Jimmy "bullying" Jake... Oh FFS!

1235»

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    Like Jimmy said last night and this morning no one is showing Jake giving as good as he got, only Jimmy seems to have been shown, shame really I liked him.

The two comments Jimmy said that Jake made, we saw, as Ant and Dec pointed out. I don't know why Jimmy is flipping it now when he said himself in the Bush Telegraph that he'd probably gone too far with that comment.

There's a difference between having a laugh and joke, which they were, and then mocking someone for something they are self-conscious about, which is what Jimmy did.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree OP. It's not even possible for a celebrity to bully a non celebrity :confused::(

Why? Are celebrities and non-celebrities not part of the same species, ie human???? It doesn't matter whether someone is famous or non-famous. They are still equally human beings with human frailties and idiosyncracies. And it is therefore possible for one to 'bully' the other.

As it happens I don't believe it was bullying. I think it was a rather juvenile grown man running off at the mouth without thinking about what he was saying and how he might have been coming across. I think he truly believes it was 'banter' because he doesn't know any better.

This still doesn't reflect well on him and he is not the kind of person I would like to mingle with (which is a shame because I rather liked him at first) and explains why he lost support. Because he wasn't the 'loveable buffoon' ITV were trying to portray him as, but someone really rather childish and unpleasant. He really needs to grow up.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyhows,Jimmy is out. Still no reason to keep the dullard Jake in.:p

Foggy or Edwina to win.:D
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    The two comments Jimmy said that Jake made, we saw, as Ant and Dec pointed out. I don't know why Jimmy is flipping it now when he said himself in the Bush Telegraph that he'd probably gone too far with that comment.

There's a difference between having a laugh and joke, which they were, and then mocking someone for something they are self-conscious about, which is what Jimmy did.

Disagree with the above he is not self conscious
    How many times has Jake said dont know what Im doing here I am not a celebrity.
    If Jake wasnt bothered why have joe public suddenly leapt to his defence, you will see in his interview he will be amazed at all the crap about Jimmy being a bully.
    IMO of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyhows,Jimmy is out. Still no reason to keep the dullard Jake in.:p

Foggy or Edwina to win.:D

Agree 100%:):)
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    If Jimmy hadn't been so rubbish at the trials, his team may not have lost and he wouldn't have been able to be voted out tonight ie it may not have just been the Jake incident that got him out. It may also have been because he irritated people and didn't pull his weight in trials.

You could not be more correct.
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a difference between having a laugh and joke, which they were, and then mocking someone for something they are self-conscious about, which is what Jimmy did.[/QUOTE]

I know this has been done to death but Jimmy only went so OTT because he was obviously massively hurt and annoyed by Jake's skinny old man mickey takes - prob his Kryptonite when it comes to banter as he's prob always had jibes over it in his world. Left him absolutely seething and desperate to make Jake feel as bad - and not let him think he could trump Jimmy in any way.

Problem was "the king of banter" did it with very little wit or humour and it just came across as bit cruel, especially when Jake looked so forlorn!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a difference between having a laugh and joke, which they were, and then mocking someone for something they are self-conscious about, which is what Jimmy did.[/QUOTE]

I know this has been done to death but Jimmy only went so OTT because he was obviously massively hurt and annoyed by Jake's skinny old man mickey takes - prob his Kryptonite when it comes to banter as he's prob always had jibes over it in his world. Left him absolutely seething and desperate to make Jake feel as bad - and not let him think he could trump Jimmy in any way.

Problem was "the king of banter" did it with very little wit or humour and it just came across as bit cruel, especially when Jake looked so forlorn!

He does resemble a skinny older man in an old lady wig.

Michael would beat him hands down in most of the trials too.:D
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    Disagree with the above he is not self conscious
    How many times has Jake said dont know what Im doing here I am not a celebrity.
    If Jake wasnt bothered why have joe public suddenly leapt to his defence, you will see in his interview he will be amazed at all the crap about Jimmy being a bully.
    IMO of course

I'm confused by your post. You say Jake isn't bothered, but then your next comment about the public defending him suggests he is? He probably will be amazed, because Jimmy wasn't bullying him, and because he seems like a nice guy that won't want to make a big deal of it, regardless of whether he was offended by it or not. It's my opinion that he was.

I do agree. I have said that he is someone who can dish it but can't take it. I'll add that I'll have to rewatch the whole thing again though, as I can't remember how the comment about Michael was said by Jake. As in, I can't remember if he said it as an insult, or if he just genuinely mistook Jimmy for Michael?
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well he's out now and loving it
    https://vine.co/v/OvWmO6PDz3q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused by your post. You say Jake isn't bothered, but then your next comment about the public defending him suggests he is? He probably will be amazed, because Jimmy wasn't bullying him, and because he seems like a nice guy that won't want to make a big deal of it, regardless of whether he was offended by it or not. It's my opinion that he was.

I do agree. I have said that he is someone who can dish it but can't take it. I'll add that I'll have to rewatch the whole thing again though, as I can't remember how the comment about Michael was said by Jake. As in, I can't remember if he said it as an insult, or if he just genuinely mistook Jimmy for Michael?

I am saying that the public are more bothered than Jake, as Jake's attitude and manner towards Jimmy never changed.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    He was a familiar figure to lower league football fans for years and gained a bit more notoriety later in his career as a bit of a joker, beloved by the Soccer AM crowd but he was hardly a renowned top level footballer, and was not known by 'all football fans' let alone most I'm A Celebrity viewers his level of fame was similar to Jakes, ie not very famous.

Anyway their relative level of fame is neither here nor there in this issue. The whole exchange came across very negatively, and made an immediate impact, the bookies sussed it out and his odds to win drifted. It got picked up in the papers, the "bully" word was used. He blew his chances, I don't think he would have gone quite so early without the immune twist though but he definitely lost his chance to win after that episode.

Very harsh to say that he was only known to lower league football fans! ANY football fan will have known him! He played in the Premier League for a good couple of seasons and was called into the England squad at one point, only for a knee injury to mess that up for him.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member

So all in all when all is said and done: Not the innocent jokey 'banter' that some are trying to make it out to be at all. Instead it was nasty bitter attacks as let's face it, he voiced his annoyance at no longer being the Alpha male when Jake walked in.

I can't see why some just can't see the obvious: He is a nasty weak little man who uses inappropriate nasty put-downs to make up for that, when anyone threatens his ego as alpha male.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the comments against Jimmy here and elsewhere, make me worry for those that are making them! Sometimes you get what you ask for - time and again in this show, the good old public vote out the interesting ones and its happened yet again. The production team completely messing with the whole series, for reasons unknown - the four up for first eviction were four of the best contestants. If it was a free vote of all ten names, there is no way Jimmy would have gone.

We are now going to be left with a few [ ableit seemingly nice ] people, who will sit there quietly all day instead.

Jimmy has been well known for donkeys years for having a personality! Check out his 'best of' YouTube videos for proof. It's not arrogance at all. You only had to see the reaction of the other contestants last night, to see that he was well liked in camp. Yes, he was useless at the tasks but I would far rather watch someone with a good sense of fun about him, than those that sit quietly in the background.

And all the editing that ended his chances was ridiculous. Jake will be shocked when he comes out and is shown the clips. And more fool all of you that also fell for it!
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So all in all when all is said and done: Not the innocent jokey 'banter' that some are trying to make it out to be at all. Instead it was nasty bitter attacks as let's face it, he voiced his annoyance at no longer being the Alpha male when Jake walked in.

I can't see why some just can't see the obvious: He is a nasty weak little man who uses inappropriate nasty put-downs to make up for that, when anyone threatens his ego as alpha male.

I can only think that his supporters are similar to him. Seeing him act like he does makes them somehow feel better about their own behaviour.