Using Google Play Music - HOW STUPID CAN IT BE !

2»

Comments

• finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow is all I can say about this thread. There are some bright people on here.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Er, when I buy a song from Google Music on my phone, it's also playable on my PC when I turn it ion

Yes but its not on the phone as such - you dont "own" it - its in the cloud and streams over the web. = need to be connected = some might have to keep an eye on data use.

There is a pin-to option but that saves the file on the phone as a obscure file hidden away which is no good.

You cant physically download the album or mp3 to the music folder for ease so you can play it on your popper music player or music app.

You have to physically download it on the PC. Only then can you copy it/them to your music folder on the PC and Phone.

Its all way too complicated.

What is also stupid is the android file system thats supposed to make life easy means every app downloads to its own obscure location ! ! - not one single music folder.
    Therefore other players cant sometimes see or find the files.

Big mess if you ask me. This fragmented / fractured approach sums up Android still.

With iTunes it was on the phone and the PC as a physical file with easy management for storage locations etc all in one place. Other music apps would also download to the same location for itunes sync.

And why is my album art all pixelated ! :mad:
  • springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Just like to say, which is kinda related... Google Music All Access is now live in the UK :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *** GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC IS ON YOUR PHONE *** inside "Android -google. music - files.

The files are named by numbers eg: 5985.mp3 simply press & hold then "copy/share" to... wherever up want
    STOP CONFUSING THE ISSUE.