Is there another Terminator movie coming?

Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i remember hearing about it a year or so ago, has anything been confirmed though?

also, i really pray to god if there is another film, that it wont involve christian ruddy bale!!!

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IF there is another one it most likely will have him lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    The last one was supposed to be the first in a trilogy, but I don't think it was received well enough for the green light on the other two.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much info about it but it has been announced. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh I hope not. Let the franchise die already. I don't think I can handle another disappointing Terminator movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    It's not a good idea in my opinion. Two was enough.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which direction they would take the film in though? They have had John Connor before birth, John Connor as a teenager, an adult in his twenties and then older.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Connor as an old man probably. Sitting shaking in his chair in an underground makeshift nursing home, and a rusty old Terminator appears in the corner and slowly creaks towards him. They are at opposite ends of the room and the entire 2 hours 15 mins runtime is taken up with the two of them getting ever closer until a shock twist ending:
    John has a heart attack and dies before the Terminator can reach him. The Terminator, so overcome with emotion, sends itself back in time to stop the first Terminator from appearing and causing John to have a heart attack and die, but the appearance of 2 Terminators actually causes John to have a heart attack even quicker than before. Then Earth implodes. Credits.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    The rights to the franchise were sold not too long ago. Wouldn't surprise me if we got a reboot...cough remake...by 2014 to coincide with the 30th anniversary.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to move on I think. Should have stopped after two unless they could have gotten Cameron back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    John Connor as an old man probably. Sitting shaking in his chair in an underground makeshift nursing home, and a rusty old Terminator appears in the corner and slowly creaks towards him. They are at opposite ends of the room and the entire 2 hours 15 mins runtime is taken up with the two of them getting ever closer until a shock twist ending:
    John has a heart attack and dies before the Terminator can reach him. The Terminator, so overcome with emotion, sends itself back in time to stop the first Terminator from appearing and causing John to have a heart attack and die, but the appearance of 2 Terminators actually causes John to have a heart attack even quicker than before. Then Earth implodes. Credits.

I'm digging that :cool::D:o
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is. Apparently Arnie is returning as well.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did hear on this site the director of Fast 5 was in line to direct the next one, which will ignore the continuity of 3 and 4, and have Arnie back in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    There is. Apparently Arnie is returning as well.

yh.. i googled somewhere on here, that there is another two coming soon, but James Cameron is focusing on Avater 2 first..and that he's approached Arnie and he said YES :D..Its apparently gonna be on his character of Terminater and his ( arnie) background..sounds good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    i remember hearing about it a year or so ago, has anything been confirmed though?

also, i really pray to god if there is another film, that it wont involve christian ruddy bale!!!

Although it was the intention of Terminator Salvation to instigate a new trilogy, I think that bad box office receipts put this plan to bed. If true, a pity, given that I thought that the movie was above average, and moved the story forward.

At the time, I had hoped that with sufficient success of Salvation, the network would have commissioned Sarah Connor Chronicles for a Third Series or even Movie ...and tie up the loose ends.

Of course, if a new Terminator movie is produced, I hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger is ignored from casting.... his excessive use of steroids did lead the robot to be too gay to be taken seriously.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    mr_me wrote: »
    Ugh I hope not. Let the franchise die already. I don't think I can handle another disappointing Terminator movie.

You don't have to go and see it, you know! :rolleyes:
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    They'll probably reboot the franchise in twenty years time.

So it'll arrive in cinemas next year.

(see what I did there, eh? ;))