✭✭✭
    So it ends 1-1 so we've got a point but we needed a win. :(
  • Options
    TankyTanky Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    So it ends 1-1 so we've got a point but we needed a win. :(

With Hull losing their match, it's unlikely for them to win their last 2 games, meaning Newcastle will stay up, if hull get no points from the last 2 games.

Tottenham v Hull
    Hull v Man Utd

Hull needs at least 2 draws and Newcastle without further point, just to be ahead by goal difference.

Newcastle are lucky that Hull self destructed with a Hull 0 - 1 Burnley. However Newcastle will take that with a blessing.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really grateful to Burnley and their win against Hull :D

But as for our own performance that was much more like it! It felt much more like a game at St James's should be! Loud, up for the match and like you don't want to be there if you're the opposition team! We needed it!

We got a bit lucky which we also needed, they hit the post twice and got is again on a set piece!

Great to see a bit of fight in us!

Its between Hull and us then o think to beat the drop! And I have to say... After a nervous 90 minutes I'm much more optimistic! :)
  • Options
    SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I'm really grateful to Burnley and their win against Hull :D

But as for our own performance that was much more like it! It felt much more like a game at St James's should be! Loud, up for the match and like you don't want to be there if you're the opposition team! We needed it!

We got a bit lucky which we also needed, they hit the post twice and got is again on a set piece!

Great to see a bit of fight in us!

Its between Hull and us then o think to beat the drop! And I have to say... After a nervous 90 minutes I'm much more optimistic! :)

You ruling us out? I'm flattered but we have 3 really tough games left.. and if hull pick up just one surprise win?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    You ruling us out? I'm flattered but we have 3 really tough games left.. and if hull pick up just one surprise win?

I'm glad you posted here. You never really fooled me when you said you were definitely going down :D. Or nailed on to lose the last derbies!

Come on now admit it. The games up :D
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    I'm being glass half full, the losing streak is over!
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member

Because Williamson wasn't playing!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well all I'm going to say is Williamson has been part of a time when we did have a solid time defensively in the earlier parts of last season! Seems like another lifetime ago!

However after last night's optimism I'm a bag of nerves again for the rest of this week up to Saturday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you posted here. You never really fooled me when you said you were definitely going down :D. Or nailed on to lose the last derbies!

Come on now admit it. The games up :D

You can't really blame me for saying we were definitely going down.. we were in a total mess just weeks ago. These two wins have shocked me even after last seasons miracle.
    We're still in a really nervy situation. Don't beat Leicester and we're praying for good fortune elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well player Sir but I'm not convinced!

I really do think you're a club that has the knack of getting yourself out of these situations when you have to :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well player Sir but I'm not convinced!

I really do think you're a club that has the knack of getting yourself out of these situations when you have to :)
    i hope you're right

I'd love Hull to drop like
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love to see Marcelo "Madman" Bielsa managing a team in the EPL Ashley should go for him he will be out of contract at Marseille leaving him free to manage a EPL team.

As a club manager he immerses himself completely while preparing for matches, and when it comes to match preparation Bielsa is fanatical.

Bielsa collects and studies hours of film on individual and team play to break down every nuance of his players’ skillsets and how his team has played together. He meticulously drills his players on individual in-game situations and they practice choreographed attacking movements until these movements are memorized. His drills and technique coaching is so specific that he even draws on his boots to show players the perfect location to play the ball. He also prepares for forecasted rain on match day by soaking the practice fields in an attempt to mimic the predicted weather forecast. Before he gives his final prematch talk, he walks the entirety of the pitch, in an attempt to measure the pitch and determine if he needs to adjust his tactics because of the size and condition of the pitch.

Present coaches and former players under Bielsa's command, are heavily influenced by his style of coaching, like Diego Simeone, Mauricio Pochettino, Matías Almeyda and Marcelo Gallardo.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So today's team according to Lee Ryder's Twitter is:

Starting Line Up: Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini (c), Dummett, Gutierrez, Colback, R. Taylor, Sissoko, Cabella, Perez and Riviere.

Subs Bench: Woodman, Anita, Abeid, Gouffran, Aarons, Ameobi and Cisse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So at half-time we are leading 1-0 against QPR.

Riviere with the goal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we can't beat QPR we deserve to go down even if Hull have less points than us :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're now losing 2-1. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So another defeat. >:(:(
  • Options
    TankyTanky Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what happened, I left watching the match before half time and they were 0-1 up, so okay they'll probably win an away game for once, and I come back around the 60 something mark, and WTF they are losing 2-1 :o .

.....sigh,,,, another away game lost, was kinda my prediction from last week and 2 weeks ago.

I know it's bad of me, but I just can't help but laugh at the irony of Riviere, scoring for the first time in the season, only to lose the match. Sorry I meant no offense but it's just comical and you'd wouldn't believe it unless you watched Newcastle play, for them to lose to such a poor side as QPR.

However it's not all gloom, thankfully Hull lost their match and for any chance of them staying up and relegating Newcastle, is to beat Man U. By some good fortune Newcastle can stay up, as it's unlikely for Hull to beat Man U.

It's going to be a thrilling end though, as in football anything can happen and we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have much to add as just saying "we deserve to go down" even if Hull win sums it up!

It's exactly what we do deserve! We are a broken team. We could have sealed safety yesterday and we blew it! Next week will be tense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Love to see Marcelo "Madman" Bielsa managing a team in the EPL Ashley should go for him he will be out of contract at Marseille leaving him free to manage a EPL team.

As a club manager he immerses himself completely while preparing for matches, and when it comes to match preparation Bielsa is fanatical.

Bielsa collects and studies hours of film on individual and team play to break down every nuance of his players’ skillsets and how his team has played together. He meticulously drills his players on individual in-game situations and they practice choreographed attacking movements until these movements are memorized. His drills and technique coaching is so specific that he even draws on his boots to show players the perfect location to play the ball. He also prepares for forecasted rain on match day by soaking the practice fields in an attempt to mimic the predicted weather forecast. Before he gives his final prematch talk, he walks the entirety of the pitch, in an attempt to measure the pitch and determine if he needs to adjust his tactics because of the size and condition of the pitch.

Present coaches and former players under Bielsa's command, are heavily influenced by his style of coaching, like Diego Simeone, Mauricio Pochettino, Matías Almeyda and Marcelo Gallardo.

Sounds like a sensible option! Therefore he won't be on our radar :D
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sums up our season, having to wait til the final, nerve racking match, Fingers crossed but I have a funny feeling Hull might get something out of the Utd game 🙏
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    Sums up our season, having to wait til the final, nerve racking match, Fingers crossed but I have a funny feeling Hull might get something out of the Utd game 🙏

That's a little thing called fear of the worst case scenario :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One thing I don't get is why start Raylor in midfield when Abeid is on the bench!!!!

Oh god, He [Williamson] is back for the West Ham game isn't he. :o:o:cry::o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot about our club at many levels that I "don't get" :/