What was your first ever online purchase?

Comments

• Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell can I remember that???!
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A book by John Pilger and a book about conspiracies for Mr Q.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant remember but more then likely a dvd
  • wildwestwaleswildwestwales Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    A shirt from Ron Jon's Surf Shop (One of a Kind) possibly late Ninties. Great exitement when it arrived from America. :)
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought some piracetam in 2001. I'd just worked out that it was perfectly legal to import prescription drugs for personal use, suffice to say it's been pharmaceutical open season ever since.
  • Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 enamel commemorative Yuri Gagarin badges off ebay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I think it was an enamel Disney trading pin off eBay.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    A sex slave off Ebay. She got lost in the post though, so I had to ask for a refund.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    An X-Files box set (VHS) if memory serves.
  • hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Princess Leia bun wig
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A film on VHS from America. Must have been about 1998, and I couldn't even play it.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know....I think it may have been something off EBay....a DVD or something. I dunno really I suppose at the time you don't think it's a big thing. I now do like 70% of my shopping online!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVD - Cytherea - Squirtwoman
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    It was on ebay and it was the summer of 2005...I had one of those cheap argos wedding rings for years and decided to have something more nice so on ebay I bidded on a victorian 22 carat wedding ring and got it for £27 and that was my first online purchase.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I genuinely have no idea. None whatsoever. I cant even remember how long Ive had my cards for and I dont think Ive paid by any other means. Im thinking something from ebay or play.com.

But I dont know.
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can still remember buying something off the internet for the 1st time. It was 98 and I bought a copy of an NFL book that I could get over here but took some finding. Found it on Amazon and seem to recall hovering over the confirm button for about 5 minutes as I had heard concerns about security issues with buying over the internet so was a bit nervous.
    Now I now what to look for with regards dodgy sites I buy all the time without giving it a 2nd thought.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can't really remember, but probably a computer component in the late 90's
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    hallstar wrote: »
    I can still remember buying something off the internet for the 1st time. It was 98 and I bought a copy of an NFL book that I could get over here but took some finding. Found it on Amazon and seem to recall hovering over the confirm button for about 5 minutes as I had heard concerns about security issues with buying over the internet so was a bit nervous.
    Now I now what to look for with regards dodgy sites I buy all the time without giving it a 2nd thought.

Its strange that it "took some finding" but you found it on Amazon. But that was the nature of t'internet back then.

Now Amazon is the first place I go when I want to find something. And I'm sure I'm not alone there. Even if you Google an item, if its listed on Amazon then chances are it will be one of the top sites brought back.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I bought a book from a small company called Amazon in about 1997.

I had been looking for it at several bookshops when a friend suggested this new online bookshop called Amazon. I wonder what ever happened to them?
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morten Harket's latest CD. I didn't even have a CD player at the time so had to copy it on to tape using my Mum's hifi unit in order to listen to it at home.:D
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably something back in the mid nineties
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a wind up torch for when we went camping around 10 years ago now

Got it from ebay and haven't looked back since

to be honest i dont think there is anything around me now that hasnt been brought online!
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Internet Security :p
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Alien Ant Farms Greatest Hits CD :D
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Bitches Brew' double LP by Miles Davis and NoMeansNo's 'You Kill Me' 12" EP from gemm.com back in the late 90s.

Being able to access records from all over the world at the click of a button was a revelation to me and was directly responsible for my quite monstrous credit card bills a few years down the road.