Why all the hate and ridicule for Winston?

Comments

• Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is just a monkey-faced imbecile. Plain and simple! :D

I have no time for him.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris is the forum favourite isn't he. So that makes zero sense.

I think popular male housemates are usually smart and witty so that could be a reason why Winston hasn't much appeal

Yes his lack of intellect will gain him few DS fans, but he will be fine with the wider viewing audience.

DS tend to dislike TOWIE types, and are quite prejudiced - Rylan had very few fans on here during his time in the house, despite being both smart and witty, as well as being cheerful, funny, liked by all HMs and often perceptive and forthright; all characteristics which are usually admired in HMs, but he was largely disliked on here.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still failing to see where this OTT Winston hate is.

Look at all the negative Kimberly threads though.

It was when all the guys were being demonized by the pro-Toya crowd, and when certain posters talk about 'boring' housemates, they say Ash, Marlon and Winston instead of Kimberly, Ashleigh and Danielle

Look at all the positive Kimberly threads despite her lack of personality, contributing nothing to the show and the company she keeps. Negative Kim threads have only just started turning up now she has latched onto Helen
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Yep I get he may not be every ones cup of tea, but come on people he is always smiling and trying yes trying to make a joke at times be it vulgar or senseless, but at least he is not been like all the other house mates and making a complete bozo of them selfs. So just wondered what it is some of you people seem to not like about him..??

I don't hate Winston but i disliked him getting involved in the argument with Toya because it was nothing to do with him and she didn't even nullify his nomination. Lastly he is a bit of an insulting stereotype (the stupid Essex person) which if i was from Essex would offend me especially since BB keep doing it every year to them. Why can't they put an articulate,mature,kind and intelligent Essex person on the show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    He's male. That's all it takes around here

It's always you...

This is just the most ridiculous comment... Lets not forget the first evictee has ALWAYS been a woman etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Winston laughs when his friends act up and make idiots of themselves. He IS sexist. He just won't listen. He just doesn't care. He's the type to have hardly any compassion. He got way too annoyed over Danielle not wanting to hold explicit convos. And inconsiderate
  • DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just feel there's something very disingenuous about him. There's something cold and cruel hiding behind the cheeky image, there were micro flashes of true rage in his eyes during the Toya argument that just didn't sit right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    He's alright seems harmless and nice enough
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    He's boring.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it is an act or what but he is excessively stupid. His mind doesn't seem to think of anything other than sex or whether someone is fit or not.

I can definitely see him winning though.
  • silvensilven Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLS1 wrote: »
    I just feel there's something very disingenuous about him. There's something cold and cruel hiding behind the cheeky image, there were micro flashes of true rage in his eyes during the Toya argument that just didn't sit right.

true rage is understandable when being screamed at by a demented woman (or man).
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I don't hate Winston but i disliked him getting involved in the argument with Toya because it was nothing to do with him and she didn't even nullify his nomination. Lastly he is a bit of an insulting stereotype (the stupid Essex person) which if i was from Essex would offend me especially since BB keep doing it every year to them. Why can't they put an articulate,mature,kind and intelligent Essex person on the show?

I'm from Essex and he certainly offends me. Alex Sibley (BB3) was imo a far better representative of our county than that neanderthal mouth-breather Winston, who uses cutlery with all the finesse of a two year old whilst shovelling his food down his throat.

I blame Brian Belo for perpetuating the "We're all really fick in Essex, we are" stereotype by acting like the village idiot and wearing velcro-fastening trainers as presumably he was too thick to know how to tie lace-up ones, then surprise surprise a few years later Joey Essex appears in IAC claiming he doesn't know how to tie shoelaces. It's truly embarrassing as this is not an accurate portrayal of the majority of the Essex population, but a sad indictment of many young people nationwide who are being influenced by all these so-called 'reality' shows.

The actual sad reality is 99.9% of these fame-seeking wannabes won't even achieve the 15 minutes of fame Andy Warhol once prophesied, let alone ever attain a lucrative, long-term career from behaving like the village idiot on a TV show.

Essex has produced many talented writers, actors, comedians, musicians, sportsmen etc, but I fear their achievements may be overshadowed by this current swarm of imbeciles who seem to think 'being fick' is something to be proud of. It's not. >:(
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He would do well in a Porkies movie
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's harmless. I think people want to accredit him with a lot more than he deserves due to the friends he keeps, but really he's just been rather pleasant so far. There's a reason no one in the house actively dislikes him, he's given them no cause. I like Winston, he's a good guy.

He seems OK to me........from the footage we are allowed to see from the BB house......
  • soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    He is a big dope but not really nasty.

Not nasty?? He's always laughing and smirking at Ash's rude comments aimed at the other hm's! He was even laughing when Helen was verbally abusing Matthew, when she was calling him an Effing skinny c****!

He is a sly little sh*t no doubt about it! I can see right through his "Joey Essex" act.
  • ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His answers on his profile always sound as if they were writen by a 13 year old."I wanna do a freesome wiv two models and then watch a film and have sweets!"

Winston tells stories about punching sharks and vomiting on female genitalia - are we not s'posed to mock this kind of idiotic bollocks any more?

This making a complete bozo of themselves that you mention? Winston's doing it.

I quite agree. I took a dislike to him from his VT, and I'm not buying this 'harmless idiot' stuff. 'Idiot', yes, but not 'harmless'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    He is a big dope but not really nasty.
    Sums him up well. ^
    He is also a bit crude and shallow but In a different happier house Winston would have fitted in much better.
    He is basically an upbeat person and I like that about him.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds me of a young ray winstone, and every one loves him. If Minder was still running he would make a great extra on it.

I can see that :D actually I am thinking more Michael Caine in Alfie :D
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    I'm from Essex and he certainly offends me. Alex Sibley (BB3) was imo a far better representative of our county than that neanderthal mouth-breather Winston, who uses cutlery with all the finesse of a two year old whilst shovelling his food down his throat.

I blame Brian Belo for perpetuating the "We're all really fick in Essex, we are" stereotype by acting like the village idiot and wearing velcro-fastening trainers as presumably he was too thick to know how to tie lace-up ones, then surprise surprise a few years later Joey Essex appears in IAC claiming he doesn't know how to tie shoelaces. It's truly embarrassing as this is not an accurate portrayal of the majority of the Essex population, but a sad indictment of many young people nationwide who are being influenced by all these so-called 'reality' shows.

The actual sad reality is 99.9% of these fame-seeking wannabes won't even achieve the 15 minutes of fame Andy Warhol once prophesied, let alone ever attain a lucrative, long-term career from behaving like the village idiot on a TV show.

Essex has produced many talented writers, actors, comedians, musicians, sportsmen etc, but I fear their achievements may be overshadowed by this current swarm
    of imbeciles who seem to think 'being fick' is something to be proud of. It's not. >:(

That doesn't make any sense - their achievements will never be overshadowed, but people simply may not realise that they are from Essex. But we don't tend to know which county a lot of talented people are from anyway.

Aa lot of Essex yougsters (but not the majority) do come across as TOWIE types - they have the appearance, the accent, the same type of conversations etc, but they are not all alike. We have seen the particularly vacant Amy Childs, the BIG personality Rylan, the insecure Ashleigh, the pleasant and understated Sam Faiers and the slightly objectionable Kirk Norcross. Their personalities are not similar and only a couple of them on occasion tried to play thick for laughs.

I like Winston so far - he is cheerful and likes to have a laugh.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lozzo99 wrote: »
    Definitely do not agree with people saying he isn't nasty.
    There is a massive mean streak in him - he is always laughing when someone is being insulted or ridiculed. For instance when Jale was being called a maggot he was practically peeing himself with glee.>:(

Spot on. It's what I dislike most about him...that and his gormless vacant lumpen appearance...he is everthing I loathe in a hm. My least fave in the house if I'm honest.:(
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    He's male. That's all it takes around here

Or female.

Basically any living breathing human is fair game. :D
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    He's thick as a brick, but also safe as houses in terms of staying in the house, because of course the public loves to pieces a big, thick, but supposedly handsome "regular bloke". All the playing up out of the house on BOTS of his "romance" with Tamara is helping too.

Short of a massive mistake, this vessel empty of thought will make the final for sure.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Or female.

Basically any living breathing human is fair game. :D

I don't even GET the "he's male, he's fair game" line. That doesn't match the reality of this forum at all. It's always the women who take the worst criticism here. Always.
  • Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's alright seems harmless and nice enough

that's what they said about hitler
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I get he may not be every ones cup of tea, but come on people he is always smiling and trying yes trying to make a joke at times be it vulgar or senseless, but at least he is not been like all the other house mates and making a complete bozo of them selfs. So just wondered what it is some of you people seem to not like about him..??

His reaction to being nominated made me question his good guy persona a little bit, that's all.