Parking Permit Peril

cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
Forum Member
Having put in online to renew our annual Parking Permit with our local council as a long term applicant, continious over many years without a break, we eventually received a reply that in addition to the evidence they have on file they are now demanding that we again provide a/ proof of residency, and b/ proof of ownership of the car via DVLA log book c5.. Taking into account that our quaintly named Parking Shop already have these details and I am only requesting 'renewal' of a simple parking permit for gods sake, not an application to enter Burma, the USA or Syria ! Is this another example of red tape madness overtaking common sense ?

Comments

• Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rules are rules...its easier to hide behind them than it is to drill down a little.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Rules are rules...its easier to hide behind them than it is to drill down a little.

Maybe the Parking Shop people with such enthusiasm for hindrance and red tape could serve the nation better if they were to consider a career change into Immigration and Border Control.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    it`s normal and correct to review things periodically, it`s often how fraud is discovered.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where does the "peril" come in? I can see that the situation is a little irritating - oh well, I suppose "Minor Parking Annoyance" lacks a certain impact as a thread title.