Options

Les and Claudette: the real reason for their meetings (may contain spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gor to be a cross dresser
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    For those speculating that Les is Donna's dad, how would it work? It wouldn't make sense that Claudette would know but not Pam..

Don't forget guys, Donna was fostered by Claudette, she is not her biological mum...
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought maybe Vincent is Paul's Dad. Meaning Paul isn't Les and Pam's real Grandson.
  • Options
    Ryan_AdolphoRyan_Adolpho Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    The idea of Les fathering a child who lives in Gran Canaria (maybe transexual) and that's why they visit their every year to see them. Maybe Claudette fostered them when they were a child?
  • Options
    CamzarellaCamzarella Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    If a white and black couple have a baby together it could be black

It could LOOK black not be black. Black is a race. You can't be black if you have a parent of another colour. Tut. So many people still use this stupid one drop rule.
  • Options
    soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    :confused: Vincent is black, not mixed. Les couldn't be his father.

Why couldn't Les be his father? Has there been mention of Vincent's birth father being black?
  • Options
    Fair_DoosFair_Doos Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I think she is a bad one, seems all sweet but underneath a total bitch. I think she has beern blackmailing les for years, I'm also thinking he is donnas dad or she is Paul's mum. But how would Vincent not know his mum was pregnant so more likely to be les Donnas dad. Or maybe his son is still alive living abroad and that's who they went on holiday to see and leaving pam to think she killed her son. Hate how all the story lines are dragged out so long!!!!!
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why couldn't Les be his father? Has there been mention of Vincent's birth father being black?

Richard Blackwood is black.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think an affair is too obvious and I'm not favouring the daddy of Donna or Vincent theory either.

Les might be a cross dresser or he and Claudette have been involved in some sort of criminal activity together.
  • Options
    soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Blackwood is black.
    So he is! I hadn't noticed.

But I was talking about a fictional character in a fictional soap, not the actor that plays the role.
  • Options
    CheshirecheeseCheshirecheese Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody really care, they are all such boring characters!
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he is! I hadn't noticed.

But I was talking about a fictional character in a fictional soap, not the actor that plays the role.

Oh my, so we're now going into the fictional realm where you cast anyone? And realism (what Ee co-creators Julia Smith and Tony Jordan were striving for) is not taken account ? Alright then, let's cast George Takei as Gavin's long lost brother or let's make Judi Dench Claudette's aunty who looked after her when she was 5. No.
    If you're casting a character with an ethnic requirement, you cast an actor matching that requirement. Really simple rules of casting, I really don't understand why people are complicating it lol if you're talking about colour blind casting, (why Idris Elba talks about Bond) that's when characters with no ethnic requirement are being questioned as to why they're traditionally played by actors from a particular ethnic group. Which is something completely different and raises questions such as who says Doctor Who can't be played by a black actor? Who says Oda Mae Brown from Ghost can't be played by a white actor? But this is eastenders where it's all about realism and authentic portrayals, and I definitely feel casting should reflect that.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Oh my, so we're now going into the fictional realm where you cast anyone? And realism (what Ee co-creators Julia Smith and Tony Jordan were striving for) is not taken account ? Alright then, let's cast George Takei as Gavin's long lost brother or let's make Judi Dench Claudette's aunty who looked after her when she was 5. No.
    If you're casting a character with an ethnic requirement, you cast an actor matching that requirement. Really simple rules of casting, I really don't understand why people are complicating it lol if you're talking about colour blind casting, (why Idris Elba talks about Bond) that's when characters with no ethnic requirement are being questioned as to why they're traditionally played by actors from a particular ethnic group. Which is something completely different and raises questions such as who says Doctor Who can't be played by a black actor? Who says Oda Mae Brown from Ghost can't be played by a white actor? But this is eastenders where it's all about realism and authentic portrayals, and I definitely feel casting should reflect that.

Finally someone talking sense. I really don't understand what some people are finding so hard to understand.
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Isn't this a beautiful dress?'

A clue perhaps?
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Pam is Claudette's full biological sister.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody really care, they are all such boring characters!

I care. I like them
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I care. I like them

me too sorcha I like them :)
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this thread is a sad indictment of our times, half of it obsessed with cross dressing and transexuals and the other half over the colour of peoples skin
    thought the world was supposed to be a little more accepting.
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    'Isn't this a beautiful dress?'

A clue perhaps?

Defiantly ! Also the way claudette said Paul had told Vincent they were having an affair
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    this thread is a sad indictment of our times, half of it obsessed with cross dressing and transexuals and the other half over the colour of peoples skin

agree ;-)
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

It would be interesting to see an elderly person struggling with his true identity.
  • Options
    Steve SoapboxSteve Soapbox Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    I have this theory that Les is a cross dresser. That necklace he bought months ago was for him, not Claudette. They go on holiday so Les can live his secret life for a week. Okay, a bit far fetched, but hey ho it's soap.

My money's on this being the case. Claudette is the only person who knows about his secret life, hence his strong friendship with her.

When you look at the character in this light, it's gonna be a compelling story. Which hopefully - for once - won't involve someone being murdered.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely a clue when Claudette Said about the dress. 100% Les is crossdressing
  • Options
    Julie_SmithJulie_Smith Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I think les goes to her house so he can indulge his transvestite self
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum came up with the theory that far from having an affair, Les is meeting her
    in order to discuss Donna, whom he fathered many years ago in a secret relationship.

I don't think it's a bog standard affair- that's too simple. There needs to be a twist.

I thought claudette might be the trans character & that all her kids were adopted.