HTC static / hissing noise during calls

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or could offer any advice?

About 10 days ago I upgraded to a HTC One with 3 mobile. I love the phone but during the very first call i noticed a hissing / static noise every time the other person spoke, which stops when they stop speaking. I figured it was their line but realized it happens on every out going call i make - it does not happen when others call me. But it is there every time the other person speaks and even when i can hear their phone ring.

3 mobile swapped the phone for another one and the same problem was there. I rang HTC and they told me it must have been a faulty batch so 3 mobile then gave me another from their new delivery, but the problem persists.

I'm honestly not being oversensitive regarding the issue as other people have verified that the noise is not 'normal'. 3 mobile have also given me a new SIM card but that does not fix the issue.

I've tried the sim in my past 2 phones (one of them being nearly 4 years old) and both have perfect sound quality during outgoing calls

I rang 3 and they told me it is a handset fault, and I now need to have it repaired, despite me not having the issue when others call me. It is also not present when i ring 3 mobile (using 333) - this leads me to think it is a network issue.

I've also tried a factory reset and turned off beats audio etc but this has not worked. I've also ordered a free 3 sim card and plan to test this out in the phone. I love the phone and have been happy with 3 so would be keen to resolve the issue.

Apologies for the essay, but any advice / thoughts would be appreciated :-)