Options

Live Shows to be 'cut back' for Series 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about this considering there was hardly any live shows in series 1 anyway. Think we only had about 4 weeks worth.
    Wk 1: Team danny & Jessie lost 2 acts each
    Wk 2: Team Tom & WIll lost 2 acts each
    Wk 3: 8 act Semi Final
    Wk 4: 4 act final

THink it was something like that wasn't it?
    I hate XF comparisons but don't they have about 12 live shows? not saying to do 12 but even doing 8 - 10 live shows would be better. Not sure I agree with losing half the contestants after 2 weeks especially as they they perform in 2 groups so you only see half at a time. Doesn't give you time to judge someones ability.
    Leanne only performed about 5 or 6 times throughout the whole competition: audition-battle-first live-semi & final
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cutting down the live show would be a big mistake imo, We only saw the acts sing 2 time by time the semi turned up so cutting them down would mean we see even less of them singing live.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's really stupid of them to cut back the lives shows even further. One huge problem with the first series was that we didn't get to know the contestants well enough, and by the end didn't have a huge care who won. Having more live shows would allow for that development, cutting it back will further stop people from being able to really like a contestant and get behind them enough to properly care who wins.

I think that's exactly right. I think they're going to aggravate rather than solve the problem.
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    This show doesn't know what it is or should be. The producers don't have a clue, sadly.