No one has any patience to see if there's any truth in them. :p
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    even clevver music said bang bang sound like little mix's song at 6:20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSA5R1KeQl0

Any of you notice that when the blonde host said "It kinda reminded me of Little Mix a little bit" then the other host went "Mhmmm...BOSS"

Wrong group lol! I dno if that means she thinks BO$$ sounds like a LM song or she just genuinely got confused lol.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL I didn't even catch that tbh it's quite amazing and really unexpected that people are equating certain sounds to Little Mix, who would of thought they made that impact beyond the fanbase.

Why am I now kind of worried they're going to do a 180 with album 3 and no longer have a signature sound, though on the other hand maybe not
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone is being mistaken for LM these days.

Its funny that the LM sound is equated with "noisy", if I'm interpreting the remarks correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say noisy I say grand
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm saying other people term it noisy. But its true, the producers go to town on their songs. It comes out well because they have strong vocals that weaker singers would be drowned out by. Its a modern Wall of Sound.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm saying other people term it noisy. But its true, the producers go to town on their songs. It comes out well because they have strong vocals that weaker singers would be drowned out by. Its a modern Wall of Sound.

I think I called it noisy in the past. I like the strong (again, not sure the right word) production but there is a lot going on. I wasn't expecting songs like NFLY and A Different Beat when I bought the album. I feel they have a unique sound with those songs but it's not going to be to everyone's taste (luckily they chuck in a few acoustics as well). Agree that the vocals save them. They appear to be working with a team that know what they can get out of these girls. I'm excited for the new album.

I was reading an interview with Cheryl Cole/FernadndyVeresg where she talked about Girls Aloud. She said that they had horribly busy schedules and no one thought to plan time for them to eat. 18-20 hour days, 7 days a week. She took the time off last year because she was burnt out. Syco seem to be looking after Little Mix a lot better (although they are less in demand than GA were I think). With social media as well they can connect to fans and keep their profile up without having to tour lots of radio stations etc. Whilst it would be great if the girls had more success it's a lot healthier for them to be able to have days off and proper breaks over Christmas. They're working hard but it's not frantic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIAFH_LPeOg I think most of us already agreed it was probably Jade who wrote that message to heat, from 1:45 definitely sounds like it would of been her :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading an interview with Cheryl Cole/FernadndyVeresg where she talked about Girls Aloud. She said that they had horribly busy schedules and no one thought to plan time for them to eat. 18-20 hour days, 7 days a week.

The more I read behind the scenes look at music groups the more I think, you WANT to do this? Sounds like multiple years of torture to me.

I hope HQ pimps the rest of the girls as much as they did Perrie, because it was pretty strong last week.
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I called it noisy in the past. I like the strong (again, not sure the right word) production but there is a lot going on. I wasn't expecting songs like NFLY and A Different Beat when I bought the album. I feel they have a unique sound with those songs but it's not going to be to everyone's taste (luckily they chuck in a few acoustics as well). Agree that the vocals save them. They appear to be working with a team that know what they can get out of these girls. I'm excited for the new album.

I was reading an interview with Cheryl Cole/FernadndyVeresg where she talked about Girls Aloud. She said that they had horribly busy schedules and no one thought to plan time for them to eat. 18-20 hour days, 7 days a week. She took the time off last year because she was burnt out. Syco seem to be looking after Little Mix a lot better (although they are less in demand than GA were I think). With social media as well they can connect to fans and keep their profile up without having to tour lots of radio stations etc. Whilst it would be great if the girls had more success it's a lot healthier for them to be able to have days off and proper breaks over Christmas. They're working hard but it's not frantic.

I'm a massive Girls Aloud fan but I'd say Little Mix are definitely more in demand at the same point Girls Aloud were at this stage of their career. I guess Little Mix have to travel around the world constantly where as Girls Aloud were relatively local.
  • Options
    piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    The girls will be featured on @ColumbiaRecords first ever #OpenDoorSessions premiering tomorrow on @justjaredjr ! Mixers HQ x

This sounds exciting!
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This is so 100% out of the blue, I can't find anything on like Just Jared/Columbia's twitters etc about this lol, it's a great thing though...I hope they do a musical session with a couple of new acoustic arrangements or something. I just saw the vid they posted on instagram about this as well and the selfie challange or whatever, hope it isn't just silly games/challenges (although I do love when they compete against each other because they are so competitive) http://i.instagram.com/p/rIoCABOGVA/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls will be featured on @ColumbiaRecords first ever #OpenDoorSessions

That Warner/Chapell rumor seems to have been false!
  • Options
    CourtneyPaige89CourtneyPaige89 Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Holy crap a lot of discussion goes on when I get busy and aren't around! Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what's happened the past week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ It was very hot in the UK.

Can anyone find this Open Door session? I dont see any links at the twitter connections.

.@ColumbiaRecords' very first #OpenDoorSessions ft. @LittleMix premieres today! Tune into @justjaredjr at 12pm ET. pic.twitter.com/Qbc4GAbHNw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That should be now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have started half an hour ago. It looks pre recorded so it will be shown any ol time I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIAFH_LPeOg I think most of us already agreed it was probably Jade who wrote that message to heat, from 1:45 definitely sounds like it would of been her :-)

Interesting Jade says that at first they didn't like the name 'Little Mix'. If they didn't like it, why did they go for it? The show made it out to be their choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Interesting Jade says that at first they didn't like the name 'Little Mix'. If they didn't like it, why did they go for it? The show made it out to be their choice.
    They probably had only a few hours to come up with it, and they really liked Rhythmix initially. I think they've always said they were a little 'meh' about the name at first, but came around to it quickly. Jade's comment is just a stronger version of that.

I've read up on the season and lots of people were expecting them to go out in week 4 because of the name change. Pretty much everyone hated it at first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of those people Rhythmix was kind of cool then Little Mix sounded so poor and young
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Salute' (the single) on 148k.

'Salute' (the album) on 260k. Not long before platinum :D!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    I've read up on the season and lots of people were expecting them to go out in week 4 because of the name change. Pretty much everyone hated it at first.

Ha. People were expecting them to go out immediately. I think they were 130-1 at the beginning.
    'Salute' (the single) on 148k.

'Salute' (the album) on 260k. Not long before platinum :D!

If it continues to float around Top 200, then its selling 1,000 a week so I think it will be a while before it gets to Platinum. Next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute at Summertime Ball
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWmUPA9DqBc

In slow periods I like to go back and rewatch videos more leisurely. I'm watching this one again and looking at the animated video background and appreciating how it starts off in cool blues with the garbage cans on fire and by the end the pavement and buildings have cracked and fallen down and the entire screen is engulfed in flames. I also like how the blasts of flame are timed to the song, and the image shaking with the dance movements. I hope as far as spectacle goes they have more things like this on their next big tour.

Also, someone is molting around 1:35. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »

To be honest, i'm still not overly keen on it. I think their name has been a largely overlooked sizeable obstacle in the way of them being taken seriously, amongst other things. I really think it's a bit of a lead weight and continues to be so... we might have got used to it but people first hearing about them (particularly older punters) will be having those same feelings we had at first. It sounds 'kiddy/teen pop band' not 'female vocal group'. Doesn't exactly have the same ring to it as 'Destinys Child' or 'En Vogue'.

As we all know, first impressions are everything.
This discussion has been closed.