Options

**Spoiler** glamorous and cheerful - Week 10

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The irony is not flying (get it!) over my head :yawn:

Just for people with a PhD, could you say that again, real slow please? (Denzel Washington in some film or other)
  • Options
    Charmaine CamerCharmaine Camer Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    giraffe77 wrote: »
    Jason annoys me every time he opens his mouth (as does Kristina tbh)....so fake! I know he's an actor, and they praise him for acting well while dancing, but surely dancing isn't about acting...to me it's about embodying the dance, but still being yourself! Jason, and I repeat, IMO, acts too much, and retains none of his own character!

ps Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but I know what I mean! :-/

I think those remarks are totally unwarranted! Jason does not talk more than anyone else ( yes Chelsee and Robbie, I'm looking your way). He works very hard and has danced consistently well. There is nothing fake about him and he does not angle for "poor me, I'm trying to be self deprecating to get sympathy" ( C and R again) Jason deserves to win - as does Kristina :p
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    fancynancy wrote: »
    After that, Olivej posted the 'real' spoiler - ie Jason & Robbie bottom two, Robbie gone.

Fancynancy, sorry the departure of your favourite was made worse by a rollercoaster of the troll's making.

Straight off the socceer pitch Robbie made the last six from a field of 14, and along his journey made new friends and captivated admirers. The bright shafts of sunshine, like his foxtrot with brolly, were well deserved and worked for. Robbie was happy, and no-one can take those bright nights away from him.

Ta-ra Robbie, well played. ;)
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just happy Robbie has made it this far.

I had him down as a week 3 elimination and he's surpassed the odds and expectations I've had for him, he's a winner in my eyes :D
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    When I left off reading this thread last night, Alex had gone now it looks like Robbie. I'm in a rush and don't have time to read over the whole lot!

So it is Robbie out then is it? :confused:

(Be kind to an elderly dragon please.:)

Thanks in advance.

XX
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I left off reading this thread last night, Alex had gone now it looks like Robbie. I'm in a rush and don't have time to read over the whole lot!

Thanks in advance.

XX

Yes. Robbie's gone. Hope that's the result you wanted ?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks in advance.

XX

Certainly :)

Yes.

And as I posted this morning (can't always do quotes properly:)):

The person - dmolyneaux@virg - that said on the first page that he / she would post the spoiler as soon as he / she knew the result, did so.

Unfortunately, before that some of us including me were taken in by people that gave the incorrect result (for fun? who knows).

Olive and Katie gave the correct result and Alison rose kindly confirmed the correct result.

The result: bottom two Jason and Robbie; Robbie out.

From last night's posts, it seems that bookmakers read the spoiler thread, as first Alex was removed from their odds, then reinstated and Robbie removed.

.... from another elderly ;) that enjoyed talking about shorthand last night, and often quotes the tiger cub site:) http://www.potterparkzoo.org/our-animals/tiger-cub-cam - playing now, they are.

Joy
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

Thanks in advance.

XX

Alright, just for you then, Robbie has made the last 6, but no further.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess this means that Holly & Artem are called out first tonight.

Will Harry, Chelsee or Alex be the other couple called save before the break? For the added tension, calling out Chelsee second would make the most sense (as nobody thinks she might be in bottom two anyway).

They might do what they did at Wembley week- if they call out Alex and Holly first, and put Robbie in the bottom 2- that leaves Chelsee Jason and Harry for after the break- the "big 3" as it were now Holly's popularity seems to be under scrutiny, leaving them, as James said a few weeks back, wondering which of them is going to be the one to take the fall
  • Options
    cranford fancranford fan Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off topic but is anyone else watching the BBC news channel? The two new pandas have arrived at Edinburgh airport. It'd be lovely if we could watch a British panda cam while waiting for the spoilers next year!
  • Options
    YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Think Robbie going now is a fair result - bit shocked Jason was in bottom 2, expected it to be Alex:confused:
  • Options
    giraffe77giraffe77 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I think those remarks are totally unwarranted! Jason does not talk more than anyone else ( yes Chelsee and Robbie, I'm looking your way). He works very hard and has danced consistently well. There is nothing fake about him and he does not angle for "poor me, I'm trying to be self deprecating to get sympathy" ( C and R again) Jason deserves to win - as does Kristina :p

I've searched for where I said he talks more than anyone else, but can't find it! Acting is not dancing to me, and I simply don't like what comes out of his mouth! pure drivel IMO......
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Yes. Robbie's gone. Hope that's the result you wanted ?
    k9fan wrote: »
    Certainly :)

Yes.

And as I posted this morning (can't always do quotes properly:)):

The person - dmolyneaux@virg - that said on the first page that he / she would post the spoiler as soon as he / she knew the result, did so.

Unfortunately, before that some of us including me were taken in by people that gave the incorrect result (for fun? who knows).

Olive and Katie gave the correct result and Alison rose kindly confirmed the correct result.

The result: bottom two Jason and Robbie; Robbie out.

From last night's posts, it seems that bookmakers read the spoiler thread, as first Alex was removed from their odds, then reinstated and Robbie removed.

.... from another elderly ;) that enjoyed talking about shorthand last night, and often quotes the tiger cub site:) http://www.potterparkzoo.org/our-animals/tiger-cub-cam - playing now, they are.

Joy
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Alright, just for you then, Robbie has made the last 6, but no further.

Thank you all so much for these replies. What a lovely bunch of folks inhabit this thread!! :)
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Thanks again for the result spoiler and once again and imo the right result. Robbie has done well but it was his time to go.
  • Options
    SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good day folks... well, as I said 2 weeks ago, I take my eyes off you for one evening and look what happens...! I'm shocked, shocked I tell you...... I might even comsider not bringing my home-made sticky ginger cake next week..!
    It's taken me AGES to read through all this lot - what a kerfuffle..!!!
    Mind you, the right result in the end, as it was time for Robbie to go - after the last week the poor man can't have been able to concentrate on his dancing - he was obviously so distressed about his friend, so maybe it's for the best that he doesn't have to keep up the forced joility...
    As I was Santa Special-ing this weekend with my family (all together now - Aaaaaah!) coming back to this is like a bucket of cold water - but at least alisonrose came through for us all (did we ever doubt her?) and got us back on the right track.
    Now let's concentrate on the food for next week........:):):):)
  • Options
    fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Fancynancy, sorry the departure of your favourite was made worse by a rollercoaster of the troll's making.

Straight off the socceer pitch Robbie made the last six from a field of 14, and along his journey made new friends and captivated admirers. The bright shafts of sunshine, like his foxtrot with brolly, were well deserved and worked for. Robbie was happy, and no-one can take those bright nights away from him.

Ta-ra Robbie, well played. ;)

Little Chelsee's my favourite, actually.;):D

I do like Robbie, though - always did. He may not have been everyone's favourite footballer, but he was one of mine. Heart on his sleeve, committed to the hilt, handbags at dawn with the opposing midfield (and often the referee, too) - and a smile never far away.:)

And very sweet sentiments from you, too, if I may say so.;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    pasodabble wrote: »
    The closest was series 2/3:

1: Brendan, Hanna, Anton, Erin (out of 8 couples)
    2: Darren, Ian, Erin, Lilia, Camilla (out of 10)
    3: Lilia, Erin, Ian, Camilla, Anton (12)
    4: Karen, Lilia, Darren, Vincent, Matthew (14)
    5: Matthew, Flavia, Camilla, Darren, Ola (14)
    6: Camilla, Vincent, Brendan, Erin, Matthew (16)
    7: Ola, Natalie, Brian, Anton, Vincent (16)
    8: Artem, Aliona, James, Natalie, Katya (14)
    9: Artem, Aliona, James, Kristina, Pasha (14)

yeah but it seems as if either Artem and James or Artem and Kristina are out next week , so if the first one happens Aliona will be the only one who reaches the final twice in a row ( and wins it this time! mcFly rullz :) :
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Great to see that so many of you are here - Hi !

I've only ever popped in here on a Saturday before.

Last night had me feeling really sorry for Alex, and someone even commented that she was out because of the Jeremy Clarkson business on the 'One show', so a big, big 'thankyou' to you Alisonrose.
    We can always depend on you:) x x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    IMO Harry deserved more for his rumba , the judges have obviously been fixing the results to save holly and artem and to make sure Robbie and James were in the bottom two. I don't mind them keeping Holly though , would be great to have a Harry-Holly-Alex final ( NOT chelsea, can't stand that girl , everything about her from her boobs to her face is fake )
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    People do take this thread far too seriously, I only check here to get the result for my mum on a Sunday daytime. She thought Alex was going or Robbie - so not a great surprise.

I doubt many people here know that Robbie is an Ambassador for William Hill and has been for quite some time. http://news.williamhill.com/en/a/football-previews/robbie-savage-signs-for-william-hill/

why does that not surprise me?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow what a horrible thread this is! I've just read through and some of the comments about Robbie are frankly disgusting. It's just a TV show :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was Robbie's time to go, although I think had he stayed in it would have been like Gavin last year anyway and he'd have been eliminated next week.

Now I'm not certain who'll take the 3rd slot in the final - Harry and Chelsee seem certainties barring any mess-ups next week, but a lot for Holly and Jason will depend on how they're scored...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im sorry that Robbie is gone. Im even sorrier that someone felt they had to confuse us all by saying Alex had gone. Thanks AlisonRose and Olive. Gotta go shopping for next weeks thread. I might bring a chocolate log.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I left the spoiler thread after it was announced Alex was leaving - she's though? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Woo! I spent all day feeling sad that Alex had gone, and just watching the results and she went through! I came back here to see it had been a mistake! Chuffed now, but sad Robbie's gone. It can't be nice for him this week, plus I love Ola!
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member

Thanks in advance.

XX

yes me too. Am so relieved though now to find it's Robbie after just seeing Alex get through - phew!