All single people are paedophiles

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the website does say that all relevant staff have to be CRB checked
    Well, that's a fail then as it is the Disclosure and Barring Service.
    How can we trust someone who cannot get that right?
    Besides, my point was you may have a policy on the website, but how do we know that policy is being adhered to?

I should also think it highly likely that as a Mayor performing civic duties, he would also have been subject to a CRB check (as it was back then).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigNipper wrote: »
    He looks like one to be honest.
    Well worth joining a forum to post total crap.
    Not in the swimming pools I go to. Why on Earth would such a rule exist anyway?
    Not in any swimming pool. There are some fantasists on this thread. As IF. Swimming pool galleries and snack bars are full of men who have been swimming, men watching their children swim, men who fancy a bacon butty, and no pool is ever going to stop them and interrogate them to see if they are there for a good reason.
    So why are these single men so desperate to visit this "small, poorly run" childrens attraction?

It's almost impossible to imagine a man wanting to watch falconry, isn't it? It is well known that historically falcons were only flown by lisping toddlers.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    jclock66 wrote: »
    Oh dear, Mr Mead should adhere to the saying when in a hole, stop digging.
    He's added cameras to the reason now.

“We would rather be over zealous when unaccompanied adults visit us armed with cameras than put children at any potential risk. Even schools follow similar policies with regards to the photography of children'.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their official FB page has had to disable comments as they've been overwhelmed by the responses.
    I also read that and noted that one official spokesman says 95% of attractions are for children.
    They can't even agree on the % !
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I find that a bit odd as well as the majority of Dr Who Fans (many die hard going back years ) would be classified as adults, unless this is a fluffy version but as they have props and excerpts from the shows it doesn't sound like it.

Let's hope that the Doctor has lured a child into his Tardis or they won't let him into his own event.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Their official FB page has had to disable comments as they've been overwhelmed by the responses. The official line is it's been done because people have been making abusive posts towards staff but that doesn't appear to be true as I can't find any (maybe they've been deleted?).
    There are a few still there but not towards staff:

Andrew Dixon 'The "Petting time" and "Sausage making demo" will be performed by the first single male able to gain entry to the park. He will also be offering an additional "milk the cow whilst blindfolded" session behind the main toilet block'.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Puxton-Park-tourist-attraction/190073204341742

Oh and there's some under the pics of the butcher with sausages

Don Constance <span: 'and he's waving his sausage about - must be a Paedophile'.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's added cameras to the reason now.

“We would rather be over zealous when unaccompanied adults visit us armed with cameras than put children at any potential risk. Even schools follow similar policies with regards to the photography of children'.

To be honest you don't need to take a camera, just visit the website which has lots of pictures of children (wonder if he sought permission for all of them), plus the fact CCTV cameras are in operation and all images recorded..I wonder who has access to all of them.
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    I think their "research" might have been limited to watching a episode of Brass Eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFqe_3M2Z8
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Weston-holiday-park-ban-lone-adults-paedophile/story-24508109-detail/story.html

“We would rather be over zealous when unaccompanied adults visit us armed with cameras than put children at any potential risk. Even schools follow similar policies with regards to the photography of children.”

So they are armed with cameras now? At least he is now admitting that the policy is over zealous even if he can't explain why it is only single people he is worried about.

Right, so having read the article, the decision is clearly made out of fears about pedophilia, the owner has the nerve to cite 'child protection' as a reason and single adults without a child = risk but 2 adults without a child = safe.

So well thought out.

Nonce Sense.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just noticed it looks like santa's cracking open a cold one on that photo, so who fancies a drunken santa handling their little ones?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's someone who's made up their own Facebook page and only friends can post, hence it's filled with backslapping posts of agreement there. However, if you go to the Puxton Farm page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Puxton-Park-tourist-attraction/190073204341742?fref=ts, you;ll notice there's a little bit more of a backlash. There are even folks from Canada and Australia heaping scorn on the story.

Major PR fail methinks. As well as appointing a professional proof reader for their website, they need to get a professional PR person in to work some damage limitation because this is going nowhere fast :D:D

God the comments on that facebook page makes me realise why Im not on facebook. People blathering on about 'safeguarding' and 'child protection' when they clearly have no idea what those terms actually mean and why banning a single adult from visiting a family theme park does nothing to safeguard.

No doubt some of those bandying about terms like that have family members who they would 'trust with their lives' etc etc.

I notice cameras have suddenly crept in to the picture now, so if you are a single adult with a camera, you are seriously bad news (bit like my step daughter who is taking a photography course as part of her art degree, weirdo)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny isn't it. Fred and Rose West would have been ok, so would Ian Brady and Myra, not to mention the other Ian and his girlfriend Maxine. But some old chap who just wanted to look at their falcons is considered a danger.

Paedophiles are welcome only if they bring their own entertainment.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're advertising supper with Santa. Will they let him in without Mrs Claus?
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* :D

I don't think I have ever had such a good day's laugh at any news story involving the word 'paedo'.... the innuendo on their FB page before it closed what hilarious!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok. I get it now. There are some great rides to play on. You lot are right after all. there.http://www.puxton.co.uk/Adventure-Park.

Of course it isnt fair that only the children are allowed to play on these.

Puxton Park tourist attraction

17 September*·*

"Tikka" look at our brand new Curry night!

On Thursday 6th November we are giving the adults a chance to come and have a play in our fantastic indoor play area. This is followed by a Curry. Alcoholic drinks will also be available on the night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Puxton Park tourist attraction

17 September*·*

"Tikka" look at our brand new Curry night!

On Thursday 6th November we are giving the adults a chance to come and have a play in our fantastic indoor play area. This is followed by a Curry. Alcoholic drinks will also be available on the night.

sounds strange that a place thats 90+% for kids would need a license to sell booze? is it somewhere the local scrotes go to get tanked up at 14?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Metro aren't helping...

http://metro.co.uk/tag/paedophile/

How can they get away with being so sloppy?

Give it a few hours and some idiot will have thrown a brick through the guys window.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    sounds strange that a place thats 90+% for kids would need a license to sell booze? is it somewhere the local scrotes go to get tanked up at 14?

i wonder if they do jesus juice?....
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    I notice cameras have suddenly crept in to the picture now, so if you are a single adult with a camera, you are seriously bad news (bit like my step daughter who is taking a photography course as part of her art degree, weirdo)

Oh, so as mobiles all have cameras these days, and pretty well all adults and most kids have a mobile, every single man or woman in the land must be a pedo. Anyone who has a bridge camera or SLR must be a mass child killer too, no doubt.

Paranoia gone mad!
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    It's not just Puxton Park doing this and it's unfortunate that these days there seems to be an assumption that single = paedo suspect and that single + camera = guilty, convicted paedo + extreme child danger.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sort of prejudice might tend to make me hate children rather than like them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just Puxton Park doing this and it's unfortunate that these days there seems to be an assumption that single = paedo suspect and that single + camera = guilty, convicted paedo + extreme child danger.

Name and shame, who are the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    just noticed it looks like santa's cracking open a cold one on that photo, so who fancies a drunken santa handling their little ones?

Maybe it was the MD?

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/business_director_in_court_1_3058711
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I work in a hotel and a few summers ago I had a load of hysterical mothers I know (including a family member) come up to me saying that there was a man in the carpark taking pictures on his mobile phone of all the children running around in our front garden. It was proper hysteria. Anyway the chap in question was gone by the time I went to check.

About 10 mins later the police turn up having been phoned by several people and they had ran his number plate and when I searched his name he was a hotel resident and I knew his family were having a dinner in our private function room. I had to go in and very gently ask him to come and see the police at the reception desk. He was absolutely mortified and turns out he was just trying to get reception on his phone by sticking it out of his car window! (cell reception dodgy in my town) Absolutely no pictures on his phone of kids.

The hysteria around it all though, word spreading round the gardens as people gathered up their children in case they were photographed was insane! Yet we're all happy to share pics of our kids in summer clothes/swimwear on facebook pages like ceebies etc when they ask what our children are doing this summer, or share publically pics of our children to win competitions on facebook etc.