What the hell is wrong with this country! (RE: Russel Brand/Johnathan Ross)

Comments

• sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is totally out of hand now surely?

The pair of them - renowned for their puerile and juvenile 'humour' - made stupid phone calls to an actor most of us had forgotten even existed. As has been established by the young woman about whom the calls were made, the comments were factual; she has, indeed, slept with Russell Brand.

The show, when broadcast, apparently elicited 2 complaints, neither of them about the phone calls. As far as we know, neither Mr Sachs nor his grandaughter was either of the complainants either at the time or subsequently.

The whole shebang apparently kicked off when that doyen of righteous indignation (and hater of all things BBC which it perceives to be full of the Leftie/Trotskyite/Marxist rabble) the Daily Mail, picked up on it.

Half of the country now appears to be complaining about something they never heard in the first place but know a real cool bandwagon to jump on and it's now passing by their street !!

Yes - the phone calls were stupid, infantile and crass in the extreme (adjectives which I would also use to describe their originators) and a severe rollicking by their bosses and grovelling apologies were surely the order of the day. Suspension without pay for 'misusing licence payers money' - yep, I could go with that but this has now entered the realm of the ludicrous.

So what do we wait for now then? The stocks to be set up? A guillotine to be erected in Parliament Square, plenty of wool and get those knitting needles out? Give me strength.

Hopefully 'aspiring model' Georgina will be able to put all this (unwanted surely?) publicity behind her and carry on living her life as before, where no-one had never heard of her, her fetish website or her modelling ambitions. Leave the girl alone, she deserves her privacy now. ;)

posted in showbiz forum and reproduced here
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sancheeez wrote: »
    Get a grip.

We're talking a good old fashioned punch up in a car park type thing here. Not declaring jihad against Radio 2! :rolleyes:

Neither am I (an animal), but there are some things that warrant a slapping, and coming out with stuff like that is up there.

PS ..... Was it Ross that came out with those comments was it? Can't say I've paid too much attention to this to be honest. I don't like either of them and they were both out of order .... big style. Wonder if they'd have made the same sort of comments if it had been, say, Hulk Hogan instead?

Pair of gutless arseholes.

right. surely you would have to know what was going on or what actually happened to even label them as "out of order", which you just admitted you dont....that doesnt form a credible argument does it. I imagine most the people who rang ofcom are in the same boat.
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    sionnaigh wrote: »

The pair of them - renowned for their puerile and juvenile 'humour' - made stupid phone calls to an actor most of us had forgotten even existed. As has been established by the young woman about whom the calls were made, the comments were factual; she has, indeed, slept with Russell Brand.

The show, when broadcast, apparently elicited 2 complaints, neither of them about the phone calls. As far as we know, neither Mr Sachs nor his grandaughter was either of the complainants either at the time or subsequently.

The whole shebang apparently kicked off when that doyen of righteous indignation (and hater of all things BBC which it perceives to be full of the Leftie/Trotskyite/Marxist rabble) the Daily Mail, picked up on it.

Half of the country now appears to be complaining about something they never heard in the first place but know a real cool bandwagon to jump on and it's now passing by their street !!

Yes - the phone calls were stupid, infantile and crass in the extreme (adjectives which I would also use to describe their originators) and a severe rollicking by their bosses and grovelling apologies were surely the order of the day. Suspension without pay for 'misusing licence payers money' - yep, I could go with that but this has now entered the realm of the ludicrous.

So what do we wait for now then? The stocks to be set up? A guillotine to be erected in Parliament Square, plenty of wool and get those knitting needles out? Give me strength.

Hopefully 'aspiring model' Georgina will be able to put all this (unwanted surely?) publicity behind her and carry on living her life as before, where no-one had never heard of her, her fetish website or her modelling ambitions. Leave the girl alone, she deserves her privacy now.

posted in showbiz thread and reproduced here

Well done you if only there were 27,000 more like you!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woofer3 wrote: »
    I just knew you'd be well up on this stuff.

no you didnt, you dont even know why you said it in the first place to be honest. Probably the logic of someone who watches kids tv

except im not being serious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just about JR and RB it's about taking a stand against falling standards on tv and radio.

It's also about viewers and listeners feeling that £6 mil of licence payers money a year is being wasted on a buffoon.

This one incident is what was needed to vent their anger and I'm glad they have.

The people have spoken.

No Wossy you can't do whatever you want.

Hurrah.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Jerry Lee Lewis once.

Which has reminded me that Jerry Lewis, the comedian, has caused a bit of trouble in the broadcast world too.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a133814/lewiss-gay-slur-causes-outrage.html

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hDUTE1oK_OTArFzNiX9X5sZSxIMgD94197R02
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just about JR and RB it's about taking a stand against falling standards on tv.

It's also about viewers and listeners feeling that £6 mil of licence payers money a year is being wasted on a buffoon.

This one incident is what was needed to vent their anger and I'm glad they have.

The people have spoken.

Hurrah.

irrespective of the fact this wasnt on TV, would you care to eloborate on these falling standards? The only falling standards i see are the endless talent and celebrity shows we have to endure, which has nothing to do with the topic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course you can't see it.

You are the younger generation.

You think vulgarity is good it's not your fault you don't know any different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _jbaw_ wrote: »
    no you didnt, you dont even know why you said it in the first place to be honest. Probably the logic of someone who watches kids tv

except im not being serious

I wasn't even replying to you. Still I expect you're right, whatever you're talking about.
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, man, we're getting beautifully patronised tonight :D Must mean we're winning the argument...

Us young 'uns with our vulgarity.

Like Billy Connolly and Roy Chubby Brown and Monty Python.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just knew you'd be well up on this stuff.
    Heh. Is that supposed to be an insult?

Can you honestly not think of any reasons why an educated adult might know what's going on with children's TV?
  • phelings3phelings3 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    "The aspiring model also threatened that she could make an official complaint to police, but admitted she had slept with Brand."

The quote comes from AOL.

In light of that I wonder what the publicity seeking Max Clifford client is actually moaning about.

She shagged Brand so it was not a lie.

Ungentlemanly to reveal it on radio agreed- but hardly against broadcasting regulations .

The fact she is cashing in with newspaper stories says it all really - and she has the mugs who complained to thank for her free publicity that no money could ever have bought
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy Connolly can be funny he has talent, JR and RB can't they are just morons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holbob wrote: »
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why people should get a life.

Says someone who has nothing better to do than post on DS.:)
  • mistrimistri Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are very talented. They go over the top sometimes, but that is partly why they have been so successful. I can't believe this has been made into such a big deal.

It was very silly of them to do it, but Russell Brand had slept with the granddaughter! And Sachs had been due to appear on the show, I believe, so it's not as if ringing him was totally random.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »

Hopefully 'aspiring model' Georgina will be able to put all this (unwanted surely?) publicity behind her and carry on living her life as before, where no-one had never heard of her, her fetish website or her modelling ambitions. Leave the girl alone, she deserves her privacy now. ;)

posted in showbiz forum and reproduced here

Soon to be syndicated on worldwide TV!:)
  • phelings3phelings3 Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    sebright wrote: »
    Says someone who has nothing better to do than post on DS.:)

While posting on forums is definite ammunition for those who want us to "get a life" I think its way behind those morons who actually phone the POLICE to complain about broadcasting - whether it be Big Brother or this radio stuff.

Those people really do need to find something more important to worry about
  • lillyoolillyoo Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Jerry Lee Lewis once.

I haven't seen him for years but I would wager a bet that all the people caling him vile and unfunny would fall for his charm within 5 minutes of being in his company, especially the women ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is this an assumption your making? i dont know any better? i know plenty about morality, value and responsibility. You dont know my age

care to elaborate with some evidence you have a point?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy Connolly can be funny he has talent, JR and RB can't they are just morons.

not a fan really, all he does is shout and swear, walks around on a stage telling stories to whoever will listen. not sure how him doing it constitutes talent and two equally as popular people who you dont like doing it doesnt

wait a minute....!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    Heh. Is that supposed to be an insult?

Can you honestly not think of any reasons why an educated adult might know what's going on with children's TV?

Of course I can think of reasons why and adult would watch childrens tv - I was just making a point that's all.

You seemed to be supporting Ross and Brand with their so called humour, but you don't appear to like it when someone ruffles your feathers do you, even over something far less offensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lillyoo wrote: »
    I haven't seen him for years but I would wager a bet that all the people caling him vile and unfunny would fall for his charm within 5 minutes of being in his company, especially the women ;)

I think we may be talking about different Lewis' - I'm referring to the one who recorded -Great Balls of Fire - all those years ago. There was also a Jerry Lewis at about the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course I can think of reasons why and adult would watch childrens tv - I was just making a point that's all.

You seemed to be supporting Ross and Brand with their so called humour, but you don't appear to like it when someone ruffles your feathers do you, even over something far less offensive.
    Ooh, sorry. What point was that? Must've missed it :o

And I'm still not supporting their humour, they're still in the wrong, and it still wasn't funny.

But people are still over-reacting, too, and they still don't deserve to be sacked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure even Jerry Lee Lewis (The Killer) supreme singer and piano player could be more entertaining even as a comedian than JR or RB.

And he doesn't have a speech impediment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure he'de be pissing himself as he offloaded you into a ditch, yes