Options

Ella Henderson - Chapter One (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,510
Forum Member
✭✭
Ella presents her debut album next month.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_One_%28Ella_Henderson_album%29

The album includes the smash hit Ghost, new single Glow and free download track Hard Work.

I am really looking forward to this

Comments

• Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this is good, however I fear that Ghost may have been a bit of a one hit wonder for her. We've seen so many people from X Factor who have amazing voices, they're hyped up, first single is a hit and then that's it. Think she'll end up like Diana Vickers and Amelia Lilly to be honest.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like she should have brought the release forward and released it 2 weeks after ghost, it seems like she is wasting the momentum she has built up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think Glow is a strong track at all to follow from the amazing Ghost. But then Ghost is still being played and she may prove to be an album seller.
  • Options
    cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glow is a good song but isn't an album promoter. Her album has been acclaimed by critics which should give her a boost. Remember Rebecca Ferguson didn't even have a number one single but her album went double platinum.

Also it is pretty much 100% guaranteed she'll get an X Factor performance to promote the album so all is not lost just yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glow is crappy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glow is crappy

It isn't as good as Ghost but I think the song it's quite interesting.

First of all it has a military marching beat, I don't hear that often in pop music.

And in the lyrics it is mentioned Soldiers Of The Light and as opponent Righteous Tower.

As far as I know it's something like the dispute in mediaeval times between the Righterous Tower (official Curch) and new directions like mystic.

I don't know but could she wanted to make a political statement in our times, ISIS etc. ?
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really unsure how this albums going to go with the delay now, I feel like we could have had Leona's Spirit 2.0* if she released the album after Ghost, but Glow is such a disappointment, so I'm not sure how that will affect peoples' eagerness to buy the album.
    I've listened to some of the other tracks too and none have gripped me as much as Ghost. I'm a 'whole experience' kinda guy though, so I'll have a much better opinion once the album is out officially and I can hear it start to finish. It is promising, but I've not heard anything as strong as Ghost as of yet.

(*in terms of an XF act having a huge single a la Bleeding Love/Run and huge album sales from the single.)
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor performance of Missed = Smash hit.

I actually think Hard Work would have been a better 2nd album.

Glow is a little 'blah'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Album has leaked

and what a stunner it is. This sounds like an album that has been worked been worked on for a few years. It also sounds very grown up that you forget this is an eighteen year singing.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaked? Shit that's not good two weeks before release date
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVING this album. Glow should've stayed as an amazing album track though not a single.

Hard Work would've been a brilliant follow up/diverse/radio friendly track after Ghost
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appreciate Glow more when i heard the whole album but as a single, it doesn't work at all.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Very disappointed. Ghost is amazing and the snippets sounded fantastic, but other than Ghost, only Empire is anything special. Production sounds cheap on a few songs too, I'll still buy it cause I love ella, but I'm very disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing thats always bugged me is the album cover its atrocious! That picture is ridiculous!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it the best album to come from an X Factor act? No. It's not the worst either though and quite easily sits up in the top half with the likes of Spirit, Echo and Overcome.

First Time + Live show performance = hit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Is it the best album to come from an X Factor act? No. It's not the worst either though and quite easily sits up in the top half with the likes of Spirit, Echo and Overcome.

First Time + Live show performance = hit

I think I have it....about 6/7th

Echo, Spirit, Glassheart, Sorry I'm Late, Overcome and Olly Murs' second album all ahead of it for me! Good debut though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't liked many of the albums from XF acts

Only Spirit, Echo, JLS's debut and Rebecca Ferguson's Heaven.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't liked many of the albums from XF acts

Only Spirit, Echo, JLS's debut and Rebecca Ferguson's Heaven.

Oh! I forgot about Rebecca! I dont even associate her with X Factor anymore! Both her albums are better than this!

I feel as though....Ghost, Empire and Glow were obviously planned as singles and about 90% of the albums energy were focused on that. The rest of the album just kinda blurs into the same sound and nothing special. The deluxe tracks add a little, but not much. I've listened a few times now, and still only Ghost and Empire stand out - even then Empire is repetitive!
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't listened to the album as a whole yet, but I really like Ghost and Hard Work. Not to keen on Glow but I quite like it. :)

This is the first time I've considered buying an X Factor contestant's album since Rebecca Ferguson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The deluxe songs spoil the flow of the album. The album works fantastically to open with ghost and to close with missed

But the delxue songs spoil. Billie holliday, i can't work out whether to like it or cringe. The others feel a bit dreary in production but cover the same ground in lyrics in what has been discussed in the songs before hand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well with the very average Glow as second single, I should have expected the album to be as boring as it actually is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The deluxe track Giants sounds like the X Factor winner's single Ella never had and I wouldn't be surprised if Simon didn't pull it out sooner or later for one of the future winner's singles.
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to listen to this, but her honking away over some dreary mid-tempos and ballads is not for me..Its just incredibly, boring. On the flipside, I liked Glow and Empire.

She clearly has plenty of talent for a young girl, hopefully she can break free of Simon Cowell and Syco before they ruin her chances.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glow is a great song I think