Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Tom Watson is the kindest celebrity I have ever met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    hickeyj wrote: »
    First celeb (and this is really showing my age) was Ken Dodd, pulled me up on stage with him (I was 7 months pregnant at the time) made all sorts of jokes and gave me a diddy man toy for the baby (lovely lovely man)

Malandra Burrows (Cathy from Emmerdale) met her at a health farm, again lovely girl, very sweet.

George Best - he was booking into Health Farm as we checked out, what a fabulous guy!

And very on topic at the moment, met and spoke with and had pictures with Andrew Sachs, he was on a cruise we were on a few years ago, when he wasn't giving 'talks' he was generally found to be around the ship and had time for everyone. :)

Malandra Burrows used to shop where I worked, she used to buy clothes then bring them back after the weekend! my heart used to sink whenever I saw here walk onto my department. The whole store would go into depression when she arrived.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I am absolutely DYING for someone to say that to me. I would take great delight in asking them what, exactly, they expect to gain by coming out with that old chestnut, and why they feel they should be privileged above others in the queue :D...

....or there are a variety of other responses I have up my sleeve ;)
    I would just say "No I don't, who are you?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I smiled at Jamie Theakston in the BBC reception area at White City and he frowned at me, Claudia Winkleman was also there talking VERY LOUDLY... she has massive eyes I never realised before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and also saw Pam Ayres (God knows how you spell her name) at a farm shop in Woborn, my grandad says she presents (or maybe presented) something on Sundays. She was very nice to the people who were speaking to her they all seemed to know her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I met John Craven the other day. Lovely guy, absolutely no heirs and graces at all. He is one of my TV hero's and I was made up about it. What would the 70's and 80's have been without him on kids tv. And a Cravenless countryfile is a waste of time:D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolby Kid wrote: »

Sporty Spice - lovely - once you got past the showbiz smiles and responses and she chilled out a bit, she has a passion for the music and she loves talking about the biz.
    Fell for her a little bit too!

So pleased to hear that! :D I've been a big fan of hers for years.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »

Michael Winner - in front of me at an Ice Cream Kiosk DEMANDED he did not have to pay - saying 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?' to which the assistant laughingly kept saying 'No I don't. You no pay, You no get ice cream' He left empty handed PMSL.

And he boasts in his Sunday Times column that he always pays his way!
  • Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pleased to hear that! :D I've been a big fan of hers for years.

Aye she's a sweetie, best one of that whole Spice lot by far.
  • Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markybaby wrote: »
    I met John Craven the other day. Lovely guy, absolutely no heirs and graces at all. He is one of my TV hero's and I was made up about it. What would the 70's and 80's have been without him on kids tv. And a Cravenless countryfile is a waste of time:D

This is true. Never met him mind, but I love his work!
  • HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the Live in Blackpool concert on Radio 2 where Mika, Will Young, Pixie Lot, Daniel Merrywether and Newton Falkoner were performing.

After the concert, I had just been for a drink in the Winter Gardens bar; after this we returned to the foyer to see Mika mingling with a group of fans who had stayed behind. He signed autographs and had pictures taken and seemed a nice bloke.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Celebs I had the misfortune to come across and wish I had never wasted my time, money and support as well as set eyes on them. I am very polite with these so called stars, but they have ignored me or have been very rude at public fan venues etc! Here are some as follows:

Not worth it includes:
    Julian Lennon
    Jools Holland
    Joe
    An actress from the original Star Trek. (No, not the one that Kirk kissed) at a public signing session. She only cared about how much money she was making from the autographs.
    The current drummer from Level 42
    Someone in UB40 (Not Ali)
    The singer from Bourgeois Tagg (well, he just lost my support in helping his charity)
    Junior
    Roman Abramovich (and his heavy's)
    Robert Llewellyn (from red dwarf)
    Chris Moyles (He Steals ideas off fans to boost himself)

I can't name this next 50+ year old person and is really NOT worth the publicity, but is a one hit wonder musician/actor from Deutsche land with next to nothing of a fan base. I've sent a nice letter and a couple of messages of support and appreciating his work and he totally blanked and ignores me, and he only comes on his website for this one fan he likes and answers their messages. Well he can shove it and keep that fan he only likes. Now I know why nobody bothers with his albums, and what's more is he is just a grump! It's a shame I've wasted money on his albums; I'll probably throw his albums in the bin or sell them off. I can't listen to his stuff because it hurts me.

On the other hand, I have had the pleasure of meeting some lovely people and they are gems and they are far better than the crap above!

The late great actor Paul Newman - what a gentleman, he was so lovely. He cared and showed interest.
  • sHaKsHaK Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Children's BBC presenters Dick and Dom (I think they were called, not sure if they're still presenting that show). I was on a tube and they got on at White City and sat opposite to me.

Don't know which is which, but the dark haired guy was pleasant and chatted to me, the blonde was a bit grumpy, but he may have been tired.

They were effing and blinding a lot and talking about "girls", which sort of killed their goody-two-shoes, nicey nicey image for me :(;)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samvines wrote: »
    Malandra Burrows used to shop where I worked, she used to buy clothes then bring them back after the weekend! my heart used to sink whenever I saw here walk onto my department. The whole store would go into depression when she arrived.

She always gets my back up. Don't know why, it's like she tries to come across as likeable but I think she's actually quite needy. Another one who left a soap and thought the world would come knocking at her door with top job offers. Oh well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am absolutely DYING for someone to say that to me. I would take great delight in asking them what, exactly, they expect to gain by coming out with that old chestnut, and why they feel they should be privileged above others in the queue :D...

The best response to something like that is, "No, I don't have a clue who you are; and even if I did, it wouldn't make any difference!" ;)
  • BassthoundBassthound Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My favourite response to the "DYKIA" quote I've heard of was the woman at the check-in desk who turned to the rest of the queue and asked "Does anyone recognise this gentleman as he appears to have forgotten his name ?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I am a massive fan of Danny Dyer & Tamer Hassan...met Danny twice & Tamer once...both lovely genuine down to earth guys xxx
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bassthound wrote: »
    My favourite response to the "DYKIA" quote I've heard of was the woman at the check-in desk who turned to the rest of the queue and asked "Does anyone recognise this gentleman as he appears to have forgotten his name ?"
    I must remember that!
    I had to fill in a form once for a very well known footballer, and took great delight in asking him what his occupation was. His face was a picture.:):D:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best response to something like that is, "No, I don't have a clue who you are; and even if I did, it wouldn't make any difference!" ;)
    I must remember that!
    I had to fill in a form once for a very well known footballer, and took great delight in asking him what his occupation was. His face was a picture.:):D:)

:D:D:D:D Love these... This thread is brilliant.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now THAT is class! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    yag wrote: »
    My cousin had a date with a plumber, whose boss once mended Paul Shane's dishwasher.
    Paul wasn't in at the time, so I don't know if he was nice or nasty :cry:

Well thats me convinced he clearly is fanatical about how clean his dishes are:D
  • DroodDrood Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MovieGirl wrote: »
    Not worth it includes:
    Julian Lennon
    Jools Holland
    Joe
    An actress from the original Star Trek. (No, not the one that Kirk kissed) at a public signing session. She only cared about how much money she was making from the autographs.
    The current drummer from Level 42
    Someone in UB40 (Not Ali)
    The singer from Bourgeois Tagg (well, he just lost my support in helping his charity)
    Junior
    Roman Abramovich (and his heavy's)
    Robert Llewellyn (from red dwarf)
    Chris Moyles (He Steals ideas off fans to boost himself)

That surprises me. I've met him three times and he's been lovely every time.

He's has a reputation as being one of the nicest slebs you could meet so maybe you were just really unlucky to meet him on a bad day.
    I am a massive fan of Danny Dyer & Tamer Hassan...met Danny twice & Tamer once...both lovely genuine down to earth guys xxx

Like you I've met Danny twice and Tamer once and found them both to be really cool.
    Forum Member
    Drood wrote: »
    That surprises me. I've met him three times and he's been lovely every time.

He's has a reputation as being one of the nicest slebs you could meet so maybe you were just really unlucky to meet him on a bad day.

Like you I've met Danny twice and Tamer once and found them both to be really cool.

Where did you see them? I met Danny & Tamer in Sunderland and Danny again in Glasgow.
  • DroodDrood Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did you see them? I met Danny & Tamer in Sunderland and Danny again in Glasgow.

I met Danny in Sheffield in 2002 after the play “No Man’s Land” and then I saw him and Tamer at a signing event in London a couple of years ago.
    Forum Member
    Cool :) They are lovely guys!!

Going to see Danny again in Glasgow in December. :)