High Disc Usage

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I keep getting pop-ups warning me of High Disc Usage (it appears to be a Norton thing)

I've had 3 in the last half hour - when I click on 'more info' a File insight pop up appears

Can't remember what the first one was for

the second one was for adblock.exe ?

the one I have now is for taskhostex.exe

every time I get one is always says the file is 'reliable, mature, many users, trusted'......and 'no suspicious activity'

So why do I keep getting these warnings ?

The only thing I have open is one window with IE with DS open......I'm not running anything or downloading anything that I'm aware of !

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Go to Settings > Miscellaneous Settings > Performance Monitoring. You have many options, including turning off Performance Monitoring, turning off Performance Alerts, or raising the alert threshold. The best method, however, is to use the Program Exclusions configuration option to exclude the specific games from Performance Monitoring.
    Post 3 here.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks......

not quite sure of the connection with 'games' as I've never played a computer game in my life !

Each alert does have an option to 'don't alert for this file' so I guess I'll just keep ticking that for each one until I've done them all.......

Hopefully it's just an annoyance and not a warning that anything is actually wrong......
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    thanks......

not quite sure of the connection with 'games' as I've never played a computer game in my life !

Each alert does have an option to 'don't alert for this file' so I guess I'll just keep ticking that for each one until I've done them all.......

Hopefully it's just an annoyance and not a warning that anything is actually wrong......

Yes an annoyance, I'd be inclined to switch it off.