Forgotten #1's

Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
Forum Member
✭✭
As the title suggests those #1's that have been forgotten and left buried in the midst of time.

Britney Spears- Born To Make You Happy one of my absolute favourites and one of her biggest hit's yet it's not one most people seem to remember.

Comments

• Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince and The Most Beautiful Girl In The World. I believe this was his only UK Number One but if you were to ask some random people to name 10 Prince songs off the top of their head this one probably wouldn't get a mention. It stands a chance of getting a pointless score on Pointless.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Saints - Bootie Call
    Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellites
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prince and The Most Beautiful Girl In The World. I believe this was his only UK Number One but if you were to ask some random people to name 10 Prince songs off the top of their head this one probably wouldn't get a mention. It stands a chance of getting a pointless score on Pointless.

I dont really agree, id say it was definitely one of his most memorable hits, i hear it quite often on the radio/music channels. :) its a great track.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    As the title suggests those #1's that have been forgotten and left buried in the midst of time.

Britney Spears- Born To Make You Happy one of my absolute favourites and one of her biggest hit's yet it's not one most people seem to remember.

Mine too! Love that song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    I dont really agree, id say it was definitely one of his most memorable hits, i hear it quite often on the radio/music channels. :) its a great track.

Maybe your right, I don't hear it very often anymore but yes it is a great track

I will also nominate Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury. This was released a couple of years after his death and its probably my favourite non-Queen related song of his along with Barcelona.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Aqua- Turn Back Time. A rather nice ballad and completely different to their other, more famous hits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Stiltskin - "Inside" used on an ad and reached number one in the summer of '94. The lead singer went on to front Genesis, believe it or not.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often forget that "This Ain't a Love Song" by Scouting for Girls got to #1.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that TMBGITW is not a forgotten gem it's probably one most of the general population know.

People seem to forget I'm not alone by Calvin since 18 months.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I would not be surprised if "Just Got Started Lovin' You" from my most favorite singer James Otto is considered a forgotten #1.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Michael Jackson- One Day In your life, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, and Blood Is On the Dancefloor.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This:)

And in the US I can see 3 and HIAM going the same way :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh there's loads I could mention -particularly in the noughties when sales were low. How about:

LL Cool J - Ain't Nobody
    A1 - Same Old Brand New You
    Sam and Mark - With a Little Help from My friends
    Busted - Who's David
    3 of a kind - Babycakes
    Ja Rule/R Kelly/Ashanti - Wonderful
    Mc Fly - Baby's coming back/Transylvania
    Tinchy Stryder/Amelle - Never leave you
    Roll Deep - Green Light
    Sak Noel - Loca People

and I'm sure I'll have forgotten that DVBBS & Borgeous record in a matter of weeks..
  • floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason the majority of these songs have been forgotten is because they aren't very good e.g. Peter Andre - I Feel You and Boyzone's unforgettable - A Different Beat.

Trying to name good number one songs that have been forgotten about is a lot harder. Tasmin Archer's song and the Stiltskin's Inside are good examples although the only other one I can think of from the '90s is Your Woman by White Town and even then I'm not sure if these songs are really all that forgotten about.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    And in the US I can see 3 and HIAM going the same way :).

I don't think anyone remembers those songs. When it comes to Britney, most people remember Baby One More Time (the original and still the best as one of my friends described it), Toxic, Womanizer, I'm A Slave 4 U, Oops I Did It Again and maybe Till The World Ends. Not sure how many remember Born To Happy. Even here in Ireland 3 and HIAM are not well-known by people who aren't Britney fans. Even Work Bitch isn't known. Some of my friends have never heard it :o Slave 4 U is known though as most of them remember the snake performance :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loneliness by Tomcraft
    Touch Me - Rui Da Silva
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls
    Ne*Yo - So Sick
    Wamdue project - King of my castle
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One of his songs that is actually best forgotten, how this got to number one compared to some of his others, is beyond me.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    One of his songs that is actually best forgotten, how this got to number one compared to some of his others, is beyond me.

I agree. I can't stand that song, even worse when you compare it to some of his classics that were nowhere near as bigger a hits
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with Prince and Aqua's songs.

Also:

Love Won't Wait - Gary Barlow.
    Your Woman - White Town.
    Never Ever - All Saints.
    Under the Bridge - All Saints.
    Feel It - The Tamperer.
    Because We Want To - Billie.
    To You I Belong - BWitched
    Blame it On the Weatherman - BWitched
    Booty Call - All Saints.
  • b1britb1brit Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Nail - Ain't No Doubt Partners In Kryme - Turtle Power Toni Di Bart - The Real Thing Spacedust - Gym And Tonic LL Cool J - Ain't Nobody Martine McCutcheon - Perfect Moment Melanie B feat Missy Elliott - I Want You Back Peter Andre - I Feel You Doop - Doop Hale And Pace - The Stonk Some No.1's from the 90's off the top of my head..whether they're best forgotten of course is another matter entirely..
  • b1britb1brit Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Apologies for the badly typed paragraph...not quite sure how to send the words onto a separate line without making a pigs ear of things....oops
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also:

Your Woman - White Town.
    Never Ever - All Saints.
    Feel It - The Tamperer.
    Booty Call - All Saints.

I dont think never ever is forgotten as its one of the best selling girl group records of all time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also:

Your Woman - White Town.
    Never Ever - All Saints.
    Feel It - The Tamperer.
    Booty Call - All Saints.
    I dont think never ever is forgotten as its one of the best selling girl group records of all time

I agree with Never Ever not being forgotten as it's All Saints biggest hit and the one they are most associated with and remembered for