John and Olga

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They were fantastic, they had a fantastic partnership, and now they are out of the competition!! I can't believe it! Johns routine was the only one I looked forward to seeing every week and now they are out and at this early stage! And bless him, he took Olga up to the Defrostd studio, no other skater has done that with their partner, he genuinely cares for her, it was so upsetting!! I will be watching GMTV and This Morning to see what the public have to say, hopefully they will mirror the opinions of devastation on this board!!

John and Olga, you were brilliant!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did he really? i didnt watch the defrosted part. Awwwwwwww
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep terrible result the programme will be much less for loosing this partnership
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn’t believe that the judges got rid of them after giving them the amount of points that they did. Totally unfair.

btw I think that he would make a really good superman, did you see him with his glasses on he looks like Clarke Kent, and without superman.
    When I said this to my OH I was accused of fancying him, but I am being deadly serious.

And it is a total shame that he is out of the comp because he defiantly could have won it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to send a message in to GMTV, they have an online form here, and can also be texted on 81189 (they charge 25p for texts, plus usual tariff).

According to JB's official site, he should be on GMTV about 8.20am, and on This Morning around noon, along with Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins. You can email the programme on thismorning@itv.com , or phone their phone room on 0870 333 0550, if you want to leave messages of support or comments.

I'm still really gutted that he was voted off - particularly in light of his highlights reel, which showed comments such as "I'd give you a job tomorrow - you have a real future in ice dance", which haven't exactly been handed out like candy bars to the other contestants! Add to that a tearful judge and a totally gobsmacked Philip Schofield, and it was clearly a shock for all concerned.

This Morning should be particularly interesting viewing - I just wish there was a way they could bring him back on the basis of a viewers' vote back in, but guess I'm still clutching at straws there...
  • quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that address - have emailed them to express my disgust
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I have emailed them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted, my OH couldn't believe how annoyed I was!
    Stefan has been in the skate off more than anyone, and yet john was voted off because his confidence had been knocked. Stupid and irritating. Shan't watch again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have emailed them too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in shock. The show is going to go downhill now without them. I cannot believe it. The 3 judges who saved Stefan are mad, because they gave John more points!!

Last week he fell, it knocked his confidence. But he's a far better skater than Stefan and his previous routines have been outstanding. I may not bother to watch anymore!!!! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know im not gonna bother watching anymore!!! it ws a farce! how in the hell can they give John and Olga such high point earlier then let Stephan go through!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. I'll still watch though actually, lol! I lied!!! Cos I love Sean & Marika!!!! but not as much as John. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in total agreement :eek: Was completely shocked at the judges decision, for all the reasons mentioned above. How could they have knocked John out when he had been consistently in the top three and Stefan constantly in the bottom, total travesty.

Stefan should have gone going on his past performances.
  • quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    They have just had a half hour session on This Morning all about it with John, Jason, Robin, Bonnie there. They also spoke to Gaynor and Stefan in rehearsals and Chris and Jayne.

They really went into things and Phillip said the voting figures changed by only a couple of votes in the last couple of minutes. They told him in his earpiece.

John was obviously gutted and Stefan feels bad about it.

Robin said he had to judge on that second performance alone.

Jason was quite plainspoken and said there are people skating who shouldn't be there, while John should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the same, i'm so upset he's gone, I think John's great and was watching especially for him and now he's gone in week 4:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw it too!! I can't believe there were only a few votes in it!! why did it have to change in that one second?? arghhh!! Keep posting your comments of support for John and Olga as Olga has visited the site and recently the Dancing on Ice post! I was so glad she was here to see our kind remarks and hope that they no that they will be truly missed, it wont be the same without them:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, I taped that this morning. I look forward to going home and watching. I like Jason! Not just because he said that, I always have. Perhaps cos I watched him on Strictly Dance Fever.

I feel bad for Stefan actually. He knows he shouldn't be there.

But I still maintain that Kelly should have left over both of them. I know, national hero and all, but she can't skate!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thank you , thank you , thank you.

I think all your comments are correct , I was so upset when we saw that we had to go in the skate off , i was shocked that the public voting had gone in such a way. I dont think that people voted against us , just that not enough people voted for us , as they thought we were safe after the judges voting. I can tell you that John worked so hard to be a good skater , and he should have gone onto the final , my belief is that he was good enough and dedicated enough to do that.

I can tell you he was a great pleasre to work with , and also all your nice comments are easing the pain of not being there next week.

Lots of Love

Olga S www.olgasharutenko.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you guys and Bonnie & Matt were certain for a place int he final, I was so shocked. I'm amazed at the lack of public votes for you, judging by all the comments on here. The only thing I can think is that the votes were so close it was almost impossible to choose.

Thank you for taking the time to come and talk to us!! I hope you're not too disapointed by the (wrong!) result. Take comfort int he fact that YOU WERE AMAZING AND SHOULD NOT HAVE LEFT!!! :)

Love Cat xxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    thank you , thank you , thank you.

It is so nice to read your comments .

I was also shocked on saturday , when i understood that we had to go into the skate off , Johns performance didnt deserve that , and we were so suprised , especially after the judges voting. I would guess that people didnt vote against ourselves , just not enough voted for us , thinking that we were safe.

I am devastated for John , as he had put so much time and effort in his work , and i believe he had enough talent to go to the final , its such a great shame that it happened that way , as i know we had so much more to give to the competition.

Lots of Love

Olga S www.olgasharutenko.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's just bad luck John was knocked out. Everyone knows it was a mistake, including Stefan. Hopefully ITV have learnt from this and will do something to make sure there's not a screw up with the voting tally again.

I think his fall last week knocked his confidence and his performance was the weakest so far, but he was miles better than a lot of the other contestants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Cat123 wrote:
    I think it's just bad luck John was knocked out. Everyone knows it was a mistake, including Stefan. Hopefully ITV have learnt from this and will do something to make sure there's not a screw up with the voting tally again.

I think his fall last week knocked his confidence and his performance was the weakest so far, but he was miles better than a lot of the other contestants.

Just when I was thinking ITV had actually made a decent programme, their own system screws them over. If you're going to make something like this you surely have to ensure that all parts of the voting process are full proof. I have emailed asking for a breakdown of the public votes etc...doubt I'll get it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched This moring to day, i dont norammly but when i heard John and a few of the others were gonna be there i thought i would as i wanted to see what was said!
    isaw the John did still seem shocked and even got rather annoyed towards Robin which to be honest is very much understandable!!!

i hope maybe somehow we will see John and Olga skating together again as they made such a perfect team!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    I was shocked, and went into quite a dramatic pout that lasted most of Saturday night! How can the judges say they're voting on the performance of the night, when they'd already given John more points? I don't understand! He should have been in the final.

Olga - you were fabulous :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Olga, you were indeed fabulous. Good luck in whatever you are doing next. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I cant belive that the judges voted out jhon cant belive kelly got through