CS Izzy needs to be axed NOW!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Izzy. She's so annoying and wrong with her self righteousness that it makes her likeable. I tune in to relish in her PAIN! Just like with Fizz..Tyrone..Sean... when they do something stupid and ridiculous. We need characters like that otherwise it would all be fluffy kittens.

On another note....wtf was we meant to learn from this storyline!? Seriously, what was the point of it if only for her to do a bad trip...get banged up and do hard time which we rightly deserves for running over that copper with her two ton wheelchair.
  • Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    I like Izzy. She's so annoying and wrong with her self righteousness that it makes her likeable. I tune in to relish in her PAIN! Just like with Fizz..Tyrone..Sean... when they do something stupid and ridiculous. We need characters like that otherwise it would all be fluffy kittens.

On another note....wtf was we meant to learn from this storyline!? Seriously, what was the point of it if only for her to do a bad trip...get banged up and do hard time which we rightly deserves for running over that copper with her two ton wheelchair.

I think we were meant to feel sorry for her, but due to her behaviour no one cares, also if she is found guilty of ABH, she will be looking at a very long time in real life, because it was a police officer.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She ticks a box, we've got an Asian family, a mixed race mechanic, lesbians and gays, a Downs syndrome and a wheelchair, all boxes ticked, we haven't got any East European migrants.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible actress playing a completely empty character.

As a character, Izzy has as much colour as a dried blob of vanilla ice cream on magnolia paint in a room lit by a 20 watt bulb.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    She ticks a box, we've got an Asian family, a mixed race mechanic, lesbians and gays, a Downs syndrome and a wheelchair, all boxes ticked, we haven't got any East European migrants.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is true. I guess part of me doesn't really want to accept that Corrie would go down the line of box ticking, but when you look at the current crop of terrible characters it really looks that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus89 wrote: »
    I think we were meant to feel sorry for her, but due to her behaviour no one cares, also if she is found guilty of ABH, she will be looking at a very long time in real life, because it was a police officer.

I've had zero sympathy for her in this storyline even how the writers made the devils lettuce into some sort of dark evil when Izzy had her bad trip. Her and Gary have done everything wrong in this storyline.

She gave all that nonsense about me pain...ME PAIN!!! But now she's broken the metatarsal of a coppers foot. What about his pain?!

lol selfish dumb cow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had zero sympathy for her in this storyline even how the writers made the devils lettuce into some sort of dark evil when Izzy had her bad trip. Her and Gary have done everything wrong in this storyline.

She gave all that nonsense about me pain...ME PAIN!!! But now she's broken the metatarsal of a coppers foot. What about his pain?!

lol selfish dumb cow.

Yes this poor bloke who she has refused to say sorry too,is in just as much pain as her right now. She needs locking up quickly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this poor bloke who she has refused to say sorry too,is in just as much pain as her right now. She needs locking up quickly!

Poor guy had to come all the way to court on crutches only to see the perp gloating in court...SMH...

She deffo needs locking up...in the deepest darkest hole at Broadmoor Hospital.
  • AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't make my mind up if she is a really bad actress or just spouting from a really bad script. Probably both.

What I find even worse is that the actress has the same condition in real life. So if anyone could make a case for legalising cannabis then surely she is the one. There was about 10 seconds during her monologue in court when I felt she was speaking from the heart. Then she starting the shouting and gurning again.

And could someone explain to me why she wheeled herself in clutching the luminous pink bag like a comfort blanket. As a defendant, are you allowed to take your bags into court with you. I have only ever been in court as a juror and I am sure we left our coats and bags in the locked jurors' room.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have no problem with that.

Izzy is annoying though (but not on the same scale, to me, as the likes of Tracy).
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    In Izzy's defence (can't believe I'm saying this...), the storyline has been a right shambles. Why the hell would the police get so worked up about a disabled human being taking cannabis when they would just give her a caution and that's that.

The police officer who got his toe trampled on had that coming. Very patronising, regardless if the actress who plays Izzy is terrible or not.

Moreover, it's a shame the actress needs to lay on a fake accent thick..........when she was on Channel 4 debating to an MP it was brilliant stuff. On Corrie she's a right caricature.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said, valkay, it is all about box-ticking.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well said, valkay, it is all about box-ticking.

Hardly.

Perhaps they auditioned people for the role and changed the character once they met cherry Lee.

The box ticking accusations are annoying. It's like it's seen As a bad thing to have people in a wheelchair on a show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about box ticking?
    But what I do know is this storyline is rubbish along with the actress, and her disability does not come into this, yes I know it linked to her disability, but this is about how much power the storyline has behind it, and that is none at all. The only thing this storyline has done is show shit Corrie has become!
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol selfish dumb cow.

Maybe that police officer would be more understanding now. He might need cannibis to soothe his pain! :D
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    The more I think about it, the more I think that this is true. I guess part of me doesn't really want to accept that Corrie would go down the line of box ticking, but when you look at the current crop of terrible characters it really looks that way.

Make Alya a lesbian - add one car crash and a quick mechanic course = numerous boxes ticked. Now we can axe Caz, Sophie, Luke and Izzy
  • James_LanganJames_Langan Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Izzy's defence (can't believe I'm saying this...), the storyline has been a right shambles. Why the hell would the police get so worked up about a disabled human being taking cannabis when they would just give her a caution and that's that.

The police officer who got his toe trampled on had that coming. Very patronising, regardless if the actress who plays Izzy is terrible or not.

Moreover, it's a shame the actress needs to lay on a fake accent thick..........when she was on Channel 4 debating to an MP it was brilliant stuff. On Corrie she's a right caricature.

So he deserved it. This is nothing more than outrageous victim blaming and has no place on social media or on forums such as this.
  • BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    She ticks a box, we've got an Asian family, a mixed race mechanic, lesbians and gays, a Down syndrome and a wheelchair, all boxes ticked, we haven't got any East European migrants.

'A Down syndrome'??

There is no 'down syndrome', there is a character with down syndrome - you can't define a person by a condition they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'A Down syndrome'??

There is no 'down syndrome', there is a character with down syndrome - you can't define a person by a condition they have.

Also " and a wheelchair".
    Not going to lie I laughed at this:D
    In a plot twist there is nobody in the wheelchair and it moves by itself :o
    Gotta be better than the rubbish they are showing us right now:D:D
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member

To be honest all the soaps are guilty of box ticking, certainly the ones I watch are, EE, ED and Corrie you look at the characters in each one they all have their tokens to portray certain sectors of society.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly.

Perhaps they auditioned people for the role and changed the character once they met cherry Lee.

The box ticking accusations are annoying. It's like it's seen As a bad thing to have people in a wheelchair on a show.

The disability issue is interesting, Sorcha; but we seem to have every issue in society covered, and that is unrealistic in one street and doesn't make for good entertainment..
  • BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Also " and a wheelchair".
    Not going to lie I laughed at this:D
    In a plot twist there is nobody in the wheelchair and it moves by itself :o
    Gotta be better than the rubbish they are showing us right now:D:D

Well to be fair, the wheelchair is much more convincing in their role than Sherry Lee😁