Best way to get to Earl's Court from Reading?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
Forum Member
We're thinking of going to the Discover Dogs exhibition this Sunday but aren't sure what the best way to get there is. The train is a no go as it's £20 each to Paddington and there will be four of us so the car will be cheaper.

We were thinking of driving to the closest Tube station and Tubing it in. Anyone know which station would be best? The other option is just driving all the way and paying for parking. Not sure how much or how easy that is though.

Thoughts please, thanks. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drive to Hounslow West (Piccadilly) or Uxbridge (Met & Piccadilly Line) and Tube in the rest of the way to Earl's Court (Piccadilly)?

My best guess really. Be careful of planned works on Tube.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could have trouble coming in from the west as both lines to Earls Court from the west are closed on Sunday for engineering works

check line closures here............

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Bugger, looks like the Tube is out then. Might have to brave driving in London I suppose....or just not go. :rolleyes:
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parking is free pretty much everywhere on Sunday, just don't park on double yellow or red lines

A parking bay will say 'resident permit holders or pay at machine mon-fri 9am to 6.30' or something, it's free all other times. Why drive half way and then pay for the tube?
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    If you go to Richmond you can get the District line to Earls court there are replacement buses on that line from Turnham Green to Ealing Broadway but that is on the other section of the district line to the one you want, you want the Upminster branch trains. There is also a car park not far from Richmond station
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Trains avoiding Paddington: Reading to Virginia Water to Weybridge to Wimbledon.
    Tube: Wimbledon to Earls Court.

You'll just have to stump up the cost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Parking is free pretty much everywhere on Sunday, just don't park on double yellow or red lines

A parking bay will say 'resident permit holders or pay at machine mon-fri 9am to 6.30' or something, it's free all other times. Why drive half way and then pay for the tube?
    Yes, I was thinking of this too. I've read it's actually pretty ok finding free parking around there on a Sunday. We shall give it a go.

Thank you everyone for your advice.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    Yes, I was thinking of this too. I've read it's actually pretty ok finding free parking around there on a Sunday. We shall give it a go.

Thank you everyone for your advice.

You'll definitely find parking in the residential streets around there, don't expect to park outside but within 5 minutes walk. Stamford Bridge is down the road but Chelsea play Saturday, you might be competing with people driving to the same event but that's it
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Park-Up.com is an excellent website to check out what parking restrictions apply in any area in London (just type in your post code).

Looking on that website for the Earl's Court station area, the only restrictions on the residential roads are Monday-Saturday so you should be fine.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Traffic's shit round there... allow at least an extra 30mins on what it ought to take to cover yourself..