Liz Dawn warns against smoking

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/liz-dawn-coronation-streets-vera-1559778

Giving this a separate thread to the Richard Briers one.

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely lady, so sad that this has happened to her. :(

A friend of mine met her a few years ago and she was funny and feisty and made them laugh with stories of her kids when they were young.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad for Liz, but again, she could have quit in the 1970s when health warnings became commonplace
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    It's sad for Liz, but again, she could have quit in the 1970s when health warnings became commonplace

Very difficult to stop if you're addicted though.

And nicotine is addictive. As an ex-smoker I know it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    How sad but she did smoke like a chimney!

I lost a close friend to smoking related cancer, he died a gruesome death, so I think it's important that people do publicise when they get ill - otherwise all we ever hear is people saying 'my uncle smoked since he was 12 and lived to be 100'.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100 years from now people will be amazed that people put little white sticks in their mouth and lighted it up - it blackend their lungs with a disgusting black tar smell and it often resulted in a terrible painful death.

Smoking IS disgusting,

Poor Elizabeth Dawn x
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad but she did smoke like a chimney!

I lost a close friend to smoking related cancer, he died a gruesome death, so I think it's important that people do publicise when they get ill - otherwise all we ever hear is people saying 'my uncle smoked since he was 12 and lived to be 100'.

This exactly. Any thread on here about smoking and it`s not too long before you get the people who say that they dangers of smoking are exaggerated!