Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the dad has been in please, it is driving me mad

Was he one of those models in Price is Right?

Anyone know who voices the Burger King Merry Cheesemas advert? Surely no-one speaks like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Marisota think that having Coleen Nolan as front woman for their range will help sell their stuff, I think not

Quite,she,s not really someone a lot of ladies aspire to look like I imagne.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That stupid coffee advert with the telesales blokes, going on about "rooostin' birds" I just want to punch them in the face everytime it comes on.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EIwood wrote: »
    That stupid coffee advert with the telesales blokes, going on about "rooostin' birds" I just want to punch them in the face everytime it comes on.

I still can't work out what sort of accent he's supposed to have.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    The guilt trip charity ads basically accusing me of killing children if I dont cough up.

Yes :mad:
    Danno2020 wrote: »
    Oh I hate that advert too! "This year we took SOOO many pictures... so let's print a mere 12 of them and make a calendar!" - wouldn't a scrapbook or photo album be a better choice, if you've taken so many pictures? Idiots.

Pedantic I know, but still, it bugs me.

Why do they pick such boring photos too! I loved the old ad, with the grandparents opening their pressie to find it was the Prontaprint Calendar! "ooh lovely" said through gritted teeth.:D

A new one, just seen pm Sky News break, Kerala Tourism, it is just :eek:

http://youtu.be/7kXwtRHHhY0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me what the dad has been in please, it is driving me mad

I have actually answered my own question, he is in the Transform for plastic surgery advert that has suddenly reappeared. He must be proud and while I am here
    [highlight]GO AWAY HOLLY WILLOUGHBY[/highlight] it seems as if she is the voiceover for so many adverts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have actually answered my own question, he is in the Transform for plastic surgery advert that has suddenly reappeared. He must be proud and while I am here
    [highlight]GO AWAY HOLLY WILLOUGHBY[/highlight] it seems as if she is the voiceover for so many adverts

Adverts, TV shows...she's everywhere :mad:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salvation Army - Piss off with the emotional blackmail! If I want to donate then I will do it when I WANT to and not because of some soppy advert telling me to. :mad:
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love Holly. She is beautiful.
    I love it in the advert when she says "Oral" !! :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    She's a working mum (according to the windows phone ad) and needs the money :rolleyes:
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Halloween ad is still on!

Maybe BT blew the Budget on that advert (especially on the boys "Mummy costume" :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    She's a working mum (according to the windows phone ad) and needs the money :rolleyes:

Yes like hell, even my husband has noticed and for him to notice speaks volumes
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Tesco adverts.
    The music isnt even Christmassy :mad:
    The Gambling 32 Red Advert
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva Longoria doing that stoopid dance in that annoying "Sheba" catfood ad.
    "Camana ma house, ma house acaman...Camana ma house, ma house acaman..." :mad:
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Hmm - I can see that this one would be annoying, especially when you consider that the track itself is very much a novelty song...

Rosemary Clooney released it initially - produced by Mitch Miller - very much the Simon Cowell of his time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_on-a_My_House
    Clooney's original - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mriXncI96lw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »

Oh is that who it is ?
    I think she is meant to be moving in a 'feline' way ?
    Very sexy woman though !
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guilt-tripping charity ads certainly seem to be migrating from daytime TV to the more primetime hours. I bet that costs them more...
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Tesco adverts.
    The music isnt even Christmassy
    :mad:

I noticed they used Mambo No.5 to advertise tangerines before :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get Michael Buble adverts OFF NOW.
    I can't stand him, or his "make up the tune as you go along" style.
    Well, I SAY "tune" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Tesco adverts.
    The music isnt even Christmassy :mad:

Agree its like its on every five minutes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    The guilt-tripping charity ads certainly seem to be migrating from daytime TV to the more primetime hours. I bet that costs them more...

The ads about starving children always seem to be on during teatime aswell
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please can somebody tell BT Halloween was f*cking weeks ago now. It's doing my head in!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ads about starving children always seem to be on during teatime aswell

It's taking the piss that in this day where countries like ours are interfering with other countries on numerous issues, that we are still to believe they can't do anything about people starving. :rolleyes: And they want us, out of what we have left after being taxed & robbed, to feel bad & sort it out ourselves.

All the ads are boring now. They used to be funny/entertaining but they are just soooooo dull now. Are they paying people for coming up with this dross?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the charity ad's as such as I do think we should help out where we can which is why about 30% of my pay goes on Direct Debts I have set up for charity's everything from 3rd world kids to dogs who need operations
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Halloween ad is still on!

Maybe BT blew the Budget on that advert (especially on the boys "Mummy costume" :D)

The way things are going I's starting to worry that the Christmas advert won't appear until Easter.
This discussion has been closed.