Options

getting a fibre cabinet - 2 questions come to mind...

2»

Comments

• Options
    TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what the new cab outside the exchange is for, EO lines.
    Great if you live within a mile of the exchange on an EO line. No good if you are further away really.
    There's far too many EO lines in my town to all be connected to one cabinet at the exchange, I asked the question on whether they would add new cabinets near to the EO properties that are a long way from the exchange and had this response...

"Usually it would involve another cabinet, or possibly use FTTRN if the number of lines is lower, but if the EO lines are not clustered, and there is hence no logical way to insert a cabinet into the network, then FTTP would be more likely. It’s something which really is an unknown until it passes through the Openreach planning team."
  • Options
    skycatcherskycatcher Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    lonewaller wrote: »
    Good news for you even if there's a further delay.

I mentioned in an earlier post that SamKnows reckons I'm 3838m away from my exchange. I obviously didn't have my thinking cap on as this is the direct line distance and not the BT cable route. But for a 2007 test of equipment (we got 4 cabinets deployed) I would not be receiving an ADSL service due to distance.

Is your DP point a mile away by road or direct line. Either way, it may not be the way BT phones lines travel which could add to the overall distance from cabinet to home.

Brian

I am 1mile by road but I am fairy confident that this is the route as it is all overhead up to my house.