Options

Alcoholics, gamblers, smokers. Who to blame?

Comments

• Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But there isn't. Alcohol is a drug...
    So is Caffeine found in both tea and coffee. The drugs which the OP was referring to was hard drugs, ie heroin. Winehouse had been off heroin at the time of her death.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    So is Caffeine found in both tea and coffee. The drugs OP was referring to was hard drugs such as heroin. Winehouse had been off heroin at the time of her death.

A drug is a drug. THere are no categories of "proper drugs" and "drugs by name".
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    None of your responses make any sense.

I've posted 2, well 3 replys on this thread now and they don't make sense? They don't make sense to you? Or in general they don't make sense?

Sorry i'm extremely confused :confused:
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Alcohol is the worse 'drug' of them all imo.

Ah, now I get it ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm extremely confused :confused:

I know :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A drug is a drug. THere are no categories of "proper drugs" and "drugs by name".
    Well if you wish to categorise them as such that makes us all 'druggies' as during our lifetime at least 99.9% of us will be taking some kind of 'drug' by using your definition.

Yourself included.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, now I get it ;)

Awwww you got there :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLIgjB9gGw

Party up! Woooowhoooooo :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know :p

You didn't quote the question, just my view :eek:

"woooooowhhhhoooooooo" ;):p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Culture. Lax parenting. Inadequate education.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awwww you got there :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLIgjB9gGw

Party up! Woooowhoooooo :cool:

I was thinking more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5pdd7xHNI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you wish to categorise them as such that makes us all 'druggies' as during our lifetime at least 99.9% of us will be taking some kind of 'drug' by using your definition.

Yourself included.

What the heck!?

When have I said druggies???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5pdd7xHNI

Oh stop it you, flirt :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I consider alcohol a "drug".

Yes, it is, but here, you're being deliberately obtuse.

You know what people mean when they say 'drugs,'

They'd mean drugs, not alcohol. if you had an alcohol addiction, you wouldn't be described as a 'drug addict' you'd be an 'alcoholic.'

Why are you arguing over this?
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    If someone came to me, told me they had a drug addiction then said their drug of choice was alcoholism. I wouldn't think "...Not a drug"

That's not really the point though.

The point is that it's more accurate to describe alcohol as, erm, "alcohol" rather than just refering to it as "a drug".

To refer to alcohol as "a drug" is rather obtuse even though it is technically correct.

By the same token, you might as well try to suggest that a person who is shot was harmed by "drugs" since the bullet was fired by a chemical compound and the bullet, itself, is also a chemical compound.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So, do you ever go out and get drunk, or just stay in? Staying in is boring :( I'm only in because I've had a busy week, girlfriend is at a comedy night, brother is out with his younger friends, I don't want to mix with, friends are all with their girlfriends...

And no, not that Jay-Z song please. I can tolerate 99 problems, that's about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, do you ever go out and get drunk, or just stay in? Staying in is boring :( I'm only in because I've had a busy week, girlfriend is at a comedy night, brother is out with his younger friends, I don't want to mix with, friends are all with their girlfriends...

And no, not that Jay-Z song please. I can tolerate 99 problems, that's about it.

I stay in and drink, of course. I have no friends. DS is my life, i mean look at all the posts i've accumulated over a short period of time?

The only contact on a friday i have is with the takeaway delivery guy. Highlight of the week, i must admit.

Well then hun in that case, trust me i have "99 problems" but you certainly ain't one of them.

Arrivaderci :p
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stay in and drink, of course. I have no friends. DS is my life, i mean look at all the posts i've accumulated over a short period of time?

The only contact on a friday i have is with the takeaway delivery guy. Highlight of the week, i must admit.

Well then hun in that case, trust me i have "99 problems" but you certainly ain't one of them.

Awww Joe, that's quite a sad post. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the heck!?

When have I said druggies???
    You use the term 'drugs' to categorise everything as in this statement;
    As for 'proper drugs' and 'drugs by name', i'm not sure what on earth you are trying to say. You already stated 'a drug is a drug'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You use the term 'drugs' to categorise everything as in this statement;As for 'proper drugs' and 'drugs by name', i'm not sure what on earth you are trying to say. You already stated 'a drug is a drug'.

Yes...But when did I say "druggies"? =/

Having been an addict myself, I would never play it down like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have "99 problems" but you certainly ain't one of them.

Why do you take everything so personally? Ever thought of just being a little bit cooler? It's like you're really uptight all the time, honestly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes...But when did I say "druggies"?
    Why do I have to keep repeating my own posts to you? Can't you read them for yourself? :confused:

I stated;

Enjoy your morning 'drug' in a cup when you wake up tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do I have to keep repeating my own posts to you? Can't you read them for yourself? :confused:

I stated;

Enjoy your morning 'drug' in a cup when you wake up tomorrow.

You think because I see alcohol as a drug, I use the term "druggies"? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think because I see alcohol as a drug, I use the term "druggies"? :confused:
    This is the final and last time. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I stated;
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think addiction is genetic. I don't think any addict can take responsibility really. They are doing what they are doing to cope at the time.

It's all very well to blame them and say it's your fault. But do you really think that anyone would chose to be in such a desperate and dark place as addiction if they could?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the final and last time. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I stated;

Yes...Yes you did...But your quote doesn't back up your point.