Options

Remember when we almost got Sam out last year

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The BB14 winner Sam, when he was up against Sophie and got like 5% less votes!! That campaign almost worked

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but it didn't work though did it :p

Brilliant night that was. :D
  • Options
    chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Yeah, but it didn't work though did it :p

Brilliant night that was. :D

Boo! Hiss!
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divergent wrote: »
    Remember when we almost got Sam out last year

Remember the most unmemorable winner in BB history? Only with a struggle.
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Couldn't stand him. He was either sleeping or being obnoxious. He was for me, the worst BB winner after Anfony.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    The funniest part was that it scared the crap out of the bookies (or punters should I say). Despite Sam being favourite to win, in the space of a couple of days his odds to win drifted out and he even became the favourite to be evicted. It was like witnessing a major panic.

Shame it didn't happen, not just because he was a weak winner, but it may have brought a bit of unpredictability to the final instead of it being obvious.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was actually 2% less OP & stop reminding us >:(:(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    Couldn't stand him. He was either sleeping or being obnoxious. He was for me, the worst BB winner after Anfony.

It would have been even worse if Gina or Dexter won.
  • Options
    DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »

Says You, at least they made copious contributions to the show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    it was actually 2% less OP & stop reminding us >:(:(

I thought 2! 2 and 5 were in my head, wow that's even worse!!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of the Celebrity Hijack days, and the forums efforts to save Emilia. Looking back, I'm really not sure if we had any impact or not, but it certainly felt good at the time! :p
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »

Completely agree.

I don't get why so many dislike Sam. I found him likeable, quite funny and able to stand up for himself when he needed to, and certainly behaved with more dignity and class than Dexter and Gina - who are probably the two most overrated housemates of all time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame it didn't happen, not just because he was a weak winner, but it may have brought a bit of unpredictability to the final instead of it being obvious.
    What an unbelievably dire final line up it would have been without Sam though! I was so glad he was there, so at least we didn't have to have someone who had got onto BB on a pack of lies win.

And people always massively underestimate how much BB GAVE Gina and Dexter to make them into 'big characters'.

If Sam and Sophie had been given all the thrills and drama of the secret house we would have seen Sam come out of his shell and get excited. Instead, they just couldn't hide their disdain for Sam and Sophie, even contriving to put them up for eviction with no nominations at all.

danielleh wrote: »
    Completely agree.

I don't get why so many dislike Sam. I found him likeable, quite funny and able to stand up for himself when he needed to, and certainly behaved with more dignity and class than Dexter and Gina - who are probably the two most overrated housemates of all time.

Yes, agree with every word. :)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Dexter on BBOTS on Friday night, what a terminally dull little cretin, he made Marlon look like Peter Ustinov, it is quite amazing to think he was ever popular :D
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    yes but it didnt work.
    these campaigns seldom work, especially when it comes to vote to evict.
    you need huge twitter backing, much like what Ashleigh had last week.

anyway, i was happy Sophie went, she was just a useless if not more than Sam !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    I watched Dexter on BBOTS on Friday night, what a terminally dull little cretin, he made Marlon look like Peter Ustinov, it is quite amazing to think he was ever popular :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »

He was a good highlights housemate. He gave them enough footage to showcase a character.

On the live feed, he was tedious as shit - just hours of him repeating the same point over and over again, as though auditioning takes for the director to choose the best one from.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    divergent wrote: »
    The BB14 winner Sam, when he was up against Sophie and got like 5% less votes!! That campaign almost worked
    I wonder what percentage of the votes cast were actually influenced by the campaign?
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »
    He was a good highlights housemate. He gave them enough footage to showcase a character.

On the live feed, he was tedious as shit - just hours of him repeating the same point over and over again, as though auditioning takes for the director to choose the best one from.

Charlie Travers and Dexter's pretentious bullshitty chats, like taking a sleeping pill with horrendous side-effects:cool:
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with every word there. And if anything, the fact that the campaign didn't work speaks volumes. There was a very short voting time (think it was less than a day?), Sam had a bit of a bad press from the Daily Star that day, he had a bit of a bad edit on Thursday's highlights show with an argument with a lot of screen time in a vote to evict (and yes some viewers might have sided with him against Dexter, but Dexter wasn't up for eviction any more), Sam being the favourite to win meant he'd be a target for fans of other housemates, and the fact there was concentrated campaign to get him out. All that in its favour, and the campaign still failed. I was pleased, particularly because of a lot of the nasty things that were said about Sam during it.

I hate it when obsessive, cliquey hardcore fans group together to try and manipulate an eviction vote anyway. It's one the reasons I hated BB11 so much, with interesting housemates like Rachael, Sunshine and Ben getting booted out because of the Crab Eyes fangirls.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree.

Sam was the winner, by default - to prevent either Dexter or Gina getting the title.

I sympathise with his disability...but....IMO, he couldn't/didn't contribute enough & was quite a smutty young man.

A disappointing winner - I hope we do better, this year ;-)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    What an unbelievably dire final line up it would have been without Sam though! I was so glad he was there, so at least we didn't have to have someone who had got onto BB on a pack of lies win.

And people always massively underestimate how much BB GAVE Gina and Dexter to make them into 'big characters'.

If Sam and Sophie had been given all the thrills and drama of the secret house we would have seen Sam come out of his shell and get excited. Instead, they just couldn't hide their disdain for Sam and Sophie, even contriving to put them up for eviction with no nominations at all.

The final was still dull though. If you don't like the final line-up then a bit of unpredictability and competitiveness can brighten it up. I'm at the point where the winner is becoming less relevant to me, it's more about enjoying the series while it's on. The winner is barely relevant anymore but a bit of excitement over the result wouldn't go amiss.
    Sam is the sort of housemate that's an obvious winner going into the final, during the series, even way back on launch night.

I thought the final line-up was alright, replace Sam with one of Callum, Hazel or Dan (even though I couldn't bear him) and it would have been more interesting. Instead it was just flat.
    I think Sam was greatly missing any sort of likeability either.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam was the winner, by default - to prevent either Dexter or Gina getting the title.

If he stopped either of those 2 from winning then I take back what I said and he was a worthy winner.

BBBOTS obviously attempted to orchestrate a winner by attaching the status of 'master game player' or 'legendary HM' to wimpy Dexter and and Queen Bitch Gina, glad they failed.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It rescued the world form a Dexter victory.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    missfrizzy wrote: »

No that goes to that friggin Aaron :mad:
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    It rescued the world form a Dexter victory.

That would be enough to make me like anyone :D.