No lockups tonight

tejaytejay Posts: 284
Forum Member
After having 6 lockups last night, more than I have had since I bought my 9200 back in November, I have not had any tonight this may indicate that this is an ITV issue and not the 9200, but in saying that I have had no lockups on my 8000T at all ? any ideas?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    tejay wrote:
    After having 6 lockups last night, more than I have had since I bought my 9200 back in November, I have not had any tonight this may indicate that this is an ITV issue and not the 9200, but in saying that I have had no lockups on my 8000T at all ? any ideas?
    Ive posted a reply from ITV regarding these lockups.
    From what they say it could be a problem with Teletext doing something different that causes a problem with our machine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tejay wrote:

The bits in the broadcast that exposes the flaw in the Humax MHEG engine are not on contantly all the time but can be cronic at other times. Hense why some of us got lockups last night on MUX2 channels and today and this evening none at all. I'm faily sure another cronic spate will no doubt happen again with sparodic reports in between times. We dont know if this cronic spate on MUX2 channels is over or has another 3 week on and off to go. Hopefully the next MHEG fix will sort this out once and for all eh
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    The bits in the broadcast that exposes the flaw in the Humax MHEG engine are not on contantly all the time but can be cronic at other times. Hense why some of us got lockups last night on MUX2 channels and today and this evening none at all. I'm faily sure another cronic spate will no doubt happen again with sparodic reports in between times. We dont know if this cronic spate on MUX2 channels is over or has another 3 week on and off to go. Hopefully the next MHEG fix will sort this out once and for all eh
    Lets hope so.
    As far as im concerned Freeveiew is still in a testing faze of sorts and until switch off all of the freeview braodcasters etc will be trying different things to make things better, but will cause problems for us all.
    Lets just hope that Humax can run a stable program that will not affect our viewing while these changes keep taking place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yes i had about 5 or 6 lock ups on Monday 10th one after the other while whatching ITV which i thought was very strange. I have had lock ups in the past but not this frequent, maybe it is an ITV problem and that they have sorted it out as i havent had any problems since. That could also have something to do with the new software which i installed from the Humax site. All seems well since doing this..... i have my fingers crossed.