The Tennis Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Sharapova-Genie should be pretty straightforward right? I can't see Genie causing Maria anywhere near as much trouble as Muguruza or Stosur did. Also, Genie's busy schedule is bound to catch up with her.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Sharapova-Genie should be pretty straightforward right? I can't see Genie causing Maria anywhere near as much trouble as Muguruza or Stosur did.

I agree. But this is a crazy women's tournament so far.
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew that was close, really glad Maria won in the end,. :)

I need the robot to get rid of Novak. Please God.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Yes but don't let facts get in the way of the pagely criticism of Nadal from attackmusic. I used to debate then but now it's just amusing to try to spot the rare posts that aren't somehow trying to shoehorn Nadal criticisms into them. :p

As opposed to your thrilling anti Novak posts?

We are talking about time violations and it may perturb you, but Nadal's name will always come up on this subject :p

I defended his comments about Isner getting to tiebreaks without doing much, but whatever :D

As I said before, I think Milos might be tougher than people think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    Phew that was close, really glad Maria won in the end,. :)

I need the robot to get rid of Novak. Please God.

I thought you wanted Novak to win because you bet on him :p:D
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Id put my money on Bouchard or Halep to go win the whole thing.

Hope so. :cool:

Anyone but Sharapova please :D
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Sarn wrote: »
    Hope so. :cool:

Anyone but Sharapova please :D

Nooo, anyone but Errani more like! I always want Maria to win anyway, but it does ease my stress levels knowing that as long as Maria is still in it to win it, she's undefeated against Errani. I'm hoping either Sveta, Halep and Petkovic can be the saviours before then though, so I can fully relax. :D
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Id put my money on Bouchard or Halep to go win the whole thing.

i did:p 50 and 11 odds so hopefully Bouchard will do it,if not then halep.she seems a great prospect too.they both do.Actually prospect is the wrong word.they are both doing well right now:D

Listening to the support Genie had today.I think the crowd will be completely on her side against Sharapova
  • daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Andy been asked about England`s world cup chances yet?, hope Sharapova gets beaten by someone, be good to see new slam champion, regardless of their ranking.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    great start for gulbis
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you wanted Novak to win because you bet on him :p:D

No I'v decided I would rather see Mr. Gorgeous be happy, it is his Birthday today so if Raonic can do the deed it would be a perfect Birthday gift for Rafa. :D

Failing that Rafa could hand out his Birthday cake that Roland Garros has given him today and stuff it with laxatives then give David, Andy and everyone still left a massive slice of it. :D:p Only Joking there I promise

Novak is going to buy me a new handbag if he wins on Sunday :D It is funny because my daughter was looking at coats on ebay last year and we had been talking about tennis so much that instead of saying I wonder if dad will buy me this coat she said I wonder if Djokovic will buy me this coat by mistake. we laughed so much about that. :D
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great start for gulbis

4-0 now after a ridiculous lob. In the zone.

Edit: Then the FH goes missing ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 UE in a row for Novak >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i did:p 50 and 11 odds so hopefully Bouchard will do it,if not then halep.she seems a great prospect too.they both do.Actually prospect is the wrong word.they are both doing well right now:D

Listening to the support Genie had today.I think the crowd will be completely on her side against Sharapova

She will need it. Not convinced she has the game to take out Sharapova
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raonic is playing very well. Djoko a bit off his game so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roanic is playing very well. Djoko a bit off his game so far

Just like their match in Rome. I always thought this would be tougher than many thought.

Without his first serves going in, Milos is toast. But so far the serve has got him out of some trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just like their match in Rome. I always thought this would be tougher than many thought.

Without his first serves going in, Milos is toast. But so far the serve has got him out of some trouble.

He seems to be bossing the points so far. Gulbis up a break :o

For a guy who plays so fast he certainly walks very slowly. He walks like Herman Munster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last years RG and throughout the whole year, one of Novak's biggest weapons, his backhand down the line, was a liability. It deserted him. I think it was down to confidence. This year it has been so much better :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At last years RG and throughout the whole year, one of Novak's biggest weapons, his backhand down the line, was a liability. It deserted him. I think it was down to confidence. This year it has been so much better :)

Early days but this could go all the way. I spoke too soon. BP Djoko 😁😱
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Milos breaks now...
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Novak looks frustrated at the moment, trying to break Raonic isn't easy. I think this will be a 4 setter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Milos breaks now...

Djokos forehand misfiring 🎾 🔫💣
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Vika and Redfoo are no longer an item.

Also, what a bizarre decision to put Errani/Petkovic on Chatrier and Kuznetsova/Halep on Lenglen :confused:
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First set to Gulbis, 6-3.

Playing well, solid defence a big part of why he's winning.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    First blood to Ernie, takes the first set 6-3.
This discussion has been closed.