Options

Are there better straighteners than GHDs?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
Hi all, I've been using GHD straighteners for 10 years now, and my current pair keep switching themselves on and off when I'm trying to use them so I think its time for a new pair. I've had these ones for about 4 or 5 years and used them daily so they have served me well.

However, I'm not really sure about other straighteners on the market and whether there are others which are just as good or better for the same amount of money or even less....I'd be a bit wary about trying different ones as I know what I'm getting with GHDs, but would be interested in opinions on other types!

I have a straight bob which has a natural kink in it and if I don't straighten my hair it's an absolute mess!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my GHD and had them 8 years and still going strong. Used a fair few other beforehand and nothing compares
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I love my GHD and had them 8 years and still going strong. Used a fair few other beforehand and nothing compares

That's what I'm thinking Muddipaws, just wondered of others experiences with other types....I reckon I'll go with GHDs again but have hear some people talkking about Cloud Nine straighteners, and even wondered ones made by Babyliss or NIcky Clarke are as good as they can sometimes be about half the price!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hairtools FHIs all the way. Had these for ten years and sadly left my last pair at a hotel never to be retrieved... OH bought me GHDs to replace them and frankly, they're rubbish.

http://www.saloneasy.com/straighteners/fhi.htm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive got some remington ones that are spot on to what the GHDs are like, I had the old style wide ceramic GHDs and they broke down after about 2 years so I tried something else and my remington ones are perfect, I got naturally curly hair and its hard to straighten but these are perfect, they were about £30, if you look further down the board you'll find another thread like this one started about a week or so ago.

Edited to add a link :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792779
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second FHI's. I've also heard about Cloud Nine straightener's and read reviews on them, which are very favourable towards them so I'm guessing they're ok as well.

I always try and read consumer reviews about things I'm interested in as I think they give you an indication of whether item's are decent or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got some cheap Vidal Sassoon ones, I think they were £20, I got them 5 years ago and they are still brilliant. Personally I've found them better than GHD'S and I have very long wavy thick hair. Best for budget anyway.