Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which should tell you they know exactly who is superinjuncted and why, whilst Gen Pub remains in the dark like mushrooms.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see he's giving the baby a day off from the press attention today...

(that's more time off than 1D have had :p ;-) )
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,801
    Forum Member
    I don't know what it is about British men. Whether they are on holiday abroad or even if there is a bit of sun here, that some insist on taking their tops off. I don't care if you have a great body, it just looks crass and uncouth to me. Don't get me wrong, if you're on a beach or by the pool then fair enough, but just walking round the streets it looks awful. Especially with mammaries like Cowell 's.

A knotted hanky on his head will complete the ensemble.
    Forum Member
    On Radio 5 yesterday two presenters also made remarks about the photos referring to 'ex's' and 'hanger-on's' being present.

For a man who likes to get away from the crowds on a yacht, the beach bum PR looks totally out of character. And what's with the dogs, is he breast feeding them?
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I remember references to "devoted family man" Ryan Giggs at the time of his superinjunction.

And the claim that Hugh Bonneville was referred to as "the Ryan Giggs of the acting world" at about the same time.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »

It looks like it'll take a good 10 minutes to scroll down that page of lovelies (if you like burnt moobs and fake grins) so I bailed halfway.

Just saw a pic in DS news, Cowell gives Lauren's tits run for their money :D
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Graham Norton going a bit near the knuckle about SC junior tonight :D
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »

what did he say :o
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »
    what did he say :o

I may have read it wrong it was some pic of Ant & Dec in their film Alien Autopsy standing over an alien which was SC's baby.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »

It's difficult isn't it?

Whilst there's nothing wrong with anyone questioning the circus that is Chez Cowell and Co., the innocents (like the baby and Pinky and Perky his two moobs, er, I mean dogs) always get caught in the crossfires.

It's kind of like the Frankie Boyle effect, he says what many people think in a moment of wry sarcasm and don't dare to express themselves, but it still comes off as a bit unpalatable (at the same time) in cold, hard print.

As long as the baby's not being directly verbally attacked, I don't see the problem in adults calling out other adults and their methods if they find them questionable. Graham Norton is probably among the last vestiges of free speech we've got left in this country. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An article has appeared http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2570588/Why-Ill-make-baby-fly-5-000-miles-week-Cowells-plans-son-make-weekly-commute-mother-Los-Angeles-New-York.html

Simon seems to have given a direct interview re: some of the criticisms he's received lately.

At first I thought it would be very pro-Simon but it's quite interesting and critical in places.

-- It says Simon expects Lauren and baby to commute weekly to see him because Simon refuses to move from LA to NY... (what's keeping Simon in LA now-a-days?). She's also unhappy at the idea of baby being schooled in the UK

-- re: his ex fiancé being there, apparently Simon made a point of assuring the writer it was 'Lauren's idea'.

-- Simon seemed surprised that all the press turned up at the beach and even asked his assistant if there was anything they could do about it (yeah, sure... even the article writer appears sceptical... :p )

--- an associate of Simon's told the writer that Simon's trying to show the 'ultimate love story', there's even a mention of Romeo and Juliet... (tries not to throw up... :o ). The associate says 'It's plastic. It's very obvious'
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do find it sickening how he has an affair, gets a woman pregnant while she is still allegedly with her husband and every rag makes out we should be pleased Cowell is now to be a dad! wtf

If he had been a woman it would have been a totally different story. Whatever Cowell's influence and hold over the UK press is, its a big one.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A woman in Simon's situation would have been ripped apart, and I think a lot of other make celebrities would have been as well. He seems to get away with it because he's Simon.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that, when the pregnancy was announced, the tabloids were saying that Simon would be involved in the child's life but he and Lauren weren't together, it had just been a fling. Now though, they're presented as a loved-up couple. Is that just a trick to promote a 'family man' image for Simon, considering that he has another series of Britain's Got Talent coming up?
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cover yourself up, you fat old queen
    Forum Member
    Could he be in LA for tax reasons?

Has he given up smoking? All the recent photos I've seen of him he doesn't seem to be holding a cigarette pack.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laughably, the tabs are still targeting the indescretions of footballers, encouraging the readers to be outraged and have disdainful feelings about the perp. When it came out that Simon was due to be a father, the circumstances that ensured that happened was conveniently omitted from reports: Simon betrayed his best friend.

This is why I could never join the general condemnation when it is revealed a star had an affair, because the tabs only remember to be moralistic if they dislike the person.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, re: if Cowell was a woman.
    I think Amanda Holden is the only female celeb to really feel backlash over an affair. I think that women celebs that have an affair get to sell a sympathetic story; substance and alcohol abuse or mental illness. The tabs would not openly call a woman a **** or call her names, as its not something they can get away with. A male celeb, however, will be labelled a loverat.. or scumbag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what will happen if Simon's return to the X Factor doesn't work and the ratings either continue to fall or remain lacklustre? How will the press report on it I wonder? There are rumours that the BBC intend to put the new series of Dr Who up against it, with a Strictly lead in that could prove fatal for the X Factor.

Either way expect lots of snipping and bitching in the press from Simon and his camp to try and destroy the competition. He's a narcissist and that's what they do, setting out to destroy and discredit anyone who stands in your way is classic narcissistic behaviour.
    I thought that he and his cronies including Amanda Holden behaved appallingly when The Voice launched, saying that Tom Jones should be dead amongst other things.

Anyone who criticises him or his shows is subject to abuse from either Simon himself or his hangers on, often during a live show. It's disturbing how fragile his ego is. He cannot handle criticism (another narcissistic trait).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought that he and his cronies including Amanda Holden behaved appallingly when The Voice launched, saying that Tom Jones should be dead amongst other things.

Anyone who criticises him or his shows is subject to abuse from either Simon himself or his hangers on, often during a live show. It's disturbing how fragile his ego is. He cannot handle criticism (another narcissistic trait).

Yeah, I remember he addressed this briefly during Morgan's Life Stories (the only time I've watched that show :p ) - that he can't handle criticism at all. It's so obvious he cares what people think. Don't get me wrong, it's not always a bad trait - a bit of self awareness, but that piece in the DM (where he directly addressed criticisms he'd received over those beach pics) spoke volumes imo. It just shows how conscious he is about how he's coming across in the media ALL of the time - what a way to live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember he addressed this briefly during Morgan's Life Stories (the only time I've watched that show :p ) - that he can't handle criticism at all. It's so obvious he cares what people think. Don't get me wrong, it's not always a bad trait - a bit of self awareness, but that piece in the DM (where he directly addressed criticisms he'd received over those beach pics) spoke volumes imo. It just shows how conscious he is about how he's coming across in the media ALL of the time - what a way to live.

I think everyone cares what others think of them to some extent, however Simon is absolutely obsessed with how he is seen by the public and goes to great lengths to manipulate and control his image. He's just become a dad, most people would disappear off the scene for a bit and spend private time with their child, in fact it's what most celebrities do to be fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is her other son in all of this ? How old is the wee one now? Over 2 weeks anyway and if Simon isn't allowed to be near the other son has he not seen his Mum for all this time now?

DM calling her the ultimate earth mother does make me laugh!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Are these papers forgetting less than 6 months ago Sinitta went into meltdown revealing she and love rat Cowell had decided to abort their child.

Hold the presses. Man and Woman decide to have an abortion in the 80s. Extra extra read all about it. Welcome to real life. They had an abortion, so what? They were a lot younger than they are now and quite often couples decide that due to their relationship status or where they are in their lives it would be best if they didn't have a child. It happens. I see no point in that being dragged up in 2014. Just because Sinitta talked about it doesn't mean it's worthy of front page news in all the papers. She wanted some attention ans she got it. It's what she does.

Same applies to the affair. So what? Their relationship was on the rocks for years according to reports and so it's perhaps no shock that one of them found someone else. That just happened to be Simon. It's not like he took a happily married woman and broke up a happy relationship. Yep he could have perhaps waited until she was divorced but again.. welcome to real life. I can think of far worse crimes.

What's the reason the papers aren't overly harsh with him? Two reasons. He's an extremely powerful and well connected individual in the music and performing industry. And two, he's actually a nice bloke and I think a lot of people in various circles realise that. You'll struggle to find anyone (offline that is) talking dirt about him. This helps too.

I don't see the big deal to be honest. He does nothing to harm me... other than promote crap music. But he does a lot of good work too.

Oh and the UK media really couldn't give two hoots about US TV shows. The lack of interest in Piers Morgan losing his job proves that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inspiration you don't actually believe this is a genuine relationship do you? The whole thing screams PR stunt to me. I've never see a couple look less in love that Simon and Lauren, in fact they look really uncomfortable and awkward together, especially the obviously put on for the camera vomit inducing public displays of affection.

I'm not sure I believe Simon is a nice person either.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an article in the Mail today and a clip with Simon being interviewed by his ex Terri Seymour stating 'I was born to be a dad'. (vomit smiley needed).

How selfish and unfeeling is this man!! Didn't she break up with him because she wanted children and he didn't? Now she may well have lost her chance to become a mother.

It really is quite puke inducing. You have to assume Terri was paid a large amount of money to do this.