Question about a bedroom tv

I'm looking at getting tv for my bedroom soon, the one i've seen is the Samsung 22ES5400. Now i've seen reviews on the sound not being great on it. Would be able to use a pair desktop usb speakers i've got, on it?

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has a headphone socket so buy a pair of speakers with the standard 3.5 jack.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5299483.htm bigger, cheaper and with good reviews.
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    It has a headphone socket so buy a pair of speakers with the standard 3.5 jack.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5299483.htm bigger, cheaper and with good reviews.

If you read my post you would have seen I already have a set of desktop usb speakers, I was asking they would work on that tv.
    I should have said the usb speakers i've still 3.5mm cable, but they get the power from the usb cable.

Far to big for my bedroom, and doesn't have the smart tv features that I want from the Samsung.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    You can't connect your USB speakers to this TV. You'll have to take the powered speakers route via the headphone socket, or install surround sound via the optical out. I suppose you could use the Scart and connect that to a stereo amp.

Which? have rated this TV a Best Buy and this is their verdict on the sound quality. 'Sound quality isn't particularly good, but it's about par for a small set. Overall sound clarity is lacking, while high frequency sounds often sound unnatural. Dialogue can also sound harsh and unpleasant. We've heard worse, though.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evil c wrote: »
    You can't connect your USB speakers to this TV. You'll have to take the powered speakers route via the headphone socket, or install surround sound via the optical out. I suppose you could use the Scart and connect that to a stereo amp.

Which? have rated this TV a Best Buy and this is their verdict on the sound quality. 'Sound quality isn't particularly good, but it's about par for a small set. Overall sound clarity is lacking, while high frequency sounds often sound unnatural. Dialogue can also sound harsh and unpleasant. We've heard worse, though.'

They take audio from the 3.5mm jack, the usb is for the power.
  • MindeeMindee Posts: 22,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're intent on using your USB powered speakers, I've done the same with mine on a small TV by using >this<.

Much better to get a pair of desktop speakers with mains amplifier built in though.

Make sure it's 1000mA.......or you'll have problems.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossby41 wrote: »
    They take audio from the 3.5mm jack, the usb is for the power.
    It might have helped if you'd described the speaker connections like this in the first place.

evil c's suggestion was correct in the context of your original post. USB-only wouldn't have worked. The TV isn't a computer and wouldn't have been able to understand what to do with a USB-only connection for the speakers.

Since you have now described the connections a bit more accurately then go with Mindee's solution. It's simpler and safer. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might have helped if you'd described the speaker connections like this in the first place.

Sorry about that.