Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entered

We are off to Vienna no venue mentioned though
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If weedy watches the videos, he might like my entry...maybe...

Vienna sounds nice :)
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has Vienna been confirmed? Because I really wanted to visit the waterpark in Innsbruck.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    So has Vienna been confirmed? Because I really wanted to visit the waterpark in Innsbruck.

Official now

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=vienna_to_host_eurovision_2015&source=twitter&medium=social&campaign=Twitter

Still nothing on the Venue but surely its got to be the Weiner Arena

Actually it is that :blush:
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Entered

We are off to Vienna no venue mentioned though

They did say it would be Stadthalle if they picked Vienna a while back.
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just voted for this week....my that was hard to get 10 songs to vote for! Some of the entries just seemed like exact copies, and others were just disappointing.

I still think I will come last though! I went way out of my comfort zone for this one, but at least its not as damaging as a 40 song contest!
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Just voted for this week....my that was hard to get 10 songs to vote for! Some of the entries just seemed like exact copies, and others were just disappointing.

I still think I will come last though! I went way out of my comfort zone for this one, but at least its not as damaging as a 40 song contest!
    I know what you mean. I think I'm glad I missed out on my first choice because it's practically identical, though saying that my actual entry isn't much better... it can be a fine line sometimes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Official now

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=vienna_to_host_eurovision_2015&source=twitter&medium=social&campaign=Twitter

Still nothing on the Venue but surely its got to be the Weiner Arena

Actually it is that :blush:

I'm glad it's Vienna. I'm not too surprised they went for Vienna (even though Innsbruck would've be nice too) as I think the Wiener Stadthalle has the best logistics for a large TV production. :)
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( I am not usually one to moan about having my entries stolen...but.....mwwwaahhhh!!! Boooo to whoever it was!!! I curse you!

:D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's Wien, but at the other time it's a it of a anti-climax.

I'm glad the logo has been updated though. Last year (and indeed the year before), it was updated on the evening of the contest on all of their social media to reflect the winner (not sure on the site, though), but this year it didn't for some reason.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torn between THREE entries for this week, I've held my own little national final, but it's still a draw :(
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurovision 2015 is trending top on Facebook and in August! :D
  • Options
    wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we're off to Vienna I bet the BBC get the reformed Ultravox to be our entry next year...
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESC Ross wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this years contest cost three times more than the original budget.

Yes. No surprise...

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/08/04/denmark-hosting-esc-more-expensive/56949/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there!

I am now going to officially declare Best Non-ESC Song by an ESC Artist OPEN!

The provisos are pretty simple- the song can't have been entered into this contest before (although a song used in Fantasy rounds will be allowed), must be by an artist or featured artist who performed at Eurovision and must not be a Eurovision or NF song. I'll be accepting one song per artist (so, there won't be seven Loreen songs for example) but I will be accepting songs by various members of a band (so, there might be one ABBA song and one Agnetha song, but not two ABBA songs or two Agnetha songs- if that makes sense). It's a first come first served basis and if you're unsuccessful with your first choice, I'll PM you asking for something else. I am popping out now so please don't worry if I've not got back to you within an hour or so- I'll sort all that out when I'm back.

You have until 6pm on Sunday, 10th August to select your song.

Good luck!

Did someone post a list of songs used before?
    I think we had one contest pr year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we're off to Vienna I bet the BBC get the reformed Ultravox to be our entry next year...

Haha. That would be fun ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG have to vote for songs today and think about song for next week. FML
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniela who is caming from Slovenia is going to go to Vienna! I look forward to the videos we can all enjoy :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really impressed with playlist so far...
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Hurrah for Vienna- it's the most natural choice, to go to one of Europe's most prestigious capitals in the 60th year. I'm just excited to be out of Scandinavia for a bit, to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 'Kuula' has overtaken 'What If We' as my favourite Eurovision song EVERRR. I want to marry Mr Lepland. Yuuuuuuuuuuuum.............................. :blush::D:D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Review time...

Zoller Zslot: His voice is a bit Cruise Shippy at times, which, when paired with the stand-up keyboard and visually alarming shirt, really adds to the P&O Sun Princess vibe. That being said, it's not a bad version but he's no Kati Wolf (47).
    Nicolas Baus: Oh, I looked at this one in my list and it was there for about seventeen seconds. He is so very creepy. I actually can't get through it without laughing (a phrase, I'm sure, Nicolas is familiar with). The kind of man who does it facing a mirror.
    Celtic Woman: Sublime. I wish Eurovision would go a bit Celtic again one year.
    Aram MP3: I really wanted to dislike this because, y'now, it's Aram MP3, but this is actually very, very good. More tolerable than Emmelie herself, in fact.
    Anna Bergendahl: Oh to live in a country where their Idol has a Melodifestivalen week. I'm part of Anna's Army (that's not a thing) and this doesn't change anything. Lovely version.
    Sāpju Kabinets: I can't hear that bloody opening without thinking of The Denial of Saule riet. I don't find parody songs funny at all, and I'm a vegetarian so... this probably isn't for me.
    Jay en Lianie: It's essentially the same version, but without Julian Rhind Tutt and Myleene Klass singing it.
    ISA: This is officially better than Sanna's version. She's got a tremendous voice!
    Klavs Gerdes: I feel like I'm watching the BBC at about 3am.
    Dana Winner: This is really rather dull, I'm afraid. I do like a nice ballad but this is careering dangerously towards the "end credits of a second rate Disney film" style ballad.
    Nicxon Jaspe: Although it appears to have been filmed on a Nokia from 1998, I quite like this. Spanish is always good for a bit o'drama. The choruses don't really work, but I like the bi-language switch up. Hmm, this is genuinely quite interesting.
    Joyce: Joycewuzrobbed. Petrawuzrobbed. Silwuzrobbed. Anyonewhoisn'tAxelwuzrobbed. This is nice and far less teeth itchingly irritating than the original.
    Cristina Kiseleff: Can we talk about those eyebrows? Marker pen is never an ideal tool for facial follicle administration. I can't really tell what she's doing, as it's already a very stringy song and Aram is still singing it. The second half is much better.
    Birthe Kjaer: That is the 70s, right there, in that album cover. I'm sure Fuglen Og Barnet is a bus-route in London. Not bad, but not for me.
    Kollisionen: Obligatory Euphoria cover but this is a bit bluesy. Shame her voice isn't quite up to it.
    Bob Williamson: This is absolutely hideous.
    Nikoleta Pavlovic: She's got her wine and her fondue and she just wants to belt out a 90s Eurovision classic. No judgement, we've all been there. I'm there most Saturday nights.
    Lena Valaitis: What is it with Germany and their variety shows that take place next to Swimming pools? It took me about thirty seconds to work out what song it was and then I loved it. I love it when a German takes on Safura.
    Sarah Dawn Finer: Oh, SDF. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
    Celtic Woman: Is it just me or are these just lazily covering anything that sounds a bit celtic? Give Germany 2003 a celtic twist and then we'll talk.
    Sonja Naskoska: This is the archetypal Big Balkan Ballad and I like it. Just a shame Sonja can't sing.
    Farrah Fawcett & Jean Paul Vignon: Oh, God rest Farrah and her tremendous hair. I like this, it's a bit slinky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KLavs is yummi but its a bit wierd. I thought about enetrimng the Dana Winner song. Never heard it until now though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's been revealed that Bulgaria got the funds to return to Eurovision, but instead decided to spend it on JESC. They're hopeful to return to ESC also... but why spend the money on JESC, when they could of returned to ESC?!?! :(
This discussion has been closed.