Options

The late late Mariah show...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How dare Mariah Carey keep the mighty Phillip Schofield waiting, eh? :D

Sitting here twiddling our thumbs waiting for Mariah Carey. la la la laaa
She was also suitably apologetic for being an hour late. And yes .. an entourage greater in number than the population of Denmark

I know that MC has a 'reputation' but IMHO the above seems kinda wrong ....

Comments

• Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turning up late... Stropping because she doesn't like the car... Entourage of hangers on...

Someone really needs to tell her where to go. It's because of sychophants pandering to her, and the likes of Schofield just bitching about it on his twitter and not walking out means her egomaniacal behaviour will continue.
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I am supprised X Factor are having La Carey back again this year after the many complaints about her last year and her pack of hangers on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dare Mariah Carey keep the mighty Phillip Schofield waiting, eh? :D

I know that MC has a 'reputation' but IMHO the above seems kinda wrong ....
    Phillip is a bigger diva then Mariah is, he needs to come out of his closet and stop faking who he is..I can't stand him he is so false

and his reaction to Mariah was so bitchy and catty, he is like a little girl with his bitchy tweets
  • Options
    prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there actually anything inherently wrong with having an entourage? Who knows that other functions she had later in the day.

She really doesn't help the negative image of her by being late! However, I do believe that all the stuff abotu her demanding a candle lit red carpet at a 4am hotel arrival is rubbish - she's always very charming and open in her interviews.

It's very annoying when anyone is late though.
  • Options
    prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I remember when she was on the Richard and Judy show, that Richard said live on air that she arrived with no more than 4 people, was no trouble at all, and that she is nothing like the media portray her.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    When you need someone to help you along simply because of the ridiculous style of shoe you wear, you know you've become a prima donna.
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    There's quite an infamous photo of Mariah drinking through a straw as one of her assistants holds it for her. She wasn't ill or injured and they were in a public place - that was astonishing I must say. The assistant didn't look too happy so I hope her salary was worth it. And she's joked about it on American television, bless her. So regardless of how many in the entourage, she has done some things over the years that beggar belief, as have others in the public eye.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Carey is one of the most notorious divas around, but Pip Schofield's obsession with Twitter is ludicrous.

Posting Smart Alec remarks (and pictures) every five minutes just makes him look like the wally.

The whole Twitter thing just seems incredibly pretentious, IMO. I think the increasingly irate Schofe is getting carried away with his 'status' as one of the site's regular users.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »

Posting Smart Alec remarks (and pictures) every five minutes just makes him look like the wally.

..that's what I thought..:) ^
    [& how old is Schofield exactly ? :confused:]

Just as well Mariah didn't bump into Phil and his trusty Blackberry on this occasion v v

Mariah Carey's demands for 20 white kittens blocked by health and safety

Health and safety officials have turned down Mariah Carey's request to be surrounded by 20 white kittens and 100 white doves as she turns on Westfield shopping centre's Christmas lights.

She said: "I had my team with me but the pups had a mini-entourage of their own, of course! And why wouldn't they? It was a big shoot and even my entourage had an entourage – my stylist had an assistant, my security had extra security.

..sorry, but I couldn't help laughing..... MC appears to be having a great time taking the pi$$ completely :D
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes a spoilt woman with a totally inflated idea of her talent. Someone should call her bluff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they even bother interviewing her. Typical vaccuous spoilt celeb.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    The whole Twitter thing just seems incredibly pretentious, IMO. I think the increasingly irate Schofe is getting carried away with his 'status' as one of the site's regular users.

I have to admit the whole Twitter thing passes me by. I honestly don't get the point of it at all and think all the main ones who are known for tweeting look smug.

I do think Mariah is a tw*t though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe all the diva demands that get reported but I do think she's as batty as a box of frogs and I like her for it!
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm the tabloids have a field day everytime Mariah comes over here. The stories they make up are ridiculus. It's funny how we never hear any of these Diva stories about her in the US.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..that's what I thought..:) ^
    [& how old is Schofield exactly ? :confused:]

Just as well Mariah didn't bump into Phil and his trusty Blackberry on this occasion v v

He's 47. Apparently!!

God forbid anybody should stand in the way of Schofe and his militarian Twitter habit!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    newwoman wrote: »
    I have to admit the whole Twitter thing passes me by. I honestly don't get the point of it at all and think all the main ones who are known for tweeting look smug.

I do think Mariah is a tw*t though

As a creative I use Twitter to network with other artists and writers and have found it very beneficial to my work. Few of my tweets are anything other than project and industry related and the same for the people i follow.

I gave up on following most celebs. Very few of them interact with anyone other than fellow celes and most have absolutely nothing of interest to say for themselves - especially the ones bandied about so much in the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm the tabloids have a field day everytime Mariah comes over here. The stories they make up are ridiculus. It's funny how we never hear any of these Diva stories about her in the US.

You do get reports of her insanity from back home - you just have watch certain programmes and read particular magazines. And there is the Internet.... Plenty there. She's also done a couple of profile things that didn't do her any favours either.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    You do get reports of her insanity from back home - you just have watch certain programmes and read particular magazines. And there is the Internet.... Plenty there. She's also done a couple of profile things that didn't do her any favours either.

Insanity yes. Diva no.

Well im going to meet her later on this evening. So we will see what she is really like:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Insanity yes. Diva no.

Well im going to meet her later on this evening. So we will see what she is really like:D

I think Diva is an misused word.

She was a neighbour back home in NYC and generally pleasant the few times we crossed paths.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Schofield ... is he challenging Fry for the Twitter crown? :yawn:

So, do we think it's true about the 20 white kittens?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree about Schofield ... is he challenging Fry for the Twitter crown? :yawn:

So, do we think it's true about the 20 white kittens?

I find that very hard to believe until Smoking Gun publishes the rider.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Carey may be slightly loopy but is rarely reported as rude or nasty to people and often seems to be more fun and self-mocking than she is sometimes given credit for.

Just by comparison there is a story here about overhyped nano-talent Robin Rihanna Fenty allegedly being unconscionably rude because she had to wait almost minutes for her driver to pick her up.

Now that is 'diva' behaviour more worthy of criticism than the supposed "away with the faeries" rider requirements of Mariah Carey, IMHO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    Carey may be slightly loopy but is rarely reported as rude or nasty to people and often seems to be more fun and self-mocking than she is sometimes given credit for.

Just by comparison there is a story here about overhyped nano-talent Robin Rihanna Fenty allegedly being unconscionably rude because she had to wait almost minutes for her driver to pick her up.

Now that is 'diva' behaviour more worthy of criticism than the supposed "away with the faeries" rider requirements of Mariah Carey, IMHO.

completely agree.
  • Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil on Mariah
    Nope @carolineryan1 that's not us. Mariah didn't make any demands at all and wasn't in long enough to need any 'paper'.
    Mariah's interview goes out on Thursday, and I stress that there was no 'rant'!! She apologised for being late, was lovely to interview
    and her singing was amazing! She's welcome back at any time, with or without her own toilet paper!
    @candylite She chatted for about 10 mins
    @MegAppleford Well I was standing in the studio and it was pretty damn live!