average and the 'wow' factor was non-existant.
    To be fair, we couldn't actually see Music properly this series because the camera angles were all wrong. Watch it when they did it in Suzanne's first series and you'll see the camera angles were properly planned to showcase the routine to its best advantage.

Hayley did very little actual skating in any of her routines. I remember Nicky Slater blasting Suzanne when she didn't have as much skating content as he would have liked and that was in one routine only. I don't think Hayley ever had much skating content in her routines. Jai Ho, in particular, was all armography and toe picks and very little steps.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    To be fair, we couldn't actually see Music properly this series because the camera angles were all wrong. Watch it when they did it in Suzanne's first series and you'll see the camera angles were properly planned to showcase the routine to its best advantage.

Hayley did very little actual skating in any of her routines. I remember Nicky Slater blasting Suzanne when she didn't have as much skating content as he would have liked and that was in one routine only. I don't think Hayley ever had much skating content in her routines. Jai Ho, in particular, was all armography and toe picks and very little steps.

Suzanne's skate-off performance of 'Music' was woeful.
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    It seems that people have built Jai Ho up out of all proportion imho. The music is fabulous, the skating...............not so much.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Going to be so tense!

Yes, I don't always agree with you but I totally do about Hayley and Dan! That routine sticks in my mind so much and although Ray is a great skater and so is Beth neither of them have a big routine that shines out like Hayley's as you have said.

It's the same as Hayley's flying last week, when it brought tears to the judges eyes. That was totally amazing too. Hayley is my winner, I love her enthusiasm and I love her partnership with Dan too, always have! I think that both Hayley and Dan have the best connection and chemistry on the ice and this is why they are my winners!

So keep voting for Hayley and Dan folks!
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I don't always agree with you but I totally do about Hayley and Dan! That routine sticks in my mind so much and although Ray is a great skater and so is Beth neither of them have a big routine that shines out like Hayley's as you have said.

It's the same as Hayley's flying last week, when it brought tears to the judges eyes. That was totally amazing too. Hayley is my winner, I love her enthusiasm and I love her partnership with Dan too, always have! I think that both Hayley and Dan have the best connection and chemistry on the ice and this is why they are my winners!

So keep voting for Hayley and Dan folks!

Completely agree with you!

The partnership, tension, synchronicity and speed of Jai Ho will, hopefully, really shine!
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to be so tense!

I agree with you there. I always think of it and other then Chris fountains time warp I can't remember enjoying any others that much
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Fingers crossed she wins today after she performs jai ho.

Yes, fingers crossed, she done amazing tonight. Keep voting!
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to be so tense!

I actually thought...oh that routine again ...yawn
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit disappointed in Jai Ho tonight. It wasn't anywhere near as good as I remember it.