BBC should be more worried about Question Time than Holly Willoughby's dress

2»

Comments

• pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    What's this got to do with what i posted?

You suggested 'With Farage, is it not the case that (for reasons of balance) the BBC need to have a UKIP presence on the panel from time to time and he's the one who puts himself forward? ....'

I replied that 'Not in Scotland, as was the case last week.

UKIP has no MP's, MSP's or local councillors. They have never retained a deposit in any Scottish election. Why he then appeared in an episode broadcast from Edinburgh, at the expense of parties who do have elected representatives in Scotland, is a question that needs answered.'

I think it is pretty clear what it has to do with your post, however, if you still cannot see what it has to do with your post, let me know what confuses you and I'll try to clear it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »
    Because, UKIP is a UK wide party that stands in elections across the UK, neither the SNP, Plaid Cumru or Irish parties do (that last sentence makes no sense whatsoever by the way).

After I posted I realised I had typed Wales, by then the option to edit has gone. I assumed that people would know what I was attempting to say, would use a wee bit of common sense to understand it, it appears not.

So I will explain what happened, just for you.

I did mean to type 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Walsall?'

However, in a moment of daftness, and not being as perfect as you it would seem, I typed 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Wales?'

Ooops, I typed Wales instead. I didn't realise I had done so till later. By the time I did realise I could not edit.

'Never mind' I thought, I could have added a post to this thread explaining that I had meant to type 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Walsall?'

But in the end I thought that those people who use this site are reasonably intelligent enough to recognise an error in posting, and realise what I had meant to post. As I say, it appears my belief in the intelligence of some board members was misplaced.
    Because they're talking about those systems in England, which the vast majority of the UK lives in.

This is something you may wish to discus with the poster lundavra, to whom I was replying. It was lundavra who made the claim that QT is a 'UK programme broadcast over the whole UK and not a regional one.'.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    While the BBC is reverting to its natural state of contrition over Holly Willoughby's dress.

It is true that there are far bigger tits on Question Time. :rolleyes:
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    After I posted I realised I had typed Wales, by then the option to edit has gone. I assumed that people would know what I was attempting to say, would use a wee bit of common sense to understand it, it appears not.

So I will explain what happened, just for you.

I did mean to type 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Walsall?'

However, in a moment of daftness, and not being as perfect as you it would seem, I typed 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Wales?'

Ooops, I typed Wales instead. I didn't realise I had done so till later. By the time I did realise I could not edit.

'Never mind' I thought, I could have added a post to this thread explaining that I had meant to type 'Why do they have Plaid Cymru politicians when they are in Wales, but not when they are in Walsall?'

But in the end I thought that those people who use this site are reasonably intelligent enough to recognise an error in posting, and realise what I had meant to post. As I say, it appears my belief in the intelligence of some board members was misplaced.

Jesus calm down, it just looked funny and pointed it out in case you hadn't realised. In any case that was not the main point of my reply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus calm down, it just looked funny and pointed it out in case you hadn't realised. In any case that was not the main point of my reply.

Fair enough.

My response was in reply to lundavra who claimed it was not a regional programme. I was making the point that it is the BBC themselves that regionalise it when the have SNP politicians on whilst in Scotland, but not whilst in England. It is the BBC that regionalise it whilst they allow English education stories, for example, to be debated.

Whilst the UKIP are a UK wide party, their presence in Scotland is so minimal they are a total irrelevance. As is the Respect Party, led by George Galloway, although you may argue that Respect has at least one elected MP and George Galloway is a well known Scottish politician.

Both UKIP and Respect had representatives on a recent QT from Edinburgh at the expense of both the Lib Dems and the Scottish Greens, two parties that have elected representatives at both national and local level.

Why did the BBC invite two irrelevant political parties in Scotland, onto a Scottish based edition of QT, that spent most of its time debating Scottish independence issues? To create some controversy, Farage versus Galloway!!

Which goes back to the point the OP was pointing out and they link that was attached was making.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Fair enough.

My response was in reply to lundavra who claimed it was not a regional programme. I was making the point that it is the BBC themselves that regionalise it when the have SNP politicians on whilst in Scotland, but not whilst in England. .....

Why did the BBC invite two irrelevant political parties in Scotland, onto a Scottish based edition of QT, that spent most of its time debating Scottish independence issues? To create some controversy, Farage versus Galloway!! ....

Of course it could be that SNP politicians turn down invitations to appear on the programme when it is not coming from a location in Scotland. Seems quite likely to me.

Strange, I thought that George Galloway was Scottish.
  • AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Of course it could be that SNP politicians turn down invitations to appear on the programme when it is not coming from a location in Scotland. Seems quite likely to me.

Strange, I thought that George Galloway was Scottish.

I remember Alex Salmond being on the panel at Peterborough a few years ago and more recently the leader of Plaid Cymru (can't remember her name but she's got an extremely irritating voice) in Liverpool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I remember Alex Salmond being on the panel at Peterborough a few years ago and more recently the leader of Plaid Cymru (can't remember her name but she's got an extremely irritating voice) in Liverpool.
    Leanne Wood?